PDA

View Full Version : big nights of European Football

eiregosod
04-12-05, 09:59 PM
a barrage of flares abandonned the Inter Milan & AC Milan game

tomorrow night, Liverpool go to Juventus, where the Juventus will no doubt be in a forgiving mood for what happened 20 years ago!

Ankf00
04-13-05, 06:45 AM
Dida got pegged...
BAHAHHAHAHHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paintergeek
04-13-05, 08:18 AM
I dont think I could possbily be more confused right now. :confused:

WickerBill
04-13-05, 08:27 AM
And the sad thing is, what happened at the San Siro will no doubt stoke the fire in the rowdy section of the Juventus crowd even more. Funny, Gerrard not making the trip....

anait
04-13-05, 10:18 AM
I dont think I could possbily be more confused right now. :confused:

:laugh: It's a whole 'nuther language, innit?? ;)

I should search for European football on my cable package, I always enjoy watching. :thumbup:

Night Train
04-13-05, 10:31 AM
How did the Barcelona Dragons do?

ilferrari
04-13-05, 03:47 PM
Kind of predictable. This kind of thing has been happening for years in Serie A. There is nothing worse for an Inter fan than getting owned by Milan 2 games running in the UCL Quarter-Final. I remember a few years ago they lost 5-0 in the derby and they almost had to stop the game because of the food Inter fans threw at their players :laugh:

eiregosod
04-13-05, 04:00 PM
Kind of predictable. This kind of thing has been happening for years in Serie A. There is nothing worse for an Inter fan than getting owned by Milan 2 games running in the UCL Quarter-Final. I remember a few years ago they lost 5-0 in the derby and they almost had to stop the game because of the food Inter fans threw at their players :laugh:

Italian derbys are something else! :eek:

eiregosod
04-13-05, 04:29 PM
http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2005/04/12/0IEUOE4R.jpg

here's a pic from the first game http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/soccerman/04-05_milan-inter_cl3.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
04-13-05, 04:51 PM
Where is methanolandbrats to tell me about how much more sophisticated soccer fans are compared to Grand-Am fans? :D

Paintergeek
04-13-05, 07:07 PM
How did the Barcelona Dragons do?

Thats what I thoughtr this thread was about, too! But have no clue what a juventus is, or what oggi piu chi mae means :confused:

Ankf00
04-13-05, 07:57 PM
a juventus is a new york yankees of italian soccer.

a milan is a lil bitch owned by the country's PRIME MINISTER.

a roma is otherwise known as Tha ****.

Dr. Corkski
04-13-05, 08:50 PM
Good thing Ron Artest doesn't play over in Europe.

Paintergeek
04-13-05, 09:20 PM
a juventus is a new york yankees of italian soccer.

a milan is a lil bitch owned by the country's minister

a roma is otherwise known as Tha ****.

So whats 'II leoni' and that other banner mean? Im like Towlie on South Park.....I have no Idea whats goin on here.

WickerBill
04-13-05, 09:46 PM
I believe Il Leoni means "The Lions", but I'm clueless on banner #2.

Ankf00
04-13-05, 09:51 PM
the only phrase you need to know is "Merda Lazio"

Paintergeek
04-13-05, 10:17 PM
the only phrase you need to know is "Merda Lazio"

But I dont know that one either............... :saywhat:

Ankf00
04-13-05, 10:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
04-13-05, 10:39 PM
So whats 'II leoni' and that other banner mean? Im like Towlie on South Park.....I have no Idea whats goin on here.

http://home.comcast.net/~jldraven/images/towelie.jpg

Don't forget to bring a towel!

Paintergeek
04-13-05, 10:48 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

Great...I translated Merda, The rest I guess I dont need to know. hi-LARE-ious.......

:rolleyes:

Ankf00
04-13-05, 11:22 PM
that wasn't so hard now was it?

now repeat after me: "Forza Roma" :gomer:

ilferrari
04-16-05, 02:45 PM
that wasn't so hard now was it?

now repeat after me: "Forza Roma" :gomer:

Roma suck, always did and now they haven't got Samuel to bail them out they suck even more. Do not promote them and their spitting, nasty posterboy Totti on this or any forum.

