PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rainier

Jervis Tetch 1
04-06-05, 04:12 PM
I'm sort of surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but with Prince Rainier's death today (4-6) do you think we're going to see some changes at Monaco concerning the race?

There's long been talk of not running it as they say the cars have outgrown the circuit, but I don't believe that's true.

Prince Albert seems to be a racing fan, but I still can't help but wonder.

Also, I think that like Bahrain, they'll forego the champagne celebration in honor of the good Prince.

Any thoughts?

BTW, RIP Prince Rainier. You were a great fan of the sport I love and I hope you're reunited with your Princess.

mueber
04-06-05, 05:22 PM
I can’t imagine this will cause any noticeable changes. Monaco is still the most desirable win on the calendar, and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

RichK
04-06-05, 05:34 PM
I don't think Prince Albert will can the race. ;)

fourrunner
04-06-05, 05:39 PM
I think the Family pretty much runs the show over there!

Prince Albert is pretty with it, and he's the boss now ... He was on the Monaco Bobsled Team a few years ago as I recall.

The Royal Family, The Race & Gambling are the star features of the Principality

Tourism is there Bread & Butter

Can't see it changing ... Plus all those Drivers escape high Taxes there!! ;)

indyfan31
04-06-05, 07:33 PM

Oh man, I'm back in grammar school! :)

(btw, that was NOT funny dude. Really, it wasn't! ;) )

Sean O'Gorman
04-06-05, 08:08 PM
Thank you for beating me to the punch, Rich, because if I made a Prince Albert in a can joke it probably would've sucked. :D

lone_groover
04-06-05, 09:31 PM

Yuk² :) :thumbup:

Shouldn't you show some respect for Prince Albert's dad, that dirty old man who croaked?

:cry:

Anteater
04-06-05, 11:12 PM
I didn't know that Prince Rainier had passed away (although I'm not surprised to hear it). Thoughts and prayers for the family. :(

When is Monaco, anyway?

stroker
04-06-05, 11:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, is Monaco part of the EU?