PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Anyone???

RaceChic
02-28-03, 02:30 PM
Wondering who is interested in the Cleveland night race???
This way we can co-ordinate who is staying where.
Mello, Flywheel, my friend Garnet and I along with Lizzerd, and Devilmaster's buddy, Jeff will be at the Days Inn on Lake Avenue.:)
I've reserved two rooms and can accomodate eight people in them with four of us so far......Let me know if you need to join us.:D
Crapwagon has a post about this also so I thought we ought to get going as well so we aren't left with no place to stay.....:)

mello
02-28-03, 03:44 PM
I am pretty sure Lisa is going to be with us also!!!!

Warlock!
02-28-03, 04:16 PM
Eight people in two rooms?!? Someone's gonna end up pregnant!

I haven't decided where I'm stayin yet, but I'd like to be stumbling distance from the flats and the track. If you book for 3 nights thru Hotwire.com, you can get a rate of $54/night at the Embassy Suites (found that out from the Crapwagoneers, too), but I dunno if I'm even gonna be there 2 nights. Gotta contact a few folks...

Winter Warlock!

RaceChic
02-28-03, 04:22 PM
According to Mello and Flywheel, this place is eight minutes from the track. I booked at www.daysinn.com and got a rate of $55.00/night. I specified who I wanted my rooms next to or near in the comments section.
Pregnant? Are you joining us with your "tookillya" shots, Warlock????:rofl: :p :rofl:

mello
02-28-03, 04:55 PM
I think it is like 8 miles. But someone else told me that. I know it isn't very far and it is near the flats.(west of them) We are all going share taxi's so no one has to drive after a night of drinking. We can't do the 3 nights so the hotwire one is no good for us.

lisa
02-28-03, 06:40 PM
Mello's right, I'll be there with her and flywheel. I can't miss Cleveland.

Lizzerd
02-28-03, 08:13 PM
Well, since I was told that I WILL indeed be attending by a few drunks last Saturday night, and reminded that I WILL be attending now, it seems that I WILL indeed be attending.

RaceChic, you do the leg work this time and I'm in, but I can't promise that I will win the race pool again to pay for the room.

rocket
02-28-03, 11:04 PM
I'll be there, staying at the Embassy Suites downtown with my brother, his wife and his 2 oldest boys. I'm thinkin' it'll be more like a family weekend...but I'm sure we can sneak away for a few hours to get a groove on. After all he's the one that'll have the wife beatin' him over the head with her purse if we screw up, not me.:D

Napoleon
03-01-03, 09:18 AM
I will be staying at my house.

If anyone wants my canned recommendations on staying downtown e-mail or pm me.

mello
03-01-03, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon

And you didn't invite any of us to stay with you? I bet you heard stories!
Any clue when the tickets go on sale yet?

Napoleon
03-01-03, 02:19 PM
The renewal forms went out a week ago. They need to be returned by 3/14. I assume at that point they fill the renewals and open sales to everyone else

turn1
03-02-03, 11:34 PM

Likewise for me - I am full of good Cleveland ideas (and live down the block from the Days Inn. Unfortunately, however, most of my nights will be spent on track......

Napoleon
03-03-03, 08:23 AM
Man, T1, since you work about 2 to 3 miles from where I live you have one heck of a commute. At least most of it is contrary to traffic.

Railbird
03-04-03, 03:35 PM
Me and my kid will be there, maybe a few more fans with us. We'll probably just stay one night.

Hardpoint
03-05-03, 02:47 PM
I know Kub, Flobee and I are planning on making the trip.

mello
03-05-03, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by GoBucks
I know Kub, Flobee and I are planning on making the trip.
YAY!!!!!

turn1
03-05-03, 03:09 PM
Man, T1, since you work about 2 to 3 miles from where I live you have one heck of a commute. At least most of it is contrary to traffic.

It is not too bad. Most of it is freeway & it gives me a chance to suck down my coffee and listen to Howard or NPR depending on my mood.

RaceGrrl
03-05-03, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by turn1
it gives me a chance to suck down my coffee and listen to Howard or NPR depending on my mood.

Classic! I thought I was the only person who listened to both Stern and NPR in the morning. :)

Twisty Bits
03-10-03, 02:45 AM
I will be at the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square with the wife. I guarantee no one will be getting pregnant in that room.
:rofl:

WOW! Stern fans. Cool.
:thumbup:

chop456
03-10-03, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Classic! I thought I was the only person who listened to both Stern and NPR in the morning. :)

I make three, apparently. Presets 1 and 6. Gotta offset all that educational stuff with something, right? :D

RaceGrrl
03-10-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by chop456
I make three, apparently. Presets 1 and 6. Gotta offset all that educational stuff with something, right? :D

Exactly. The humor on NPR offsets the education I get from Stern's show quite nicely. :p

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 12:18 PM
My wife mentioned it to me...

Are there any rooms at the Days Inn still?

mello
03-10-03, 02:37 PM
Yes rooms are still available as of noon today. They are still $55 a night also. Check out www.daysinn.com. It is in Lakewood. The more the merrier!

mnkywrch
03-12-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by mello
Yes rooms are still available as of noon today. They are still $55 a night also. Check out www.daysinn.com. It is in Lakewood. The more the merrier!

Eh, now she tells me she's on call and has to stay within a half-hour of the hospital on the 4th.

It's kinda far to drive for just the race, so we'll have to pass.

Take some pictures for us - but, mello, if I'm going to show them to my wife, we may want to limit them to pictures of cars and people with clothes on. ;) :D

(Some of those pictures from Woo Doggies... why don't I just show her the Danica Patrick pix?)

turn1
03-12-03, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

Yeah - Cleveland radio pretty much sucks IMO & I get tired of dragging my MP3 player to my car. So, I jump back and forth between Howard and NPR for chuckles and brain food.

:D

RaceChic
03-15-03, 03:16 PM
Any ideas about an event/party????? :thumbup:
I asked the same question for Mid-Ohio. Wanted to get a feel for peoples' plans since RA is out now.

DjDrOmusic
03-15-03, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by turn1
Yeah - Cleveland radio pretty much sucks IMO & I get tired of dragging my MP3 player to my car. So, I jump back and forth between Howard and NPR for chuckles and brain food.

:D

It's sad to have to read that. At one time Cleveland radio was great, lots of personality wherever you tuned into the dial. Now it's just corporate radio with a few syndicated gab fests thrown in. Quick someone buy me a radio station so I can survive!!

RaceChic
03-17-03, 10:20 AM
Lizzerd, Garnet and I got our race tickets already!!!!!:thumbup: :p :thumbup:
Also my friend diane.............