Ankf00
04-16-05, 04:20 PM
what are you, a Juve fan? punk. :flame:

devilmaster
04-19-05, 07:38 PM
For paintergeek and all those other confused people who view this thread.....

Duthie: Footie Freaks

TSN.ca Staff

4/18/2005

When I was 13, I went on a school exchange to England. My parents figured it was time I got "cultured". I thought having an ELO album was cultured enough, but whatever.

My billet was a great kid, the perfect host. He took me to Stonehenge. (Which is still the strangest thing I have ever seen. All these massive stones in the middle of nowhere. I figure it was some Druid hazing ritual: "Okay rookies, carry these rocks thataway a few thousand miles, then make somthin' cool out of ‘em. It's that or we get out the shaver!")

We did Big Ben, Buckingham Palace; he even let me feed his hedgehogs.

(In the English countryside, they all have pet hedgehogs. Those things make guinea pigs look athletic. They do nothing. They're like furry pet rocks. And we're the colony? It's troubling.)

We were great chums. Until I made a fatal mistake.

He had a giant blackboard in his room where he had carefully drawn the logo of Liverpool, his soccer club of choice. Egged on by his older brother, I one day erased the Liverpool logo and drew a Manchester United one in its place. Nothing like a little harmless hijinx to deepen the bond between two innocent kids.

Except he didn't take it so well.

He freaked.

First he burst into tears, frantically scrubbing the board like he'd just murdered somebody in a fit of rage and needed to get the blood off. Then he took me out to the backyard and started pounding on my mullet-haired brace-faced head.

That very moment, with my cheek pressed deep into his mother's vegetable garden, I learned a valuable sports lesson.

Soccer fans are nuts.

I am reminded of my billet every time I see footie freaks go Medieval like they did this past week in Italy. Inter Milan fans torched the field with flares during their club's UEFA Cup quarterfinal with AC Milan.

It was Bonfire of the Insanities.

I'm no expert, but as a general rule, I'm thinking it's not a good thing when the commentator says:

"Oh Dear. I believe the goalkeeper is on fire."

Oh, and kids, that's not "on fire" as in "playing very well". That's "on fire", as in…ON FREAKIN' FIRE!

Though I'm guessing being struck by a flare would hurt less than…Let's say a…Motor scooter, which is what an Inter fan threw from the upper deck in a match four seasons ago (And you thought sneaking a wineskin into the game was tough).

A motor scooter?!?

Just for comparison's sake, my Dad once scolded me for tossing a paper airplane at a CFL game. (I was a Badass.)

By the way, the attempted goalie-roast will carry the same punishment the scooter-toss did, with Inter having to play its next few games in an empty stadium.

Which is no big deal. The Expos did it for years.

Of course Inter's crazies are hardly alone. Soccer lunacy is as old as…well… lunacy.

Yes, it's partly because soccer rivalries are often about much more than soccer. Politics, religion, old wars, they all play a role. But it's more than that. There's something about this game that activates the loopy gene in some people.

Two years ago, I went to a Swedish First Division Game in Stolkholm,

Hardly soccer's Mecca. Yet it was crazy. The fans screamed and jeered and taunted from whistle to final whistle. At the end of the game, one club's supporters were not allowed to leave their end of the stadium for a half-hour, so the other side's faithful could clear out first, thus preventing… I don't know…a meatball fight? Swedes are the calmest, most rational people I've ever met. And they have hooligans too?!?

Don't take this as an anti-soccer rant. Heck, I admire the passion of most footie fanatics (It beats the corporate hockey types who miss half the game sipping Heineken in their private "Executive Club Zone"). And I know the vast majority of you aren't pyromaniac psychopaths who throw motorized vehicles at people.

Every sport has wacko fans who taint the rest. It's just that soccer's psychos are really wacked.

By the way, my English billet did pull my face out of the dirt after his mother ran from the house screaming at him to get off me.

