PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper

Wheel-Nut
04-05-05, 12:54 PM
Does anyone here watch American Chopper? Did you catch last nights episode, Catapillar Bike #1?

What the hell was Sr. thinking when he decided to destroy that H2 in the snow?

Gnam
04-05-05, 01:26 PM
It's like Vinne says, they're the best destructors.

racer2c
04-05-05, 04:36 PM
I saw it. I didn't see much (if any) damage though.

stroker
04-05-05, 04:50 PM
You better not be talking about a KAWASAKI H2...

:flame:

Wheel-Nut
04-05-05, 05:14 PM
I saw it. I didn't see much (if any) damage though.

It looked like the whole front end had a new upward slant to it.

Wheel-Nut
04-05-05, 05:15 PM
You better not be talking about a KAWASAKI H2...

:flame:

No, it was a wannabe Hummer

devilmaster
04-05-05, 10:34 PM
As its Tuesday, Discovery Canada shows the double bill of Chopper and HotRod.

The episodes up here are a few weeks behind the shows across the border.

Tonite was the final episode of the web bike on Chopper and the Woody on HotRod where Charlie leaves for Foose.

I like both shows for different reasons.

Chopper focuses more on the bikes, while showing the work to get it there, and the relationship between the boys.

HotRod I watch to keep reminding myself, of how not to run a business. Its obvious that we see what the TV crew wants us to see, but honestly, Boyd's reputation will worsen from this show....

Steve

racer2c
04-05-05, 10:40 PM
I'm really getting into biker build off lately. I watched every episode last season and watched the award show this past weekend.

racer2c
04-05-05, 10:42 PM
HotRod I watch to keep reminding myself, how not to run a business. Its obvious that we see what the TV crew [i]wants[/] us to see, but honestly, Boyd's reputation will worsen from this show....

Steve

I don't know. I thought the same thing about Boyd. then I was watching Barret Jackson a few weeks ago and one of Boyds cars, the deco dodge with the Viper V10 engine sold for something like $500K.

devilmaster
04-05-05, 10:50 PM
I don't know. I thought the same thing about Boyd. then I was watching Barret Jackson a few weeks ago and one of Boyds cars, the deco dodge with the Viper V10 engine sold for something like $500K.

Hey, if he's lucky, his name will carry him through how the show portrays him or how he actually runs his business....

The other thing is, seeing how some of those guys build boyd cars, (if I could) would I pay that much? nope.

Steve

racer2c
04-05-05, 10:54 PM
Hey, if he's lucky, his name will carry him through how the show portrays him or how he actually runs his business....

The other thing is, seeing how some of those guys build boyd cars, (if I could) would I pay that much? nope.

Steve

I think the same thing too when watching these shows. But, like you mentioned, I wonder how much of that is TV editing. Look at the Tuttles. It's amazing that they can even dress themselves, but they put out some decent theme bikes (even if the west coast builders mock them).

Bikes are hot hot hot. Even in my little 'burg, there are three custom chopper shops with shop front lobbies with display bikes that are to die for.

devilmaster
04-05-05, 11:01 PM
Wow. I just watched the Charlie goodbye.... :eek:

I have just lost about any respect I had for Boyd... You can't give a handshake at the end of the day?

unbelievable. :shakehead

racer2c
04-05-05, 11:03 PM
Wow. I just watched the Charlie goodbye.... :eek:

I have just lost about any respect I had for Boyd... You can't give a handshake at the end of the day?

unbelievable. :shakehead

I haven't seen that one. But I like the one where he fired BooBear or whatever his name was.

Sean O'Gorman
04-05-05, 11:22 PM
I like Overhaulin cuz Courtney is hot. :)

trauma1
04-06-05, 07:59 AM
Boyd is a 1st class a hole, he's lucky some ex employee that got shafted doesn't sue his ass, employers who run thier buisness through indimitatiion loss in the long run, no wonder Foss left him and he carries grudges he lost his best workers and his shop foreman is a dick head

JT265
04-06-05, 09:14 AM
I got as far as "hummer in the snow" and lost all train of thought.

<sorry> :o

Wheel-Nut
04-06-05, 10:02 AM
As its Tuesday, Discovery Canada shows the double bill of Chopper and HotRod.

The episodes up here are a few weeks behind the shows across the border.

Wow, y'all are behind. does the cold slow the transmissions of the shows? Just wait, Charley isn't the only one who leaves, and then there is the whole Corvette build, one to see!

BTW, Foose won the Riddler award with Charley spraying the paint.

Wheel-Nut
04-06-05, 10:03 AM

Thats funny JT but I have to ask. Is a hummer in the snow a good thing? :rofl:

anait
04-06-05, 10:11 AM

:rofl:

We watch American Chopper when we remember...that family is nuts. :D

Enjoy Overhauling, too. Foose is amazing, and seems to be a really decent guy. Hmm...wonder if I could get them to steal mr anait's yellow 250 Ford diesel...

lone_groover
04-06-05, 10:38 AM
Those American Chopper morons remind me of what some smartypants once wrote about that ultimate american kitsch icon, the statue of liberty: "It even lights up!"

:)

racer2c
04-06-05, 10:49 AM
Those American Chopper morons remind me of what some smartypants once wrote about that ultimate american kitsch icon, the statue of liberty: "It even lights up!"

:)

But it does. :confused: ;)

Dvdb
04-06-05, 11:03 AM
Is there a bad hummer? :)

lone_groover
04-06-05, 11:07 AM
Is there a bad hummer? :)

Does the name Debralee Scott mean anything to you?

:gomer:

devilmaster
04-06-05, 11:33 AM
Wow, y'all are behind. does the cold slow the transmissions of the shows? Just wait, Charley isn't the only one who leaves, and then there is the whole Corvette build, one to see!

BTW, Foose won the Riddler award with Charley spraying the paint.

I knew about the Riddler, and if unknown posters at Discovery.com are to be believed, Charley works freelance now.

I will have to wait for the Corvette, since they said they'll be replaying the CrazyHorse Mustang build again on the series next week.... :mad:

Gnam
04-06-05, 11:51 AM
I knew about the Riddler, and if unknown posters at Discovery.com are to be believed, Charley works freelance now.
I heard Charlie was working with Steve Moal out of his Oakland, CA shop.
The Moal (http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/rides/episode/episode_08.html)
The best part of Boyd's shop is his angry ex-wife who's still works there as his book keeper, right along side Boyd's new, younger wife. What a dumbass. :laugh:

trauma1
04-06-05, 12:06 PM
charlie went to Foss that's why Boyd was pissed off, beetle left with charlie to go to Foss also, boyd is a stupid a hole same with his bibmo wife

RichK
04-06-05, 12:11 PM
I enjoy both shows, but would NEVER buy a bike or car from either shop after seeing what goes on!

Paulie: "We can't figure out why the rear wheel won't spin." :laugh:

American Hot Rod can be painful to watch, especially if you've already had a hard day at work. What a horrible working atmosphere!

JT265
04-06-05, 01:48 PM
Does the name Debralee Scott mean anything to you?

:gomer:

As usual, my man groover nails it. Bad? Naw, that would only be wonderful :rofl: :rofl: