PDA

View Full Version : "Skinny Nancy Callahan..." (spoilers)

rabbit
04-06-05, 09:40 PM
I'm not much of a comic book person, but I love the "Sin City" previews (and Jessica Alba) and can't wait to see it. Anyone else?

Paintergeek
04-06-05, 09:57 PM
I'm not much of a comic book person, but I love the "Sin City" previews (and Jessica Alba) and can't wait to see it. Anyone else?

it was mentioned in another thread as being horrible.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7163

racer2c
04-06-05, 10:15 PM
The last comic book I read was a Spiderman when I was 7. My freinds who have seen Sin City, loved it.

nrc
04-06-05, 10:15 PM
Also mentioned (by me) as being amazing. Visually it's just a stunning movie. Whether you enjoy the movie as a whole depends a lot on whether you appreciate the Frank Miller genre of graphically beautiful, but dark and violent pulp fiction.

The first five minutes I thought it might be a dissappointment. The dime novel dialog is a bit painful at first. But once you allow yourself to accept that it's not a typical Hollywood action flick and become emersed in the genre it's really very good. 8 out of 10.

racer2c
04-06-05, 10:21 PM
To those, like nrc, who actually know the story here are some comparision shots of the movie and it's comic book equivalents.

Link (http://www.filmrot.com/images/sincity-comparisons/sincity.html)

rabbit
04-06-05, 10:37 PM
it was mentioned in another thread as being horrible.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7163
Oops, didn't see that one.

Happy belated bday Nicole! (Sorry I missed it.)

Night Train
04-06-05, 10:45 PM
I saw it and liked it.

skaven
04-07-05, 12:27 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. It was either see a movie or go snowshoeing last Saturday. Luckily, I won and we went to the movies.

It was wicked seeing Frodo the nine-fingered turn into Frodo the dismembered, decapitated cannibal ! ! ! :cool:

nrc
04-07-05, 01:16 PM
It was wicked seeing Frodo...
Added a spoiler warning to the thread.

indyfan31
04-07-05, 02:10 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. It was either see a movie or go snowshoeing last Saturday. Luckily, I won and we went to the movies.

It was wicked seeing Frodo the nine-fingered turn into Frodo the dismembered, decapitated cannibal ! ! ! :cool:

... I'll never look at Rory Gilmore the same again.

rabbit
04-07-05, 02:15 PM
Spoilers!? Great, now I can't even read a thread I started until I see the movie. :saywhat:

oddlycalm
04-07-05, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't totally pass on any Robert Rodriguez film, even the spy kiddie flicks that he's made a mondo fortune on. Well worth a spin from Netflix due to his doing everything from directing to editing to the music. Most of his scripts he writes as well. This guy makes a film for less that half what the major studios would. Clive Owen mentioned that he was told "Sin City" cost less than $40 million to make, and his scenes took under two weeks to shoot. :eek:

He even does his own cooking. Anyone else try the Puerca Pibil recipe he demonstrated on "Once Upon A Time In Mexico"? Some of the best cooked pig I've ever had, and it'll feed 20 people in style for $15. :thumbup:

Now, if we could only talk Rodriquez into having El Mariachi talk to TG by hand... :cool:

oc

lone_groover
04-07-05, 02:50 PM
OC, did you read REBEL WITHOUT A CREW ?

I'm to sophisticated for any of Rodriguez' recent stuff, but I love the kid's ingenuity and passion.

:thumbup:

racer2c
04-07-05, 02:56 PM
... I'll never look at Rory Gilmore the same again.

Rory is in that movie?!?! I gotta see that!

Wait, I think I just outed myself as a closet Gilmore Girls fan. But the dialog is so witty!! :(

G.
04-07-05, 03:26 PM

Wait, I think I just outed myself as a closet Gilmore Girls fan. But the dialog is so witty!! :(You prolly own a cat.

:p

racer2c
04-07-05, 03:28 PM
You prolly own a cat.

:p

Technically it's my wifes. :(

oddlycalm
04-07-05, 04:00 PM
OC, did you read REBEL WITHOUT A CREW ?

I'm to sophisticated for any of Rodriguez' recent stuff, but I love the kid's ingenuity and passion.:thumbup: I didn't read the book, but I know most of the story. IMO, none of his films I've seen are truly "great" but many were entertaining. I have a lot of respect for what he's done, and his business model is allowing him to make serious money every time out in a business that has historically had a lot of boom/bust cycles for even the most successful players.

oc

indyfan31
04-07-05, 04:15 PM

Wait, I think I just outed myself as a closet Gilmore Girls fan. But the dialog is so witty!! :(

Damn, I just realized I did the same thing. Good thing I'm allergic to cats.
I don't care, Lorelai is one fabulous babe, and Paris is a hoot. :D

But back to the movie, I can't wait, I loved the look of Sky Captain and this looks awsome in the trailers.

RHR_Fan
04-07-05, 05:59 PM
I didn't think the movie was horrible, it's just not my kind of movie. I thought the colorization (is that a word?) was awesome. And Elijah Wood creeped me out!

And thanks for the belated birthday wish.

~Nicole

skaven
04-08-05, 10:40 AM
Spoilers!? Great, now I can't even read a thread I started until I see the movie. :saywhat:

Sorry... :o

I guess I should think twife, free times before I post. The irony is that I never read the endless threads about spoilers, thinking that'd never be me. :gomer:

skaven
04-08-05, 10:41 AM
... and happy belated birfday to RHR. :)