PDA

View Full Version : Mario: the fans have spoken

Don Quixote
04-10-05, 09:15 PM
When asked on windtunnel who should run the LB Grand Prix. :thumbup:

indyfan31
04-10-05, 09:21 PM
Yup, big cheer went up when Tracy thanked the fans (as he did last year) for supporting ChampCar.
I'm glad Mario sees it that way, regardless of family loyalties, he didn't seem to waffle over his answer.

cart7
04-10-05, 09:32 PM
When asked was the IRL the best direction for Marco he wouldn't say yes. :laugh:

Wants to see him in F1. duh.

Dave99
04-10-05, 09:58 PM
After tv time ran out the podium finishers Bruno, PT and Bourdais each thanked the fans for our support and expressed their desire for Champ Car to return again for next year and beyond. The crowd responded enthusiastically so hopefully it wasn't lost on any Dover Downs officials who may have been there.

More than a few signs today wishing the worst for the IRL there. :p

spinner26
04-10-05, 10:36 PM
When asked was the IRL the best direction for Marco he wouldn't say yes. :laugh:

Wants to see him in F1. duh.

Mario did say though that he thought Marco was road / street racer.

Chief
04-10-05, 10:50 PM
Not sure if you heard what Mario said but a caller had strong feelings that LB was gone to the darkside. Mario strongly asserted that this was not the case, and with his response I gathered he didn't want it to go to IRL, period.

RusH
04-10-05, 10:54 PM
lets hope
1. talent skips a generation
2. it doesn`t get waisted

FanofMario
04-10-05, 11:42 PM
Too bad Mario doesn't co-host that show more---I might just watch it more! To those who suggested recently that Mario was sipping on the Kool-Aid, think again! He did a great job defending LB and indirectly Champcar. His face was total disgust with that caller from Texas who suggested that Champcar is gone from Long Beach. :p

I also enjoyed Seabass and Jim McGee. BTW, anybody know where a Mario fan can get a hold of some of that race footage. I really enjoyed seeing the clips--especially that first GP win at South Africa!

Andrew Longman
04-11-05, 09:07 AM
Odd his comment about the possibility of doing the D24hr with Michael and Marco. Said he would only do it if he could get Marco and Michael. Maybe I was reading more into it than was there, but something in the way he said it made it seem Michael would be the obstacle.

He definitely was in St Pete only to see Marco.

nrc
04-11-05, 09:50 AM
Maybe I was reading more into it than was there, but something in the way he said it made it seem Michael would be the obstacle.

Honda owns Michael so that might be an obstical. Mario would have to rent him for the weekend and probably pay mileage.

Wabbit
04-11-05, 11:42 AM
Michael doesn't want to race anymore. He said being a driver wasn't as important as it once was.

devilmaster
04-11-05, 11:49 AM
Michael doesn't want to race anymore. He said being a driver wasn't as important as it once was.

Well, he's right. Its more important to be a whore for Yen money....

Racing Truth
04-11-05, 12:23 PM
When asked on windtunnel who should run the LB Grand Prix. :thumbup:

Sure looked like it.

Crowd seemed really into it too. :thumbup:

Great crowd, great drives by PT and SeaBass. Very good day.