Then he explained what I had done. She thought about it for a moment, then turned back towards the house and said calmly:

"Carry on then."

IlliniRacer
04-19-05, 09:23 PM
I was watching the match on a big screen TV with a bunch of Europeans on a cruise ship when it happend. For a second, I thought I was in a reenactment. :)

I actually had very little interest in soccer until my current job. I currently manage the following websites:

http://www.mastercard.com/football/ucl/

http://www.mastercard.com/fifaworldcup/

Hoping to be in Germany in 06

Ankf00
04-19-05, 11:51 PM
you're so hooking me up once we're there....

Paintergeek
04-20-05, 08:11 AM
Wow. All that hate and devotion, all for something so incredibly LAME. :shakehead

WickerBill
04-20-05, 10:04 AM
PG, young boys think girls are icky too.... don't knock it 'till you try it. It's a fantastic sport.

nrc
04-20-05, 11:42 AM
PG, young boys think girls are icky too.... don't knock it 'till you try it. It's a fantastic sport.

Girls are great. It's the men running around in gymn shorts I don't care for. :)

Obviously I lot of people love it. Like golf, basketball and baseball, it must have some subtle appeal that just doesn't connect for me. I guess I prefer sports that require a helmet. :)

Gnam
04-20-05, 12:13 PM
It's the boredom. Eventually it drives the fans nuts.

Although, soccer at least has a time limit. So if you're watching a soccer game, 'cause you lost a bet, or fell down some stairs into some Euro-trash sports bar, or whatever, then at least you know when the misery is gonna end. With baseball or golf you have to pray for rain, cause even the 'fast paced' games take longer than your typical every day, regular ice age.

And as for people not liking soccer due to ignorance, doesn't every 5 year old play at least one season? And yet still no one cares.

The Doctor
04-20-05, 01:30 PM
Since World Cup '06 has been brought up --

Any one going? Thinking of going?

I'm thinking about pairing up a match or two with one of the Euro GPs, presumable the French GP if it falls on the same weekend in July next season.

Now the question is, how the hell does the ticketing process work? From what I've been reading, the first round is over and it was a completely random draw from all the applications. The second round starts in May and is first come first served? And I'm tentatively looking at either Match 55 or 56 on Tuesday 6/27/06, but probably Match 56 because I'd prefer Hanover.

Presumably I'd have to fight millions of Germans for tickets on May 2, so I've got to get this settled beforehand. What do I need to know? How do I pay for the tickets if I get them? I think I read it was a bank transfer if you didn't have a German bank account and no MasterCard. Why isn't Visa everywhere I want to be?! :flame: :rolleyes: How does the allocation process work? I'm so confused!

And if I can't get this all worked out -- screw it, I'm going to Montreal! ;)

WickerBill
04-20-05, 01:54 PM
And as for people not liking soccer due to ignorance, doesn't every 5 year old play at least one season? And yet still no one cares.

Oh, *that's* a great argument. Every five year old automatically is indoctrinated for life into the culture of soccer by playing "magnet-ball" (every kid on the field surrounds the ball and kicks), which is all they do at 5 here in the US.

At five years old, the only sport that existed for me was the Indy 500.

WB

Gnam
04-20-05, 03:22 PM
Every five year old automatically is indoctrinated for life into the culture of soccer
No, I would say they are introduced to it and decide "this sucks." No one is in their backyard kicking the 'ole soccer ball around with dad.

Sean O'Gorman
04-20-05, 03:34 PM
I played soccer for a half season when I was 8 and I quit over the winter because the coach always put me on defense and all I wanted to do was try and score goals. Of course, during this time we used to get to go to lots of Cleveland Crunch games so after watching fast paced indoor soccer, big, boring outdoor soccer really sucked.

WickerBill
04-20-05, 04:18 PM
No one is in their backyard kicking the 'ole soccer ball around with dad.

