PDA

View Full Version : Fabio now sponsored by Hollywood?

theunions
04-02-05, 04:56 PM
As implied by the presence of the logo (no brandname though) on his Nomex underwear during the preview show? I don't recall seeing it on the car during testing...

And if so, why would they be backing a non-Brazilian?

trish
04-02-05, 05:02 PM
What is Hollywood?

Turn7
04-02-05, 05:06 PM
smokes.

dando
04-02-05, 05:07 PM
What is Hollywood?
South American smokes. The sponsored Big Mo and Nunn's entries a few years back. Left C^RT to back Nunn in the .1RL for one season before exiting race sponsorship.

-Kevin

JohnnyQ
04-02-05, 05:26 PM
I guess it's better then putting " Thanks Dad" on the side of the car?

cameraman
04-03-05, 02:13 PM

It seems he spent a large part of the off-season marketing himself to potential sponsors. He was asking Champ Car front office people for advise. At least he was making an attempt unlike some other drivers.

Spicoli
04-03-05, 02:51 PM

Or Fabio. 'Member the "Jeemy Car"?
:rofl:

cart7
04-03-05, 08:27 PM
As implied by the presence of the logo (no brandname though) on his Nomex underwear during the preview show? I don't recall seeing it on the car during testing...

I wouldn't bitch. Any new sponsorship is a good thing even if it's on a backmarkers underwear. ;)

theunions
04-03-05, 09:18 PM
I wasn't bitching. And I'm still awaiting verification that this does amount to "new sponsorship."

Now, if I were to say that if Hollywood were to be ride-buying for someone, I'd still prefer that someone to be Luis Garcia Jr. over Fabio...THAT would be bitching. :gomer:

JohnnyQ
04-03-05, 09:48 PM

I wonder if he's wearing Gugemins hand me downs?

Rogue Leader
04-04-05, 12:10 AM
Realize that they are a cigarette company... I seriously doubt that they will be buying into ChampCar, or any cigarette company would be for that matter....

lone_groover
04-04-05, 07:49 AM
They're only testing. The kid probably had some old nomex undies that were still good.

Waste not, want not.

Turn7
04-04-05, 09:18 AM
backmarkers underwear.

I got some of those. Wife hates washing them.
:o

Beevis
04-04-05, 09:47 AM
I also doubt they'd sponsor a driver who is under 21.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-04-05, 09:47 AM
Hollywood would be a welcome return IMO.

Except for Mo, they really haven't had much success winning races with the likes of Alex Ribeiro (Formula 1 70s), Tony Kanaan and Luiz Garcia Jr.

Pretty good lookin' cars though.

If it's true, this can only be a good thing and anything good in CC further raises the blood pressure of the crackheads at Crack Forum. :gomer: :p