PDA

View Full Version : RM takes shots at IRL hypocrisy, but

Racing Truth
04-04-05, 12:59 PM
Says St. Pete a "step in the right direction." (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/16039/)

I would agree with him.

Chief
04-04-05, 01:28 PM
So, you agree they've taken a step BACK in the right direction? The EArL is is nothing but a Paxil-ized street whore. Miller knows it, and the true supporters of open wheel know it. FTG is a pathetic loser for what he did to open wheel, too bad that banner plane didn't drop leaflets too, exposing the sham. They'll never get a penny from me to support that "league" of phoney hypocrites, liars and snake oil salessmen.

dando
04-04-05, 01:36 PM
They'll never get a penny from me to support that "league" of phoney hypocrites, liars and snake oil salessmen.
Amen. I'll felt cheap watching that sham. Won't happen again. :mad:

-Kevin

Racing Truth
04-04-05, 01:52 PM
So, you agree they've taken a step BACK in the right direction? The EArL is is nothing but a Paxil-ized street whore. Miller knows it, and the true supporters of open wheel know it. FTG is a pathetic loser for what he did to open wheel, too bad that banner plane didn't drop leaflets too, exposing the sham. They'll never get a penny from me to support that "league" of phoney hypocrites, liars and snake oil salessmen.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but if the IRL will EVER work, they'll have to continue stealing from CC. That's my point.

racer2c
04-04-05, 01:58 PM

Sing it brotha :thumbup: !

RacinM3
04-04-05, 02:47 PM
My God, 10 years later and I'm still reading different versions of the same old crap.

I could have said everything that Miller said in that column in one short 4 word sentence.

It was about control.

Same thing I and others have said for the past 10 years.

Andrew Longman
04-04-05, 03:31 PM
RM is saying 30K in attendance.

Green in saying 70K

Some here are saying no one collected tickets.

I wonder what the truth is.

Stands did look full

sundaydriver2
04-04-05, 03:39 PM
The Gomers get MAYBE 50K for a three day event and they act like it's the most successful street race ever put on. GMAFB

:shakehead

I've seen some pictures of the race crowd where EVERYONE is either wearing a white/black or red hat. Thats called FREEBIES folks and none of those people paid to get in.

Once again the .1RL lies and spins this as some huge success when all they really did is alienate more of their true oval fans and cheapen their product.

When you charge zero for your product, that's what it's worth becomes.

:thumbup:

racer2c
04-04-05, 03:57 PM
RM is saying 30K in attendance.

Green in saying 70K

Some here are saying no one collected tickets.

I wonder what the truth is.

Stands did look full

I hate to get into the whole photo 'angle' debate, but last night on Wind tunnel they showed video from directly across from the start/finish line and there were obvious holes in the stands. Then they showed the same area but from down the track and the stands looked like they were packed in elbow to elbow.

So Robin claims a bit above 30K, well 40K was a good turn out at the little farm oval in bum-F Nazareth. 30K in the middle of a large city is embarrassing IMO.

The IRL and it's spin doctors are trying to make everyone forget about that embarassing fiasco in Pheonix as quckly as they can.

Sean O'Gorman
04-04-05, 05:42 PM
Did anyone see any advertising logos at the track that WEREN'T AGR sponsors?

Racing Truth
04-04-05, 05:56 PM
I hate to get into the whole photo 'angle' debate, but last night on Wind tunnel they showed video from directly across from the start/finish line and there were obvious holes in the stands. Then they showed the same area but from down the track and the stands looked like they were packed in elbow to elbow.

So Robin claims a bit above 30K, well 40K was a good turn out at the little farm oval in bum-F Nazareth. 30K in the middle of a large city is embarrassing IMO.

The IRL and it's spin doctors are trying to make everyone forget about that embarassing fiasco in Pheonix as quckly as they can.

True, but I don't think Champcar drew noticeably more in '03 either.

Look, it went off better than I would have thought, but it ain't the Second Coming.