Tell that to my son, who spent last night with me working on heading crosses and corners. He's 7. There are a million like him. Say what you will, but in ten years, you'll be scratching your butt and saying "I remember when nobody liked soccer!"

racer2c
04-20-05, 04:28 PM
Tell that to my son, who spent last night with me working on heading crosses and corners. He's 7. There are a million like him. Say what you will, but in ten years, you'll be scratching your butt and saying "I remember when nobody liked soccer!"

I remember hearing that ten years ago. Heck, 20 years ago!

I have a 13 year old nephew who has been playing soccor since he was four. He's on the Olympic development team in his region and he can't wait until he gets into high school next year so he can try out for football. It's just the way US school systems are. If you are a fair to excellent athlete, you're going to want to play the most popular sports in high school, which is football and baseball.

ilferrari
04-20-05, 04:30 PM
Wow. All that hate and devotion, all for something so incredibly LAME. :shakehead

Wow, your dislike of soccer comes across in every post. Get off your whiny ass and give it a go, maybe you'll see why it's the most popular game in the world. Example (http://zidaneweb.free.fr/zidanereggina.mpg)

Gnam
04-20-05, 05:01 PM
Wow, your dislike of soccer comes across in every post. Get off your whiny ass and give it a go, maybe you'll see why it's the most popular game in the world. Example (http://zidaneweb.free.fr/zidanereggina.mpg)
Why is the ref scoring a goal? Man and I thought NFL refs were bad. :p

Paintergeek
04-20-05, 06:57 PM
Actually, To those who said 'Why dont you try it first'....I have. I have watched more than a few games, World cup, Olympic, womens etc. I have tried. Its lame. Just cause the whole world likes something doesnt make it good.....I give you Formula 1.....and ferrari's and Lambo's. I simply dont like things that are grossly overrated, Like Nascar.

I have a great deal of respect for the ability and strength of the players, and have said so for many years. Lame as it may be, It takes incredible endurance, perhaps more than any sport in the world. But so does doing one armed push-ups, It doesnt make it 'not lame'.

And whats the deal with 'extra time' or whatever they call it. Its like...Ok, were in overtime, but noone knows when its gonna end until it just....sorta....ends.

Also, You say 'my dislike of soccer comes across in every post'.....Where I actually never said anything negative until I said it was lame on my third or fourth post. The others I simply said I was confused, and what does Merda mean, Which obviously isnt pleasant. So really, Im not being too negative. Just confused.

Also, its NEVER going to catch on here. Remember when the whole Pele thing happened? Everyone thought this was going to be THE big thing to make soccer (Im sorry, Football as you say) a big hit. The day soccer becomes a hit here, Nascar will become a hit in Europe.

We all have opinions......I simply stated mine. in this case, I happen to be right ;)

OK, pleasent thoughts now before this becomes a soccer riot......

Ankf00
04-20-05, 08:07 PM
Since World Cup '06 has been brought up --

Any one going? Thinking of going?

I'm thinking about pairing up a match or two with one of the Euro GPs, presumable the French GP if it falls on the same weekend in July next season.

Now the question is, how the hell does the ticketing process work? From what I've been reading, the first round is over and it was a completely random draw from all the applications. The second round starts in May and is first come first served? And I'm tentatively looking at either Match 55 or 56 on Tuesday 6/27/06, but probably Match 56 because I'd prefer Hanover.

Presumably I'd have to fight millions of Germans for tickets on May 2, so I've got to get this settled beforehand. What do I need to know? How do I pay for the tickets if I get them? I think I read it was a bank transfer if you didn't have a German bank account and no MasterCard. Why isn't Visa everywhere I want to be?! :flame: :rolleyes: How does the allocation process work? I'm so confused!

