PDA

View Full Version : Red Hats, white hats, and a pic is worth 1000 words

Spicoli
04-04-05, 03:55 PM
http://img162.exs.cx/img162/2158/marblorofreebies3zn.jpg

http://img160.exs.cx/img160/9893/marlborostpete1sd.jpg

How does the .1RL spell Success? m-a-r-l-b-o-r-o.

Can you make out the white hat freebies too? ;)

:rofl:

JT265
04-04-05, 03:56 PM
Can you make out the white hat freebies too?

Sure. What color hats are they wearing? :gomer:

Turn7
04-04-05, 04:01 PM
The white hats must be for the Light fans. They only got Sunday freebies instead of the red Full Fans that got comped 3 day passes.

It's the gomer cast system.

racer2c
04-04-05, 04:01 PM
Damn, makes you wonder if anybody paid?

Great shots Spicoli!

Spicoli
04-04-05, 04:04 PM
Damn, makes you wonder if anybody paid?

Great shots Spicoli!

AR1 has a spyplane. We have a spy skateboard!

:D

low budgie, but money left over for beers. lotsa beers.

racer2c
04-04-05, 04:09 PM
I'm diggin' the chick in red. You can tell she's not an IRL fan also by the confused look on her face.

Turn7
04-04-05, 04:09 PM
Why is Patreek in the stands?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Turn7/marblorofreebies3zn1.jpg

lone_groover
04-04-05, 04:13 PM
Keen eye, dude.....and don't that look like BIf# up on top with the headset?

:)

racer2c
04-04-05, 04:15 PM
Keen eye, dude.....and don't that look like BIf# up on top with the headset?

:)

I thought Bif was the guy up top with the half white half tan arm sportin' the short sleeve denim shirt. :)

Spicoli
04-04-05, 04:22 PM
..there are many versionsa of BiF. He has stunt doubles too....or so i am told.

SteveH
04-04-05, 04:49 PM
I thought Bif was the guy up top with the half white half tan arm sportin' the short sleeve denim shirt. :)

man, nothing says gomer like that :gomer:

BTW - I read there were no scalpers arrested. Makes sense now.

dando
04-04-05, 04:49 PM
Looks like a BiF family reunion to me. :gomer:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
04-04-05, 04:50 PM
Then there's the guy with no shirt on, "wheres lil E?"

DagoFast
04-04-05, 04:53 PM
I thought Bif only wore one of them hats with beer cans attached to each side with a drink tube comming down. Another illusion shot to hell. :shakehead

oddlycalm
04-04-05, 04:56 PM
Damn, makes you wonder if anybody paid? Yeah, Marlboro paid. No Marlboro and you have Marlo Klain's wedding party again. As nervous as Penske has been with the re-dewdification chuckles, my guess is that no Marlboro is already on someone's dance card.

oc

DagoFast
04-04-05, 04:58 PM
Why is Patreek in the stands?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/Turn7/marblorofreebies3zn1.jpg

Same reason Fadrian is. Filler. 3rd row up, towards the right. Black shirt, no hat. Couple of people between him and the hot chick in red. (good eye r2c)

dando
04-04-05, 04:58 PM
my guess is that no Marlboro is already on someone's dance card.
They're done after next season anyway. It's just a matter of time....FRP!

-Kevin

DagoFast
04-04-05, 05:01 PM
Can you make out the white hat freebies too? ;)

Umm, "Visit Colombia"?

NismoZ
04-04-05, 05:22 PM
No way that's Bif. Not if that woman in black with the headset is with him!

Andrew Longman
04-04-05, 06:35 PM
This isn't a reprisal of that whole Racer Photoshop thing is it? :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-04-05, 08:30 PM
Then there's the guy with no shirt on, "wheres lil E?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sundaydriver2
04-05-05, 11:02 AM
I wonder how much money Fonda/AGR lost on this race.

:laugh:

shjfan
04-05-05, 08:01 PM
Just as a quick note for those that may not know, but Marlboro gives these hats out to anyone at the race that takes a quick smoking survey. The lines at these tents are always big. My three family members and I took the survey and received the hat at Miami and wear them to every race, yet we have not been given free tickets to any race.

Not to say that tickets are not given out free, but I would imagine a lot of the fans are wearing hats that they have just acquired.

nrc
04-05-05, 08:05 PM
Just as a quick note for those that may not know, but Marlboro gives these hats out to anyone at the race that takes a quick smoking survey.
Do they also give out identical credential holders?

rabbit
04-05-05, 08:16 PM
Stefan Harold Johansson?

Spicoli
04-05-05, 10:39 PM
Just as a quick note for those that may not know, but Marlboro gives these hats out to anyone at the race that takes a quick smoking survey. The lines at these tents are always big. My three family members and I took the survey and received the hat at Miami and wear them to every race, yet we have not been given free tickets to any race.

Not to say that tickets are not given out free, but I would imagine a lot of the fans are wearing hats that they have just acquired.

:shakehead

DagoFast
04-05-05, 11:09 PM
Stefan Harold Johansson?

