PDA

View Full Version : Pope not looking so good

Tifosi24
04-01-05, 02:13 AM
:( . I am heading to dead at about midnight my time and the last reports I have read are somewhat mixed, some saying he has had a heart attack and others not. If it is true that he has been given the "Final Communion", it is likely that I won't be awake if it all happens. No matter how you feel about him as a person or your beliefs, you can't help but respect him for all that he has accomplished. He is without a doubt one of the key figures who helped end communism and reached out to people all over the world. His Holiness will certainly been in my prayers.

Robstar
04-01-05, 02:26 AM
Poor old Pope (http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1274&storyid=2898623)

:(

CART T. Katz
04-01-05, 02:40 AM
he's not dead yet?

i don't mean this as a religious slam, as i am a heathen immoral atheist and i really don't want to offend anybody, but i thought that he was dead already. the way he has looked over the past, well, 21 years that i've been around he ain't been looking so hot. my roomie who is religious even wonders out loud if the pope is still alive, so its not just me saying that. props to him for sticking around a while longer, although in all seriousness, i think that the bleeding choir invisibyule is starting to warm up for a huge performance in the near future.

Riverside
04-01-05, 02:52 AM
Hey, even popes die.

He's headed to a better place anyway, well at least that's what they always say.

Methanolandbrats
04-01-05, 09:21 AM
:cry: Who will lead the army of pedophiles?

RusH
04-01-05, 10:29 AM

hmmm, tell us that tsunami joke again....gotta admit though, you got balls.

He has done many good things, if you believe in God or not.

Tifosi24
04-01-05, 11:12 AM
Clearly some people in here are too immature to discuss any sort of subject, so I have asked the moderators to kill the thread. You can joke all you want, but not in a thread that I started. It was started as a place for thoughtful commentary and reflection, not a place to make insensitive jokes.

Methanolandbrats
04-01-05, 11:17 AM
He has done a few good things. The question still remains
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/102/story_10276_1.html

CART T. Katz
04-01-05, 01:00 PM
i must admit, for the amout of good that the pope does, he needs to be heavily criticized for the ruining of lives for several thousand and possibly hundred thousands of young kids that were molested by the people that they should have the ultimate trust in. he deserves all the hell (no pun intended) that will come up from that issue.

Ankf00
04-01-05, 01:04 PM
hope he goes peacefully, he's been a good man for the most part.

Wheel-Nut
04-01-05, 01:11 PM
i must admit, for the amout of good that the pope does, he needs to be heavily criticized for the ruining of lives for several thousand and possibly hundred thousands of young kids that were molested by the people that they should have the ultimate trust in. he deserves all the hell (no pun intended) that will come up from that issue.

And with that statement WE should blame YOUR parents for ever having sex!! :mad:

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 01:29 PM
And on that note, IBTL

G.
04-01-05, 01:32 PM
i must admit, for the amout of good that the pope does, he needs to be heavily criticized for the ruining of lives for several thousand and possibly hundred thousands of young kids that were molested by the people that they should have the ultimate trust in. he deserves all the hell (no pun intended) that will come up from that issue.(post before this gets closed)

The abuse and coverup goes WWWAAAAAYYY back before this guy's reign. It was exposed under his watch.

CART T. Katz
04-01-05, 02:03 PM
And with that statement WE should blame YOUR parents for ever having sex!! :mad:

why? just because he perpetuated the covering up of sexual molestation doesn't mean that he gets into heaven with a completely clean slate. he should have exposed this when he first learned of it because it is impossible that no one in the vatican was aware of what went on. i submit to you that i think that the pope was aware of this since before i was born. don't get mad at me for not sharing the belief that the pope shouldn't be responsible for what happened. he is, afterall, the leader of the catholic church and the leader is responsible for the actions of those who operate under him.

a good man, yes. a saint? no.

lone_groover
04-01-05, 02:08 PM
I won't say anything. Since I have NOTHING good to say about the guy.

:)

spinner26
04-01-05, 02:19 PM
Satin is running amuck, I'm sure your parents are proud of you. :shakehead

lone_groover
04-01-05, 02:20 PM
Satin? I almost got squashed by a bolt of crushed velour!

WATCH OUT!!!!

;)

Michaelhatesfans
04-01-05, 02:24 PM
Oh, but I suppose if it were silk, that would be ok would it?

Michaelhatesfans
04-01-05, 02:40 PM
Well, I'll be - you can run in satin.

http://www.guna.de/eos/shop/guna/obj/img.d/kat.d/1.30/2833-SKOWd.jpg

Hey Groover, it sounds like your parents are well connected. Do you think they could get me a job at Adidas, as well?

lone_groover
04-01-05, 03:00 PM
Not me! I still wear the kinds of sneaks that come tied together with the little white string.