And if I can't get this all worked out -- screw it, I'm going to Montreal! ;)

my cuz, myself, and 2 of my boys shall be there. as well as numerous other Longhorns I know. :cool:

Ankf00
04-20-05, 08:09 PM
No, I would say they are introduced to it and decide "this sucks." No one is in their backyard kicking the 'ole soccer ball around with dad.

why is it you watch road racing then? there's not much action on the track...

ooooh right, it's more 'advanced' and 'intelligent' and requires understanding subtleties :gomer:

footie's the most difficult team sport strategy wise and a heck of alot more involving than the nba, mlb or nfl where you quit playing every 4 seconds to restart

Gnam
04-21-05, 02:09 AM
ooooh right, it's more 'advanced' and 'intelligent' and requires understanding subtleties :gomer:
That's what everyone tells me about soccer. "It's all about the goals they're NOT scoring."

IlliniRacer
04-21-05, 10:30 AM
"It's all about the goals they're NOT scoring."

:shakehead Is this going to turn into another O'Gorman thread. ;) :D

WickerBill
04-21-05, 11:23 AM
That's what everyone tells me about soccer. "It's all about the goals they're NOT scoring."

Sorta like F1 is more than just on-track passes. If you have to have side-by-side IRL/NASCAR-style racin' to enjoy it, then I can understand why soccer isn't your deal.

Tifosi24
04-21-05, 12:40 PM
Soccer (football) is at the top of sporting games that I most like to watch. As Ank and WB have said, there is a lot more going on during a soccer match than just scoring. The lack of scoring is one of the reason's I like it about the same as hockey. Every point scored is important, it isn't like basketball and football where most scores have become meaningless. Soccer is like a duel with pistols, while football and basketball are a shotgun duel, so one is eventually gonna fall down. I didn't play much soccer as a kid so my enjoyment of the game came from talking to my friend and his dad in particular. His dad has a knowledge of the sport on par with what the average American male has for football. When you learn what he is seeing the game becomes a lot more exciting. Why do you think my friend from Germany who stayed at my house began to really enjoy football. He was able to understand more of what is going on from being around people knowledgeable in the sport. I know people are gonna come down on me for this, but soccer will keep getting more popular, maybe not an explosion but it will. The growth will be much like hockey, it is still growing but people just don't see it.

G.
04-21-05, 01:05 PM
I went to a few matches at a German social club. I found them exciting and fast-paced. I was really, really drunk.

Ankf00
04-21-05, 07:41 PM
:shakehead Is this going to turn into another O'Gorman thread. ;) :D

pwn3d!

Gnam
04-22-05, 04:00 PM
One more soccer picture (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/dip?f=/g/archive/2005/04/21/dip.DTL).

Ankf00
04-29-05, 07:07 PM
Eindhoven got whupped, and without an away goal they're to need to win by 3 at home if they want to advance...

and I can't wait to watch Chelsea go down in a sea of flames at Anfield, sorry Truebrit, your boys suck :p

eiregosod
05-01-05, 07:34 PM
Chelski won the premiership, perhaps the greatest display of football ever seen in England. Never knew the Russian pensioners had so much money :rofl:

their goals count for double on Tuesday night against Liverpool, if Liverpool lose, that'll be the end of them for a decade

Ankf00
05-01-05, 07:39 PM
the away goals rule in UEFA competition really is a crock of ****... just ****ing play golden or silver goal and settle it on the field

Eindhoven might be missing Beasley come midweek, he got pwn3d in their last Eredivisie game, took studs right to the shin, bruised knee :( God I hope they batter Milan, and all Liverpool needs is a win and they beat Chelsea, wasn't the original match a scoreless draw? If so Chelsea go through on a draw of 1-1 or greater, but extra half played if it's 0-0, basically win and you're in. Here's hoping to an Eindhoven/Liverpool final :cool:

eiregosod
05-01-05, 07:46 PM
the away goals rule in UEFA competition really is a crock of ****... just ****ing play golden or silver goal and settle it on the field

Eindhoven might be missing Beasley come midweek, he got pwn3d in their last Eredivisie game, took studs right to the shin, bruised knee :( God I hope they batter Milan, and all Liverpool needs is a win and they beat Chelsea, wasn't the original match a scoreless draw? If so Chelsea go through on a draw of 1-1 or greater, but extra half played if it's 0-0, basically win and you're in. Here's hoping to an Eindhoven/Liverpool final :cool:

Eindhoven have to at least score 2 goals. if Milan get a single goal then Eindhoven must score 4. stranger things have happened.

