PDA

View Full Version : french rental cars

rosawendel
04-13-05, 01:45 PM
renting a car in france in june (honeymoon! going to le mans! woohoo!), and tripping over myself trying to figure out car sizes. two inexpensive cars that i'm looking at renting are the renault megane (which looks tiny, like a focus) and the peugeot 407, but i can't find any ergonomic information on any of them (i'm 6'-4" tall).

the only cars i've been able to find that i absolutely know i fit in are a beemer 3 series, and the mini (both are around 1k a week). the renault (at $350) and the peugeout (at $450) are in our price range, but i can't find out ergonomical info. anyone know anything about these cars? thx.

chop456
04-13-05, 10:58 PM
The Renault Megane was perfectly comfortable for two six-footers and our crap. We got the diesel and you should too. It's quiet and doesn't smell. Europcar seemed decent except for the way they numbered their parking spaces at CDG. :gomer:

Edit: And Crapus Andretti will vouch for the fact that the Megane is perfectly happy to do 90+ for long stretches. :D

Audi_A4
04-13-05, 11:12 PM
When I was in france, we rented a FORD .. get a manual transmission because with the small engine you want max power. As long as the car is cheap who cares .. hey get all the insurance so you can return just a bent steering wheel and walk away. Thats what we did :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
04-14-05, 02:28 AM
honeymoon! going to le mans! woohoo
:thumbup:
Sounds like someone found the right woman! :laugh:

mapguy
04-14-05, 06:20 AM
French cars are really good in reverse....

Jervis Tetch 1
04-14-05, 10:56 AM
French cars are really good in reverse....Kind of like their battle tactics? :D