PDA

View Full Version : Pam Andersons Sitcom

Paintergeek
04-10-05, 12:17 AM
Has anyone else seen the previews of this show>>? At least it isnt a reality show, But who decided THIS was a good idea? When there isnt anyhing funny in the PREVIEW, how are they going to fill 30 minutes? And of course the title, "Stacked"...to go along with V.I.P, and the topless dancer cartoon. Sometimes there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". :rolleyes: :shakehead

dando
04-10-05, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I put this one up there with the Anna Nicole Smith show. Is it any wonder why I don't watch anything on the broadcast networks other than sports? :shakehead

-Kevin

nrc
04-10-05, 02:29 AM
Christopher Lloyd? Is he hard up for a paycheck?

Ok, I give some credit to any show with a script these days. Not sure if this one qualifies. :)

Paintergeek
04-10-05, 01:14 PM
Christopher Lloyd? Is he hard up for a paycheck?

Ok, I give some credit to any show with a script these days. Not sure if this one qualifies. :)

Now thats funny :)

I didnt know Chris lloyd was in it. How sad. At least hes working.

I also just thought of her cartoon, It was called 'stripperella', Along with VIP, Baywatch, and maybe her BEST work, A movie..........Called Pam and Tommy. Her only work I could actually watch.

nrc
04-10-05, 01:46 PM
Ok, confession time. I actually kind of liked Barb Wire. Just because Anderson is one of the few people who actually has the proportions of a typical comic book character. :)

JoeBob
04-10-05, 02:03 PM
Not every sitcom can be Arrested Development.

oddlycalm
04-10-05, 02:07 PM
the proportions of a typical comic book character. Yep, the evolution from cute Vancouver Island girl to high mileage tranvestite impersonator has been complete for some time. Ugh...

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
04-11-05, 12:51 PM
Call me crazy if you will, but give me a pretty, perky Mary Tyler Moore (circa 1961) from "The Dick Van Dyke Show" any day over Pam Anderson.

Throw in Julie Newmar (circa 1966) in her Catwoman outfit from "Batman" and I'll take that trade any day.

:)

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 12:54 PM
Throw in Julie Newmar (circa 1966) in her Catwoman outfit from "Batman"

:thumbup:

"Michelle Pfeiffer? Ha! The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt." -Adam West

JohnHKart
04-11-05, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I put this one up there with the Anna Nicole Smith show. Is it any wonder why I don't watch anything on the broadcast networks other than sports? :shakehead

-Kevin

Yup....that's me too.....I never watch anything on networks other than 60 minutes, SNL and sometimes Dateline NBC, 20/20 and PrimetimeLive.

JH

Sean O'Gorman
04-11-05, 05:16 PM
SNL sucks

Paintergeek
04-11-05, 06:45 PM
SNL sucks

...But the worst SNL bit ever still is funnier than ANYTHING done on MadTv....Ever. I dont see humor in that show ANYWHERE.

Classic Apex
04-11-05, 07:50 PM
Call me crazy if you will, but give me a pretty, perky Mary Tyler Moore (circa 1961) from "The Dick Van Dyke Show" any day over Pam Anderson.

I'll second that. And then also throw in a young Sally Field into the mix.

Yummy.

:D

Lizzerd
04-11-05, 08:41 PM
...But the worst SNL bit ever still is funnier than ANYTHING done on MadTv....Ever. I dont see humor in that show ANYWHERE.

Continuing off topic. I think you're nuts, 'geek. MadTV blows SNL off the screen.

Reminiscing now... I went to college in the mid to late '70's, the early years of SNL. At any party you were at, any bar, etc., at 11:30 the music stopped and the television came on. Great cutting edge stuff back then.

Paintergeek
04-11-05, 09:36 PM
Continuing off topic. I think you're nuts, 'geek. MadTV blows SNL off the screen.

Reminiscing now... I went to college in the mid to late '70's, the early years of SNL. At any party you were at, any bar, etc., at 11:30 the music stopped and the television came on. Great cutting edge stuff back then.

EXCUSE ME!! Is this coming from someone whos location is 'In a van down by the river!" :laugh:

Seriously though, I thought you and me were tight, but I have just lost a great deal of respect for you. (insert sarcasm here).

That damned MadTv is on Comedy Central ALL THE TIME. Every time I switch over there, it seems to be on. I leave it on almost every time for about 2 or 3 skits, and change it in total awe of how incredibly not funny it is. That samne chinese dude dressed as a woman, or that SAME guy acting like a 7 foot tall 6 year old, Or the nurse who acts like a bubbly spring break blonde, Or that weird little asian chic who talks baby talk. Man. Not funny. And the 'video' parodies? Ugh.

The ONLY thing ever to come out of that show thats good is Frank Caliendo's impressions, But the writing belittles his talent. A great impersonation cant save a lame bit. But Frank is HILARIOUS when he does impressions on Bob and Tom, or on Fox NFL sunday and such. His Jeff Goldblum is HUH-LAIR-E-US! :rofl:

indyfan31
04-11-05, 11:45 PM
Pam Anderson is the biggest waste of DNA on the planet.

chop456
04-12-05, 01:33 AM
Maybe she doesn't waste it.