I think Liverpool can keep Chelsea out, it might go to penalties after 120 mins

The Doctor
05-25-05, 03:53 PM
AC Milan puts Liverpool to shame in the first half of the final... 3-0. Great goal in the first minute for Milan. Second half just began.

Good match. :thumbup:

The Doctor
05-25-05, 04:06 PM
AC Milan puts Liverpool to shame in the first half of the final... 3-0. Great goal in the first minute for Milan. Second half just began.

Good match. :thumbup:

Yes, I'm quoting my own post.

Liverpool goes wild! Three goals in five minutes, the last on a PK rebound as Milan unravels completely. 3-3! Fantastic match now, you all should be watching on ESPN2! :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

eiregosod
05-25-05, 05:51 PM
:thumdown: the worst team to win it since red star belgrade won the competition in 1990

WickerBill
05-25-05, 06:51 PM
Talk to me about how much better Italian and Spanish footie is than English now, Ank.... go ahead... Milan just blew it to the fifth place Prem side.... *nice*.

Ankf00
05-25-05, 07:42 PM
so? do I see ManUre or Chelsea or Arsenal around either? oh, no, they were booted as usual Hell, ManUre's won a handful of away matches in europe in the past 15 years. But am I making an argument that ManUre isn't/wasn't a stacked team? never have... Premiership is the only thing shown in America, so the soccer fans here follow it for obvious reasons... rest of the world would rather see La Liga and most people admit Serie A still has the most intelligent, tactical game, albeit boring as all hell aside from squads like Roma and Parma and the old Chievo seeing as Juve and Milan buy every first team national they can get their mitts on... anyway, Liverpool would be the first people to tell you they've been playing a far different brand of footie in Europe than in England this year, but the top 3 of the UK table debunk your UK > * comparison :gomer:

wonderful game, happy Liverpool won, scrappy play the entire tournament. F Milan :mad:

(Premiership is still the thug league :p)

eiregosod
05-25-05, 07:57 PM
Liverpool only scored those 3 goals because Milan thought that they had won the cup.

i saw more talent/skill/ability from the Milan players tonight than i have from the premiership in a decade.

remember Rupet Murdoch owns* the premiership, and hence is able to peddle it into every other country.

The premiership is played at much faster pace, that's why it is more exciting to watch

Ankf00
05-25-05, 08:03 PM
I want to know wtf Serginho and Pirlo were thinking... ESPECIALLY Pirlo seeing as he'll be starting for the Azzurri soon enough... and Shev? wtf?

half the premiership is glorified rugby players as witnessed by Carragher's booking in the 2nd half, with that challenge being a staple in the UK and an automatic card in Europe...

WickerBill
05-25-05, 08:05 PM
Liverpool only scored those 3 goals because Milan thought that they had won the cup.

i saw more talent/skill/ability from the Milan players tonight than i have from the premiership in a decade.

Delicious. That's like saying "yeah well the Patriots only gave up those 42 points in the second half because they thought they'd won". Three goals? To flippin LIVERPOOL??! Hahaha!

There were seven minutes when I didn't see much talent/skill/ability at all from the Milan players. Gotta play the full match. Perhaps those lapses are acceptable in Serie A..... :D

eiregosod
05-25-05, 08:07 PM
why, yes they must be acceptable! ;)

Ankf00
05-25-05, 08:12 PM
if this means Ancellotti is sacked, look for him to lead Roma to choking success :gomer:

Tifosi24
05-25-05, 09:54 PM
Not the best team in Murseyside, but they are the champions of Europe. Schevchenko blew the game in the 2nd OT period, he has all but two feet of the net open from three yards, and he puts it right in to Dudek. Then AC Milan gets stoned in the PK, although Dudek did appear to take some steps forward.

