PDA

View Full Version : was the "most users online 195" a planned event??

Paintergeek
04-03-05, 11:06 PM
I noticed the bottom of the screen says "The most users ever onine was 195 set at.............blah blah blah".

Was this a scheduled plan to set a high number, or did that just happen?

racer2c
04-03-05, 11:07 PM
CART bankruptcy day. ;)

nrc
04-03-05, 11:19 PM
Alas, no. The current "most users ever online" was from a swarm of spiders from some stupid new search engine. Not sure why it happened and I forget what the most users before that was. Maybe I can dig that up.

I do think bankruptcy day was the previous high.

racer2c
04-03-05, 11:21 PM
Alas, no. The current "most users ever online" was from a swarm of spiders from some stupid new search engine. Not sure why it happened and I forget what the most users before that was. Maybe I can dig that up.

I do think bankruptcy day was the previous high.
Yeah, the court day was in January.

Lizzerd
04-04-05, 01:33 AM
I remember somebody saying it was shortly after a link to a thread here showed up on another enthusiast's forum. An import tuner forum, or something like that.

Oh yeah, welcome back, 'geek.

Napoleon
04-04-05, 05:56 AM
I wondered about the 195.

nrc
04-04-05, 08:48 AM
I remember somebody saying it was shortly after a link to a thread here showed up on another enthusiast's forum. An import tuner forum, or something like that.

Oh yeah, welcome back, 'geek.

Yeah, I think that's right. Someone posted some pics of a car hauler full of classic Porsches that got hit by a train. That ended up getting linked in a bunch of other places so on top of a lot of people visiting the site we had a ton of spiders from a place called "JetEye" hitting the page.

devilmaster
04-04-05, 12:04 PM
IIRC, 168 pops into my mind for the total of people that were here when the bankruptcy court was on.

I could be wrong though....