PDA

View Full Version : Race Director

KLang
04-05-05, 02:53 PM
Just signed on to make sure I still could. They have changed the look a bit.
Check out the new Live Dashboard link. :thumbup: Very cool. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.

skaven
04-06-05, 06:08 PM
With my Inner Circle membership, I'm supposed to get $5 off, eh?

However, running through the renewal for the annual subscription for Race Director, I don't see that option.

Any suggestions on how to register for Race Director and save the $5. :confused:

I obviously need to get this resolved by Friday. Need my fix bad. Help ! ! !

trish
04-06-05, 06:15 PM
With my Inner Circle membership, I'm supposed to get $5 off, eh?

However, running through the renewal for the annual subscription for Race Director, I don't see that option.

Any suggestions on how to register for Race Director and save the $5. :confused:

I obviously need to get this resolved by Friday. Need my fix bad. Help ! ! !
I think you are supposed to click through a link in an email they would have sent you.

KLang
04-06-05, 06:16 PM
I think you are supposed to click through a link in an email they would have sent you.

Yep, Skaven, check your PMs.

skaven
04-06-05, 06:31 PM
Yep, Skaven, check your PMs.

Sweet. Thanks. I'm $24.95 poorer, but inestimably richer. :thumbup:

G.
04-06-05, 06:45 PM
Can you use RD with dialup?

If you read my pathetic drunk post on Community, you will see that I have finally got with the times. The '90's, that is.

High speed is limited in my area, unless you bend over to the cable darkside. I'm too far from the switch for DSL, but will look into microwave (from a nearby water tower).

nrc
04-06-05, 06:50 PM
Can you use RD with dialup?

I'm sure it would work for the live timing, but I imagine the video would be pretty bad.

racer2c
04-06-05, 08:11 PM
I'm sure it would work for the live timing, but I imagine the video would be pretty bad.

I watched the 'commercial' stream from CCWS and it was incredibly choppy. My download speed via cable is supah fahst too.

nrc
04-06-05, 08:15 PM
I watched the 'commercial' stream from CCWS and it was incredibly choppy. My download speed via cable is supah fahst too.
Video streams have been rock solid for me on Road Runner.

TravelGal
04-07-05, 10:47 AM
Video streams have been rock solid for me on Road Runner.

Me too, boss. I love my Road Runner. Beep beep!

I think the dial up option konks out pretty often. Too much data makes for too much buffering but I don't do it so I'm just repeating what others have said. Might be different in your area. It would cost an extra $5 but you might try it for the first month (i.e, Long Beach) and then cancel if it doesn't work.

This thread made me stop to think how much I've invested in ChampCar besides just the $24.95. It's the reason we changed to digital cable, for one thing. A couple of years back when the races were one Speed.