PDA

View Full Version : R. Gordon Futility Thread: Bristol Edition

DaveL
04-01-05, 09:02 PM
No need to worry how many laps his Menard power plant would last before it blew up this week, Robbie did the big DNQ today qualifying 46th.

Word in the paddock according to my people is one of relief as many drivers expressed their concern that the parts flying out from under Robbie's car would pose an particular hazard in the short confines of Bristol.

Rogue Leader
04-02-05, 02:56 PM
Holy crap I've never seen an almost decent driver start their own team and have this bad luck!

JT265
04-02-05, 05:31 PM
Holy crap I've never seen an almost decent driver start their own team and have this bad luck!

Google: Foyt, Anthony Joseph Jr.

JoeBob
04-02-05, 05:43 PM

Well, there are RG's previous attempts at being a team owner. They went about as well as this is going.

Hot Rod Otis
04-02-05, 08:35 PM
Google: Foyt, Anthony Joseph Jr.

Also, Google: Prost, Alain + Ligier.

Fittipaldi, Emerson + Copersucar.

Racewriter
04-02-05, 11:39 PM
Fittipaldi, Emerson + Copersucar.

Not according to this month's Motor Sport. There's a big story on Copersucar, and Wilson Fittipaldi started it while Emmo was still with McLaren. Emerson came to drive in the team, and later manage it, after Wilson and Richard Davila got it off the ground.

According to the story, ownership in the team always belonged to Wilson and Davila. Just a bad career-management decision by Emerson.

Rogue Leader
04-03-05, 03:41 AM
I stand corrected :)