Michaelhatesfans
04-01-05, 03:02 PM
Old School! :thumbup:

spinner26
04-01-05, 03:05 PM
Cool, at least my lack of using spell check has taken away from the negativity.

Racing Truth
04-01-05, 03:36 PM
hope he goes peacefully, he's been a good man for the most part.

Indeed. Of course, he wasn't perfect, no one is. But his contributions outweigh his deficiencies, IMHO.

That said, at 84, his time has come.

Ankf00
04-01-05, 03:38 PM
Well, I'll be - you can run in satin.

http://www.guna.de/eos/shop/guna/obj/img.d/kat.d/1.30/2833-SKOWd.jpg

Hey Groover, it sounds like your parents are well connected. Do you think they could get me a job at Adidas, as well?

cool kicks, they'll go along with my summer shirts :cool:

also, his vehement stance on birth control and gays also leaves much to be "said", but this isn't the place. this man has done more good for the world than any pope before him. he has done more good for the world than any head of state during his lifetime, imo. let the man rest, sheesh.

drudge's dumbass was already reporting him dead, then when he's called on it says "the italians reported it, it's not my fault, i'm merely passing off the info" :rolleyes: what a tool.

Turn7
04-01-05, 03:54 PM
This is my opinion.

I am not Catholic but, I find the lack of respect shown for those who are is hideous.Religion is something that people hold much closer to their inner being than the preference of racing series. Don't make it a nanner-nanner your series sucks type thing out of this.

If you don't agree with a persons feelings for religion, just let it slide and go on elsewhere to make more light hearted comments.

Thanks for reading.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 04:01 PM
This is my opinion.

I am not Catholic but, I find the lack of respect shown for those who are is hideous.Religion is something that people hold much closer to their inner being than the preference of racing series. Don't make it a nanner-nanner your series sucks type thing out of this.

If you don't agree with a persons feelings for religion, just let it slide and go on elsewhere to make more light hearted comments.

Thanks for reading.

:thumbup:

Racing Truth
04-01-05, 04:03 PM
Thanks Turn7. :thumbup:

ilferrari
04-01-05, 04:06 PM
This is my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

In my opinion this pope is the best thing to happen to the papacy for a long time and though I am not a Christian I can think of better things to do at this time than make cynical cheapshots at him.

Methanolandbrats
04-01-05, 04:07 PM
Better watch my back at the track. I don't want to be captured by Papal Fan Boys with thumb screws.......or .......horror or horrors.......the rack!http://people.csail.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/tt7.jpg

rabbit
04-01-05, 04:20 PM
This is my opinion.

Thanks for reading.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

/not Catholic

Steve99
04-01-05, 04:31 PM
Statements like this make me wonder why I even come to this website. :shakehead

Racing Truth
04-01-05, 04:32 PM
Meth, you're just digging yourself a bigger hole here. :flame:

Ankf00
04-01-05, 04:38 PM
T7: :thumbup:

brat: smoke less meth

eiregosod
04-01-05, 04:39 PM
Karol has had a good innings. He was Time's man of the year in 1994.
Being Pope for 25 years is a long time. having to conduct papal duties while being extremely ill is a burden no one should undertake.

In the next few weeks It would be nice to have a Pope who can deliver his own sermons etc..remember the pope cannot make mistakes, but the man acting as pope can.

rabbit
04-01-05, 04:44 PM
Meth, sometimes it's best to just STFU.

DjDrOmusic
04-01-05, 04:46 PM
Thankyou Turn 7, I appreciate your resect for our Holy Father. As a Traditional Catholic, meaning I follow the Latin Rite, this is a very sad moment for me. Yes I have a sense of humor, but this is nothing to joke about, and as far as the sick priests who have brought about the pedophile crisis, they are not the only ones of religion who have ever done that. :flame:

eiregosod
04-01-05, 04:55 PM
Thankyou Turn 7, I appreciate your resect for our Holy Father. As a Traditional Catholic, meaning I follow the Latin Rite, this is a very sad moment for me. Yes I have a sense of humor, but this is nothing to joke about, and as far as the sick priests who have brought about the pedophile crisis, they are not the only ones of religion who have ever done that. :flame:

nrc
04-01-05, 05:00 PM
This thread was a bit of a sticky wicket. In general we try to avoid moderating for sensitivity or taste as long as people stay within the rest of the rules. A lot of people are here because they got tired of places that either had no boundaries or tried to be everyone's mommy (or both depending on the topic). It's a fine line to walk sometimes.

Some of you who are complaining would be on the other side of the fence if we wacked some of your insensitive remarks on other topics. If the original topic had just been "The Pope is gravely ill" we may have closed the thread or deleted posts as off topic. But part of the original post was a statement about how people should view the Pope and in all fairness I think you have to allow for people to disagree with that.

Maybe we should just treat religion in the same way as politics. It's a polarizing topic that is simply too divisive and complex to moderate.

Richard & Missy