PDA

View Full Version : The REAL reason Antionio Pizzonia got fired, from the Jaguar F1 team...funny video!

jcollins28
04-14-05, 02:16 AM
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but i remember reading about it when it happened.

heres the video!http://wms.streamingplus.net/haymar...h_comp_512k.wmv

cameraman
04-14-05, 02:25 AM
That link does not work. Those three periods should be text.

Michaelhatesfans
04-14-05, 02:39 AM
Oh, good - I thought I missed a media player update or something. :laugh:

Lizzerd
04-14-05, 02:58 AM
Ditto. Linky no worky.

The Doctor
04-14-05, 08:56 AM
http://wms.streamingplus.net/haymarket/Autocar/Jaguar_Crash_comp_512k.wmv

Don Quixote
04-14-05, 09:00 AM
:eek: That did not look fun. He entered that turn a little too fast, perhaps? Who is the guy in the passenger seat?

Michaelhatesfans
04-14-05, 10:09 AM
Nah, we won't need helmets.

Winston Wolfe
04-14-05, 10:43 AM
I cant believe Dood put his arm up like that, under the impending roll portion of the incident.... Did he think he was gonna stop the roof from collapsing ?

Jervis Tetch 1
04-14-05, 10:49 AM
Crazy. :gomer:

jcollins28
04-14-05, 11:05 AM
I cant believe Dood put his arm up like that, under the impending roll portion of the incident.... Did he think he was gonna stop the roof from collapsing ?

No I think he was using that as leverage to keep his butt in the seat.

Tifosi24
04-14-05, 11:49 AM
Also a bit of human instinct I think. If you look at a lot of rally in-cars when there is a rollover, it is not uncommon to see the co-driver brace himself in that fashion.

Wheel-Nut
04-14-05, 12:05 PM
I like the look on the drivers face after they stop. He looks like he is thinking, "I can't believe I just did that!"

Winston Wolfe
04-14-05, 12:06 PM
That is a great way to have a roof collapse and force your elbow to bend whichever way it wants it to.... OUCH !

rabbit
04-14-05, 02:04 PM
Notice how Pizzonia's face went into "oh $&#@!" mode a lot quicker than the other guy? He knew before they ever got to the turn that they were in trouble.

racer2c
04-14-05, 02:06 PM
Notice how Pizzonia's face went into "oh $&#@!" mode a lot quicker than the other guy? He knew before they ever got to the turn that they were in trouble.

I noticed that too. I also noticed he cracked a small smile when it was over. The other guy was like "get me outta here!".

Sean O'Gorman
04-14-05, 04:08 PM
I bet RHR wouldn't have wrecked that car if he was the driver. :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
04-14-05, 04:13 PM
"You alright? You alright? Good, now get out of the car so I can kick the ***** out of you..."

jonovision_man
04-14-05, 05:16 PM
An old thread from Atlas:
http://forums.atlasf1.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63660

Here's the comments attributed to one of the passengers, Steven Sutcliffe:

"The reason I was sitting with Pizzonia was not to fulfil some life-long ambition to be driven around a GP circuit by a current GP driver: truth is I´m a pretty poor passenger, and with all due respect to my overqualified chauffeur, I´d much rather have been back at the hotel, relaxing in a hot bath, contemplating how not to make a fool of myself the next day.
But in a roundabout way that´s precisely why I was there. Pizzonia would do a few laps first, with me as passenger. Then we´d swap. That way I´d get to know which way the circuit went before driving the R3.But even the best laid plans can come unstruck. For the first lap, although it was obvious Pizzonia knew what he was doing, it was also clear that he hadn´t driven a big saloon on a track before, hence the groans of surprise he made when the S-type failed to respond properly through the final corner. On entry we stayed maybe a foot wide, and by the exit kerb there was so much understeer the front tyres just missed kissing the dirt.
Drama over, we smirked, registered the mistake and carried on, wondering whether anyone
On the pit wall had even noticed. Crossing the start finish line Pizzonia even said the immortal words: “This is a quick car, you know – quick.”.But then when we sailed past the 200m braking board into turn one, Antonio still hard on the gas in top gear and clearly believing that the Jag was going to slow easily for the next bend, all conversation ceased. Finally he hit the brakes. And into the gravel trap we went, up in the air, backwards into the tyre wall and down again. Whumpf, bang, crunch. We were okey; ultimately the only thing that mattered. But I have to admit, it wasn´t the kind of warm-up act I was expecting the night before driving the Formula One car.

:D

jono

Classic Apex
04-14-05, 05:59 PM
That look on Antonio's face at the end after he crash is priceless.

:rofl:

JoeBob
04-14-05, 08:27 PM
Well, at least now Andrew Bordin has someone he can wallow with.

Winston Wolfe
04-15-05, 09:37 AM
Well, at least now Andrew Bordin has someone he can wallow with.

IIRC The Pioneer executive that was with Bordin at Fontana faired alot worse than these two blokes....
His NSX hit the wall REAL hard in T2 and they were not wearing helmets. I seem to have remembered that the A-pillar collapsed on the passenger side and he suffered a hit to the head as well as injuries on the right side of his body.
At least these guys walked away.

Ankf00
04-15-05, 07:21 PM
That look on Antonio's face at the end after he crash is priceless.

:rofl:

yep!!!

Fio1
04-21-05, 02:21 AM

That's what you call braking at the oh s**** sign! :laugh:

JohnnyQ
04-23-05, 07:20 PM
looks to me like the naughty little monkey forgot he didn't have carbon fiber brakes.