Shiggy Hattori Jiggy wit it Fan?

Railbird
04-06-05, 06:18 AM
but Marlboro gives these hats out to anyone at the race that takes a quick smoking survey.

Oh really?

I've never been to a race before, please tell me more.

Does part of the fun of a real racing weekend include standing in long lines for a $2 hat?

Amplify my adrenaline baby!

Racewriter
04-06-05, 11:35 AM
Don't kid yourself. Marlboro gives out mucho freebies. In fact, it's a major headache for the ISC tracks that have "track pack" ticketing.

JoeBob
04-06-05, 12:08 PM
If you've ever filled out one of their surveys, and you live within 3 hours of an event Marlboro has decided to "Support" you will get free ticket offers in the mail.

It has been that way for years. Many explained CART's attendance drop at Michigan by pointing out that Marlboro moved their "support" from the Michigan race to the Fontana race.

There was also a deal at St. Pete where the first few thousand fans to show up on race day with General Admission tickets got free upgrades to Grandstand Seats "courtesy of Firestone."

Brickman
04-07-05, 03:46 PM
If you've ever filled out one of their surveys, and you live within 3 hours of an event Marlboro has decided to "Support" you will get free ticket offers in the mail.

It has been that way for years. Many explained CART's attendance drop at Michigan by pointing out that Marlboro moved their "support" from the Michigan race to the Fontana race.

There was also a deal at St. Pete where the first few thousand fans to show up on race day with General Admission tickets got free upgrades to Grandstand Seats "courtesy of Firestone."

I picked up a free hat at Fontana, signed up, said I was a smoker. There were no lines at Phoenix, hell there wasn't even a person signing up when I walked past. But with Florida I'm guessing the majority of those "red hats" are from first time Marlboro signups (yes you get a red hat). Per Mapquest St. Pete is 4 hours, 29 minutes or 284 miles away, so they shouldn't be fans from IRL races at Homestead.

Ziggy
04-07-05, 06:52 PM
As someone who went to a dozen Michigan "500's", (and filled out Marlboro stuff as that's the brand I smoke) I never, ever, ever got free tickets to the Michigan 500. My buddies in Michigan, inside the radius you mentioned, never got any either.

Only "Free" tickets I ever got at Michigan was standing in line for the '93 version and Robin Miller gave me four that belonged to Dan Lukenbill who at that time worked in PR at Penske's. (those were killer seats)

racer2c
04-07-05, 07:02 PM
The only free ticket deal that I've seen with my own eyes was for the first IRL race in Richmond. A local grocery store was giving them away.

I've gotten many a hat from filling out forms at races. But I never sat in a section where 90% had the same red hat and lanyards. I do remember that Marlboro would reserve a whole section just for it's contest ticket winners. They did this at MIS, and Nazereth, maybe Fontana but I've never been to that race. I think they used to reserve a section for employees too at MIS.

RTKar
04-07-05, 07:06 PM
As someone who went to a dozen Michigan "500's", (and filled out Marlboro stuff as that's the brand I smoke) I never, ever, ever got free tickets to the Michigan 500. My buddies in Michigan, inside the radius you mentioned, never got any either.

Only "Free" tickets I ever got at Michigan was standing in line for the '93 version and Robin Miller gave me four that belonged to Dan Lukenbill who at that time worked in PR at Penske's. (those were killer seats)

Top row or the next one down under the press box at the start finish...in priceless shade? Tracy's family & friends used to sit their. Somehow my friends and I were hooked up with seats there and we didn't have to smoke or like Penske.

Hot Rod Otis
04-07-05, 09:47 PM
I went to 7 CART races @ MIS, filled out all the Marlboro crap, (I lied, I quit smoking in 87) and all I got was an crappy Emmo poster and chintzy lighter.

DagoFast
04-08-05, 12:01 AM
My .02. I got my free red hat in '89. Still have it. Emmo drove for Patrick then. Later, after Emmo and Marlboro defected to Pimpski, I got an offer in the mail from Marlboro, around '92 or so. I already had my tic's to Phx, but my bro flew in and he and another friend stood in a line to get the free tics. They were the cheap $10. tickets for the hillside. Far cry from what they are handing out today. They took 'em and used them because the grandstand seats were all sold out on race morning.

Thank God Toeknee fixed it so anyone that hates to plan ahead can show up on a whim and still get a choice seat on raceday.

G.
04-08-05, 10:44 AM
Thank God Toeknee fixed it so anyone that hates to plan ahead can show up on a whim and still get a choice seat on raceday.That's what American-bred, oval-based racing is all about!

FTG fixed it real good.

Amanda B.'s Mom
04-10-05, 06:55 PM
WE received free tickets for the Milwaukee CART race from marlboro for years. All you had to do was submit the filled out form and you would receive the tickets. I think there were some for Road America at least one year as well.

Along with the tickets you could get a "gift bag" that included things like a disposible camera, ear plugs, etc.

I thought this stopped with the new tobacco laws. Guess not.