WickerBill
05-26-05, 07:09 AM
I thought while watching it that at least one of Milan's FKs should have been rekicked due to the keeper being so far off the line. Perhaps the referee was under Dudek's spell from his wobbly legs.

ilferrari
05-26-05, 12:02 PM
Liverpool are deserving winners IMO. Milan are a better team but they have only themselves to blame for throwing away a 3 goal lead. Their players came out for the second half feeling like they won it and gave Liverpool alot of time and space to play in their own half.

FANTASTIC game. I feel sorry for Maldini.

eiregosod
05-28-05, 10:13 PM
Engerland sure did the job today!

eiregosod
02-24-06, 02:33 PM
What a week!

Arsenal beat Real Madrid at the bernebau.

and Chelsea get outplayed by barcelona!

best week of football for a while.

vancouver
03-03-06, 02:17 PM
Looks as if Barca wont feel the full force of Frank Lampard.

He set to miss the match due to a tight hamstring.

I don't think Chelsea will go through to be honest.

Ankf00
03-03-06, 04:16 PM
meanwhile my Giallorossi set a Serie A record last weekend by notching 11 straight victories. Suck on THAT, Juve. :p

a win against the nerazurri this weekend and we're well on track for the final CL spot on the table :cool: Semis of Coppa Italia, ditching Cassano was the best thing for the club, 23432423 coaching changes, transfer ban, Cassano's hissy fits...

w00t. w00t.

Ankf00
03-07-06, 04:37 PM
barca vs. blues
arse vs. real

big night.

Ankf00
03-07-06, 07:00 PM
http://www.soccernet.com/design05/DJ/20060305/jose_pc.jpg

:rofl:

vancouver
03-08-06, 08:31 AM
So Chelsea are out!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
I am so happy! :)

Had they gone through, the English media, particulary the tabloids, would have hyped it so much!

Also, had they progressed, another story about John Terry and how he has yet again cheated on his fiancee would have been splashed across the tabloids.

Onwards and Upwards Barca! :)

Ankf00
03-08-06, 11:33 AM
John Terry is Keanu Reeves :rofl:

vancouver
03-09-06, 07:35 AM
Arsenal through with such a young squad! :thumbup:

vancouver
03-10-06, 10:56 AM
Arsenal face Juventus next.

Ankf00
03-10-06, 11:29 AM
Viera vs. Highbury will be nice, as will be Jar Jar Binks vs. Benfica...

Ankf00
03-10-06, 11:38 AM
Roma is biggie phatty :cool: :)

Heard a story on the radio today about how Roma has adopted the White Stripes song, "Seven Nation Army" as their song and cheer. (the intro) The blog link below is of a woman interviewed. I did not find the story right away.

But in general, when playing a Belgian team a couple weeks ago, the Belgies taunted Roma and their fans with it when they scored. Roma scored and also won the match and did so louder. The fans that travelled brought it back to Rome. It caught on like wildfire. Stores are having a hard time keeping that older CD in stock.

It is blaring out of cars, restaurants, people whistle it on the streets, you name it.

The reporter who did the story mentioned that he called and spoke to somebody high up w/ Roma's fan club, the ones that travelled and made this happen. He is a fan of the White Stripes and said plans are in the works to hopefully bring the Stripes to Rome to play at a match.

The reporter mentioned to the guy that he loves soccer from when he lived in Rome for awhile. His team is the other one there, Lazio. The Roma fan said, "We can't all be perfect". lol

Well, the reporter also contacted the manager for the WS's. Turns out he is a bigtime soccer fan as well. He is a big fan of Roma, his favorite team and only learned of all this within the last week. The reporter told him he was a Lazio fan and that "We can't all be perfect".

I thought this was a neat story. So any of you in Europe, go to the Roma match when the Stripes will play. That will be bad ass. And it sounds awesome when so many rabid fans chant the song intro.

Being my favorite Italian team I try to catch as many of their games on tv as I can. Must try harder now just to hear it live.

The blog: The Link (http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/kelsea/)

Ankf00
04-06-06, 09:33 AM
Barca v. Milan
Gunners v. Villareal

I'm taking a Barca-Gunners final with Barca & Jar-Jar on top

Ankf00
04-26-06, 01:25 PM
Arse goes through, w00t!

