PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car Adds Former NFL Marketing Director

racer2c
04-05-05, 09:24 AM
“I'm thrilled to be joining Champ Car at such an exciting time in its development,” Wilson said. “Strong U.S. heritage, international and domestic appeal, and a global business plan make Champ Car a compelling property with tremendous potential for business and fan growth. I look forward to helping align our business interests and being part of moving the organization to the next level.”

Wilson, a 1989 graduate of Kenyon College, most recently served as Managing Director in charge of expanding the presence of the League throughout the region from 2001-2004.

Under his leadership, the league enjoyed unprecedented success with a number of multinational entities entering partnerships with the league. Most recently, Wilson was heavily involved in the effort that will result in the NFL staging a regular-season in Mexico for the first time when Arizona and San Francisco play in October of 2005.

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/16062/)

pchall
04-05-05, 11:59 AM
At least he's not a Bowling Green graduate. BGSU is the Ohio equivalent of Indiana State...

I wonder how a foorball marketing guy winds up with Champcar?

Spicoli
04-05-05, 12:09 PM
I wonder how a foorball marketing guy winds up with Champcar?

Because he's been with a successful sanctioning body, representing the most popular sport in America, has sponsor and media contacts, a proven track record in NAFTA markets, and isn't tainted and recycled like everyone else at CCWS and .1RL.

:D

just a hunch.

pchall
04-05-05, 01:55 PM

just a hunch.

Gee, and here I was thinking that he might be some non-gomer job buyer from a furrin' place that must be Japanese -- like Ohiyo. :p

Sean O'Gorman
04-05-05, 03:29 PM
Because he's been with a successful sanctioning body, representing the most popular sport in America, has sponsor and media contacts, a proven track record in NAFTA markets, and isn't tainted and recycled like everyone else at CCWS and .1RL.

just a hunch.

:thumbup:

This can only be good, lets just hope he is given a decent product to work with. :cool:

rabbit
04-05-05, 03:45 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't get into race control.

"We're going to show the black flag to the Blue 42! Blue 42! Hutt!"

I know, lame. :gomer: :rolleyes:

Spicoli
04-05-05, 05:50 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't get into race control.

"We're going to show the black flag to the Blue 42! Blue 42! Hutt!"

I know, lame. :gomer: :rolleyes:

Yes.

Sean O'Gorman
04-05-05, 06:26 PM
http://www.awesomo.net/gallery/images/Xbone_Images/awesomo.gif

LAME