PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Fed Ex CART die cast.

Paintergeek
04-06-05, 07:06 PM
I know they made em, But cant find em. I search Ebay occasionally, but have only seen one in a long time, and I didnt win it. It was purple and orange and black.

Michaelhatesfans
04-06-05, 07:22 PM
I know the one, but I haven't seen it for a while, despite my geeky diecast web searches.

RichK
04-06-05, 07:40 PM
For those "new" to Champcars: Paintergeek painted the ACTUAL FedEx Champcar, as well as many others. :thumbup:

Paintergeek
04-06-05, 08:02 PM
For those "new" to Champcars: Paintergeek painted the ACTUAL FedEx Champcar, as well as many others. :thumbup:

Shhhhhh...I try to keep a low profile these days ;) There was some trouble in '99 that showed me how many people actually read these forums. You'd be surprised. (that was the 7G days).

But yes, I did do that car and have always wanted the diecast version.

http://www.fordfalcons.com/paintergeek/images/ME_fedex.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
04-06-05, 08:05 PM
There was some trouble in '99 that showed me how many people actually read these forums. You'd be surprised. (that was the 7G days).

Yep. I recieved an angry e-mail from an Atlantics driver once over a rumor I had posted on 7G and had to retract it. Nowadays I can insult everyone in the open wheel community on a daily basis here and still can't draw a response from anyone important. :D

Paintergeek
04-06-05, 08:12 PM
Yep. I recieved an angry e-mail from an Atlantics driver once over a rumor I had posted on 7G and had to retract it. Nowadays I can insult everyone in the open wheel community on a daily basis here and still can't draw a response from anyone important. :D

I didnt get an e-mail......I got an intercom page (paige?) to 'come to my office', and got a thorough ass reaming over a post I made referring to a sponsor deal that I THOUGHT was already a known fact, but apparantly was not. I had to log in through work and delete it. Lesson learned. I try to stick to the 'off topic' forums now. So which driver was it ;)

dando
04-06-05, 08:45 PM
I know they made em, But cant find em. I search Ebay occasionally, but have only seen one in a long time, and I didnt win it. It was purple and orange and black.
Painter, you may want to setup a saved search, and have eBay alert you when one goes up for auction. That was one sweet design and paint job. :thumbup:

-Kevin

rosawendel
04-06-05, 09:07 PM
i have a 1:43 of the racecar that i got at mid-ohio about 5 years ago. i also have a 1:43 transporter that i got at replicarz.
car was 13 bucks. truck was a hundred.

Paintergeek
04-06-05, 09:20 PM
Painter, you may want to setup a saved search, and have eBay alert you when one goes up for auction. That was one sweet design and paint job. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Wasnt my design, But I got the thrill (insert sarcasm here) to make it real. Major P.I.T.A. I didnt do a saved search because too much stuff pops up with the words Fedex and Car. Too hard to narrow it down. but ill keep my eyes open there for sure.