PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hmmmm

Al Czervik
04-14-05, 11:31 PM
OK, here's the story. I see a guy I know who works for Hoosier tire at the local watering hole last night. I ask him whats new and exciting, and he lets go that there is a Hoosier test at IMS after the 500. I asked him if he meant on the oval or on the road corse. He just smiled and said that he couldn't tell me. I tried a couple of more times to get further info, but he wasn't offering anything else.

Endurance Grand-Am race? Firestone bailing? Silver Crown cars as the new Indy spec??? Anyone else hearing anything out there?

Ziggy
04-14-05, 11:32 PM
No idea. Will check it out and get back with you

JoeBob
04-14-05, 11:59 PM
Probably Grand Am.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-15-05, 12:49 AM
Hmmmm.... :D

nrc
04-15-05, 03:01 AM
Wow. Could anything suck the last ounce of mystique out of the place any faster than a Crapotype race with a few thousand people in the stands?

Sean O'Gorman
04-15-05, 11:54 AM
I just read yesterday that TG wants to fields a Vision car in the Rolex next year, so maybe that is related to a Grand-Am test.

I don't want him anywhere near Grand-Am, but at least no one in Grand-Am has to worry about his team dominating. :laugh:

JLMannin
04-15-05, 12:37 PM
Hmmmmmmm. . . . . does Hoosier make monster truck tires?

FCYTravis
04-15-05, 02:57 PM
Grand Am.

oddlycalm
04-15-05, 03:51 PM
Grand Sham. The EARL and IMS are so dependent on the Frances that anything the France's decide is automatically gospel to TG. He was worried about the threat from CART, yet allowed the France's to own him. What a mook... :shakehead

oc

Ankf00
04-15-05, 07:13 PM
I wonder if any of the avionics at work have cokehead/douchebag/defeceitofmentalcapacity homing guidance systems... That'd be a quick way to fixerup.