PDA

View Full Version : New Graphics???

Racing Truth
04-03-05, 07:25 PM
Just slight differences with smilies and such. When did the change happen?

racer2c
04-03-05, 07:30 PM
the smilies are a nice change, but the 'Post Reply' button needs its edges turned black. ;)

dando
04-03-05, 07:33 PM
Just slight differences with smilies and such. When did the change happen?
Overnight. Some of the smilies haven't been updated, so it's a bit of an odd mix. :confused:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-03-05, 07:52 PM
Sorry, but I think the new smilies suck.

The same ones showed up at the MR2 forum a few weeks back and I hated them there too. The rolleyes guy isn't even rolling his eyes!

Racing Truth
04-03-05, 07:54 PM
Sorry, but I think the new smilies suck.

The same ones showed up at the MR2 forum a few weeks back and I hated them there too. The rolleyes guy isn't even rolling his eyes!

The light blue and pink strike me as well... weird.

The tongue doesn't have nearly the effect the old one did.

IMHO.

Ankf00
04-03-05, 08:19 PM
old smilies rule, new smilies are aggy

nrc
04-03-05, 09:42 PM
I did a version update last night in the wee hours. The main intent was to try to protect us from the kind of script kiddies who were probably behind the CW attack. There were some known vulnerabilities in the old version. I meant to post a call for feedback but I was too tired by the time it was done.

The update over-wrote some of the graphics. I didn't notice the new smilies because I had the old ones cached. I'll put the old ones back.

When I did the update, I also added a new chat client, vBXirc. It's now on the top menu bar. It takes you directly into chat with your forum handle as your nick. The old client is still available through the link at the bottom of the page.

Feedback on which client you prefer is welcome. Eventually the preferred client will be on top and the other will go away.

Railbird
04-03-05, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the effort Richard

nrc
04-03-05, 10:38 PM
You're welcome, 'bird. Computer geekdom is handy sometimes.

I've restored all the old smilies and all the old buttons. The new buttons looked like they were designed for idiots. I did keep the new "last post" and "first new post" icons since they look kind of like the Champ car caret. :thumbup:

CART T. Katz
04-03-05, 11:03 PM
as long as the chat can be accessed by irc through opera, it's all good :thumbup:

nrc
04-03-05, 11:12 PM
as long as the chat can be accessed by irc through opera, it's all good :thumbup:

You tell me. Does the applet work with Opera?

I'll probably add a page with IRC info to the chat dropdown later.

Found a glitch in the chat dropdown that's now fixed. Thanks FCYTravis.

Lizzerd
04-04-05, 01:29 AM
My feedback: When I've opened every post in a forum then return to the main page, the flag for that post is still green. It used to turn yellow after I've at least clicked on all of the post topics. Likewise the lights for each post. Used to be when I clicked on a post topic and returned to the forum, the light would be yellow. Now, it's still green too.

KLang
04-04-05, 06:53 AM
My feedback: When I've opened every post in a forum then return to the main page, the flag for that post is still green. It used to turn yellow after I've at least clicked on all of the post topics. Likewise the lights for each post. Used to be when I clicked on a post topic and returned to the forum, the light would be yellow. Now, it's still green too.

I've noticed the same thing. Was wondering if I had a broken cookie or something.

Racing Truth
04-04-05, 12:13 PM
Yay! Old smilies are back. :cool:

Props to nrc for all the work.

nrc
04-04-05, 05:18 PM

I saw that too. The forum sets a header that is supposed to prevent your browser from caching the page. For some reason it's not working right. I'll check on it.

nrc
04-04-05, 11:32 PM
The back button not refreshing the index should be fixed now as. They turned that off because Mozilla doesn't remember its position on the page when you force the reload. To me that's less annoying than not seeing which threads I've read when I hit back.

Ankf00
04-04-05, 11:44 PM
nrc is like, cool, n ****. yo.