Now as long as Barca draws, Jar Jar gets to battle Henry for world's best forward :gomer:

RusH
04-26-06, 03:06 PM
Arsenal face Juventus next.

Poor gunners. :gomer:

I catch la Liga and il Calcio on GolTV. FSC sux like blimey.

IlliniRacer
05-17-06, 02:38 PM
Are you ready for some football!!!!
Should be a fun match

Ankf00
05-17-06, 02:39 PM
IT'S ON!!

GO GUNNERS!!

Tifosi24
05-17-06, 02:48 PM
I can't watch this match because I have to go to a job interview I am really not interested in :mad: . Well, everything is a learning experience I suppose.

Ankf00
05-17-06, 03:10 PM
that call was horses***!!!!

Ankf00
05-17-06, 03:15 PM
4-4-1 w/ Edmilson & Lehmann, this is quickly turning into one worthless match :rolleyes:

IlliniRacer
05-17-06, 03:15 PM
Tivoing it at home, following it on ESPN Gamecast at work - What exactly happend?

The Doctor
10-18-06, 05:35 PM
it's that time of year again, Champion's League qualifying... I'm surprised some of you let this go three games into the group phase without anyone saying anything!

Barca played poorly today and lost to Chelsea... even with Chelsea without Cech after his fractured skull against Reading. ManU and Celtic also won yesterday... and Arsenal lost.

WickerBill
10-18-06, 09:34 PM
I love the new keeper for Chelsea! He's hilllaaaaaaario...

eiregosod
10-18-06, 10:01 PM
it's that time of year again, Champion's League qualifying... I'm surprised some of you let this go three games into the group phase without anyone saying anything!

Barca played poorly today and lost to Chelsea... even with Chelsea without Cech after his fractured skull against Reading. ManU and Celtic also won yesterday... and Arsenal lost.

Boss emeritus started a new thread a month ago. :cool:

Chelsea didn't let Barca play in midfield. It'll be a different story in a fortnight.

Wouldn't write barca off.

The Doctor
10-18-06, 11:18 PM
Boss emeritus started a new thread a month ago. :cool:

Chelsea didn't let Barca play in midfield. It'll be a different story in a fortnight.

Wouldn't write barca off.

Oops, missed it:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11484

And I think Barca will suffer a similar result in a fortnight... they had Ronaldinho well defensed and played solid, and of course Drogba with the amazing goal. Plus the great Hilario! and a couple of missed opportunities by Ballack and Shevchenko, and Chelsea could have won by a couple of goals.

eiregosod
10-18-06, 11:24 PM
Oops, missed it:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11484

And I think Barca will suffer a similar result in a fortnight... they had Ronaldinho well defensed and played solid, and of course Drogba with the amazing goal. Plus the great Hilario! and a couple of missed opportunities by Ballack and Shevchenko, and Chelsea could have won by a couple of goals.

it's a different thing to play Barca at the noucamp. Regardless of the result, Barca will qualify for the next stage.

Ankf00
02-01-07, 02:47 PM
Well, if any of you are Liverpool supporters I have just this to say:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tom Hicks just joined Gillett on the Liverpool bid. Next stop: Relegation City

eiregosod
02-02-07, 02:25 PM

why do you say that?

The Glazers did a good job with United. They're playing the best football I've ever seen them play and the operating profits are way up on 2005.

Ankf00
02-02-07, 02:28 PM
why do you say that?
Other Tom Hicks enterprises:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHOTOFILE/AABR036~Dallas-Stars-Team-Logo-Photofile-Posters.jpg

http://cmsweb1.loudoun.k12.va.us/5093091572225/lib/5093091572225/TexasRangers_NewLogo.jpg

eiregosod
12-19-07, 05:04 PM

Bump, looks like the new owners are living up to ank's prophecy!

delay in signing new players
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7149636.stm

downgraded stadium plans
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7148782.stm

coul these two be the next owners of champcar? :\