PDA

View Full Version : 4/7/68 R.I.P. Jim Clark

RedLine
04-07-05, 04:13 PM
A Gentleman and Champion gone but never forgotten.

http://www.peterfetterman.com/images/artists/alexander/JimClark_sm.jpg :(

Michaelhatesfans
04-07-05, 05:41 PM
On this subject, I was just wondering the other day whatever became of the Jim Clark memorial at Hockenheim? It was along the section that is no longer there - I assume that they moved the memorial, but does anyone know where?

RedLine
04-07-05, 05:42 PM
On this subject, I was just wondering the other day whatever became of the Jim Clark memorial at Hockenheim? It was along the section that is no longer there - I assume that they moved the memorial, but does anyone know where?

Visit the Nostalgia Forum on AtlasF1. They have a thread discussing it and several people have been to the track lately, IIRC.

Ziggy
04-07-05, 06:47 PM
RIP Jimmy

My first racing hero. The magnatude of his talent was well documented in the Indianapolis papers when he was among the living. It's what steered me towards autoracing to begin with. Wanting to know more about him encouraged me to start reading books on the subject.

The guy was tops!

RTKar
04-07-05, 06:54 PM
I'm old enough to remember his name while he was alive, one of my first racing heroes...a name synonymous with Lotus and British racing green.

2DB
04-08-05, 07:53 AM
RIP Jim, we did raise a drink for a toast last night. Mr. Bird, how timely was my picture framing.

Kelvis

Jervis Tetch 1
04-08-05, 10:42 AM
RIP Great Scot.