PDA

View Full Version : And we all thought repaving something was easy...

Racing Truth
04-12-05, 07:22 PM
Guess not. :gomer:

Goodyear's NASCAR tire test at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, originally scheduled for next week, has been postponed due to more grinding work that needs to be done, Speedway spokesman Ron Green said Friday. April 9, Indy Scar

They repaved it, and the thing was an unmitigated cluster fark, so they have to diamound grind the whole thing.

oddlycalm
04-12-05, 07:32 PM
My take on the diamond grinding is that it may cure one problem but it will create another. Better than a 50% chance they will end up with the wrong surface condition. I hope it's still jacked at the end of May...

oc

eiregosod
04-12-05, 07:35 PM
this is the same company that crated the 'EARL'?

I'd expect as much from them!

pchall
04-12-05, 07:40 PM
I almost feel sorry for the people who will have to drive 220+ there in May. If the entries into the turns are bumpy enough to bother the Cup cars, can you imagine what would happen to a crapwagon?

SteveH
04-12-05, 10:55 PM
Tony should tend to his knitting and quit trying to hammer Champ Car into oblivion.

DagoFast
04-12-05, 11:14 PM
I wish toeknee would personally oversee EVERY single detail at the hickyard. :gomer:

TravelGal
04-13-05, 02:22 AM
This sounds like good news to me. As in, hopefully it's costing him a fortune. Heheheheh. The more he loses, the sooner he loses.

Lizzerd
04-13-05, 02:46 AM
I almost feel sorry for the people who will have to drive 220+ there in May. If the entries into the turns are bumpy enough to bother the Cup cars, can you imagine what would happen to a crapwagon?

The problem isn't bumps, it's too slick. So say the "experts" on local news this evening.

pchall
04-13-05, 06:10 AM
The problem isn't bumps, it's too slick. So say the "experts" on local news this evening.

The local experts used that to apologize for Marco's whoop-de-do during the MIPS road course practice, too.