PDA

View Full Version : Kendall on Wind Tunnel

TedN
04-10-05, 11:27 AM
TK is the co-host on Sunday April 17th. Should be a lively affair. Guess we'll also finally find out what Tommy is up to this year.

Ted

spinner26
04-10-05, 11:35 AM
TK's doing what he wants when he wants where he wants. Whish I had that problem.

Spicoli
04-10-05, 11:36 AM
TK's doing what he wants when he wants where he wants. Whish I had that problem.

not working, not making any money.

Audi_A4
04-10-05, 11:28 PM
no transam ?

Winston Wolfe
04-11-05, 12:52 AM
No TransAm for TK this year.... I ran into him on pit row just before the race and he was just being Tommy, waving to the fans who knew him and baggin' on Calvin Fish in his new "jumpsuit"....
TK rocks !!!!

And yeah, no job and no money didnt seem to be bringing him down too much

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 08:44 AM
TK was at Fontana last weekend talking to Grand-Am teams. They interviewed him and he said he was glad the series is doing well because he thought he was one of the very few people who believed in the Daytona Prototype concept since the very beginning.

TK knows that Grand-Am is the place to be.

:runs:

:)

spinner26
04-11-05, 09:53 AM
not working, not making any money.

Come on, do you really think he needs anymore? I don't think he is filthy rich but I'd bet he's got plenty.

Spicoli
04-11-05, 10:13 AM
Come on, do you really think he needs anymore? I don't think he is filthy rich but I'd bet he's got plenty.

lol. I have no idea dooder.

Easy
04-11-05, 10:39 AM
From what I know, he made some good money and did smart things with it to make it grow big and strong.

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 11:23 AM
From what I know, he made some good money and did smart things with it to make it grow big and strong.

Like being born into the right family? A guy I used to talk to on the AOL CART forums raced with TK and was friends with him when they were in the Russell school in the mid-80s and he said TK was a millionaire before he was born.

Winston Wolfe
04-11-05, 11:31 AM
Like being born into the right family? A guy I used to talk to on the AOL CART forums raced with TK and was friends with him when they were in the Russell school in the mid-80s and he said TK was a millionaire before he was born.

Ask Dave99 who grew up with TK here in SoCal.... instead of relying on "friends of a friend who was an internet guy who knew him" you can just ask Dave..... :rolleyes:

Dave's bio \ signature says " Home of TK"

Dave99.... you on here today ? Calling Dave....

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 11:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, what would a guy who actually raced with TK know about his background anyway?

Not like there is anything wrong with being born rich and going racing, its pretty much the only way to do it at a young age. And I don't doubt for a second that TK is a smart businessperson, just stating that I'm sure he was born with opportunities that made it easier.

Turn7
04-11-05, 11:41 AM
:rolleyes:
just stating that I'm sure he was born with opportunities that made it easier.

What makes you sure of that? :confused:

A person posting on the internet that claims to have known a personality? :gomer:

:rofl:

Winston Wolfe
04-11-05, 11:52 AM

A person posting on the internet that claims to have known a personality? :gomer:

yeah, probably the first time that has happened !!!! :shakehead

SOG knew a guy who said that drifting stinks.... and GA rocks.....

There you go, it must be true !!!

Like I said, if we can get Dave99 to post up, we'll get a pretty good answer since Dave went to the same HS as TK.... and as far as most of us know, Dave99 is actually a REAL person....

Jervis Tetch 1
04-11-05, 12:08 PM
I'll watch. TK is always good for quote or two.

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 12:11 PM

Well, gee, when this person said Johnny O'Connell was the best man at his two weddings, and I ask O'Connell about it and he talks about the days they all raced together at Russell, I'm pretty sure he knows what hes talking about.

I don't know why you are all making such a big deal about this. :confused:

Spicoli
04-11-05, 12:12 PM
Well, gee, when this person said Johnny O'Connell was the best man at his two weddings, and I ask O'Connell about it and he talks about the days they all raced together at Russell, I'm pretty sure he knows what hes talking about.

I don't know why you are all making such a big deal about this. :confused:

It might be just me, but people like to pick on you. :p

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 12:12 PM
Like I said, if we can get Dave99 to post up, we'll get a pretty good answer since Dave went to the same HS as TK.... and as far as most of us know, Dave99 is actually a REAL person....

I went to high school with some kid who was on a recently cancelled ABC show, and that Frische kid who plays hockey, does that mean I'm an expert on them?

Fitti Fan
04-11-05, 06:20 PM
Ask Dave99 who grew up with TK here in SoCal.... instead of relying on "friends of a friend who was an internet guy who knew him" you can just ask Dave..... :rolleyes:

Dave's bio \ signature says " Home of TK"

Dave99.... you on here today ? Calling Dave....

Dave is definitely the one to call. I seem to remember one year at Fontana when Dave was chasing Tommy K. down in true stalker-like fashion, Sharpie in hand, tennis shoes a blazing. I believe Davey caught up to the chicken car and was successful in his TK autograph quest.

I agree, Dave's the one to ask. :rolleyes:

But then again, Dave's the same guy who waited some time outside of a port a pottie for Alex Tagliani's autograph too. And he had to wait some time for Alex to come out of the thing, so we knew exactly what was going on. Wash your hands after using that pen Dave? :laugh:

fourrunner
04-11-05, 06:56 PM
Don't know about Dave's knowledge of Tommy Kendall, but I do know that he went to High School with the Great Actor Taylor Negron who Starred in "Easy Money" with Rodney Dangerfield as the "Spanish" BrideGroom of Rodney's Daughter.

Taylor is successful Stand up comic who was in many movies in the 80's & 90's ( Go to imdb.com and look him up ) you'll definitely know him !

I have no doubt that Dave is the "go to guy" for this info

Good internet friend, and I had a blast with him at Laguna Seca last year !!

OK enough Ass Kissing ! ;)

Fitti Fan
04-11-05, 10:36 PM
Don't know about Dave's knowledge of Tommy Kendall, but I do know that he went to High School with the Great Actor Taylor Negron who Starred in "Easy Money" with Rodney Dangerfield as the "Spanish" BrideGroom of Rodney's Daughter.

Taylor is successful Stand up comic who was in many movies in the 80's & 90's ( Go to imdb.com and look him up ) you'll definitely know him !

)

Pizza Guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, I remember him.

RHR_Fan
04-11-05, 11:26 PM
If it makes me cool, I went to high school with one of the players on the WI Badger Basketball team.

~Nicole

TravelGal
04-12-05, 03:58 PM
If it makes me cool, I went to high school with one of the players on the WI Badger Basketball team.

~Nicole

I'll chime in. I went to high school with Steve Krisiloff. (That's for all you Christiano or PKV fans) How long ago was that? We drove covered wagons in those days.

DagoFast
04-12-05, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah?
Well I went to high school with a bunch of people you never heard of! :D

Lizzerd
04-13-05, 02:53 AM
One of my High School buddies is a fireman.