PDA

View Full Version : CW got hacked

ncmlj
04-01-05, 12:06 AM
Just tried going to the site and it comes up Well, go look for yourself. :thumdown:

racer2c
04-01-05, 12:12 AM
what's the URL. I've never been there.

trish
04-01-05, 12:13 AM
Yep. I hope they can figure out who did it.

trish
04-01-05, 12:13 AM
what's the URL. I've never been there.
champcarfanatics.com

ncmlj
04-01-05, 12:14 AM
www.champcarfanatics.com

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 12:14 AM
Is The Stranger on suicide watch yet? :rofl:

Ruben Barrios
04-01-05, 12:15 AM
Who may be behind that hack?????? :flame:

trish
04-01-05, 12:16 AM
Who may be behind that hack?????? :flame:
Volcano

It also says ALC Devils Crew Air Force Section. Anybody know if that means anything?

racer2c
04-01-05, 12:18 AM
I'm guessing that's not what's it's supposed to look like? Weak security. Well, the hacker doesn't mention the IRL, but we all know that gomers can't hack their way out of a paper bag, let alone a website.

FCYTravis
04-01-05, 12:21 AM
Nah, doesn't mean anything, just skript kiddiez out for a lark and apparently CW didn't batten down the hatches.

RusH
04-01-05, 12:22 AM
Nah, doesn't mean anything, just skript kiddiez out for a lark and apparently CW didn't batten down the hatches.

Didn`t they collect enough money to prevent it?
:shakehead

Fried
04-01-05, 12:27 AM
yeah, just saw that...****in idiots... :shakehead

Kahauna Dreamer
04-01-05, 12:32 AM
Anyone else think it might be a April Fool's thing? :saywhat:

trish
04-01-05, 12:34 AM
I think it's a crime of some sort.

FCYTravis
Well, if it was an April Fools thing, one would think they'd have waited until April Fool's Day began on the East Coast... which isn't for another 26 minutes.

dando
Well, they got the hacked page down, but now the entire site is exposed. Oy! :shakehead Damn kids.... ;)

-Kevin

trish
04-01-05, 12:40 AM
Well, they got the hacked page down, but now the entire site is exposed. Oy! :shakehead Damn kids.... ;)

-Kevin
No, the hacked page is champcarfanatics.com and it's still there.

edit: And now it's not.

CART T. Katz
04-01-05, 12:42 AM
Is The Stranger on suicide watch yet? :rofl:

with the number of times he calls our room and my roomie (while he's eating btw) if he isn't i would be highly surprised.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 12:55 AM
Why does he have your phone number? :saywhat:

FRANKY
04-01-05, 12:55 AM
It says:

"!!! WarninG !!!

ThiS webSite has BeeN hacked By

VoLcaNo_hack

???......(((( AraB PiRateS ))))......???
...((( If we are LooKinG at U KeeP YoUr EyEs OpenEd)))...

LooK ****ed admin do not even try to back UR ****ing website 'cause i'll **** it again & again ^_^ Lovely isn't it ?!

.....((( HeLL RaiSer .:::. VoLcaNo ))).....
....((( ThanX madly to my bro 020)))...."

Opposite Lock
04-01-05, 01:27 AM

must be after everyone's recently awarded 500 betting credits. :gomer:

CART T. Katz
04-01-05, 01:38 AM
Why does he have your phone number? :saywhat:

he and my roomie (dan belcher) are friends through teh in-tar-web despite being on different coasts and never meeting each other face to face. the reason he has our room number is that it's cheaper for him to call us than it is for my roomie to call him through the dorm. from what i can tell, most conversations are from cell-to-cell where there is no charge i believe. and i'd say that he calls both numbers once or twice a day.

and as for them being ha><><0r3d and not us, well, it pays to be waaaaay behind number 1.

Clown
04-01-05, 02:11 AM
It says:

"!!! WarninG !!!

ThiS webSite has BeeN hacked By

VoLcaNo_hack

???......(((( AraB PiRateS ))))......???
...((( If we are LooKinG at U KeeP YoUr EyEs OpenEd)))...

LooK ****ed admin do not even try to back UR ****ing website 'cause i'll **** it again & again ^_^ Lovely isn't it ?!

.....((( HeLL RaiSer .:::. VoLcaNo ))).....
....((( ThanX madly to my bro 020)))...."LooKS liKE iT gOt hAcKed bY BIF
:laugh:

CART License
04-01-05, 02:51 AM
Related ? (http://www.bandsoc.com/modules.php?name=Forums)

mason
04-01-05, 02:53 AM
BIF? That son of a bitch? He's been sandbagging us and is in fact completely literate?

I don't believe it. He aint got the technology.

Kiwifan
04-01-05, 02:57 AM
I reckon as it's almost word for word. Wierd. :shakehead

Rusty.

Dr. Corkski
04-01-05, 04:01 AM
Related ? (http://www.bandsoc.com/modules.php?name=Forums)They ain't gonna be getting no paper cars. :rofl:

Dougrun
04-01-05, 04:04 AM
and thats why we have a backup

ccfanbackup.com

it works for all sites, including this one and any champcar site that wants to use it.. If a hacker cracks my site, so what. I restore it in a few hours. Hacking is really a pointless endevour. Get a life.

Robstar
04-01-05, 05:15 AM
Hacking is really a pointless endevour. Get a life.

Agreed...

Those hacking biatches are scared of how ugly/slow those things'll be around St. Pete's...

loki
04-01-05, 06:45 AM
If a hacker cracks my site, so what. I restore it in a few hours.

Backups are good for recovering lost data, but doesn't address the the exploit that gained them access to the box in the first place. It's possbile to have a bot trojan in during previous weeks or months, wait for your tape sched (or whatever one uses to backup) to rotate leaving you with full system backups that are corrupt as well. If you don't plug the hole they can leave a backdoor and get right back in easier than the first time. I'd guess this may be a URL or SQL insertion exploit. After I checked all the logs, that's where I'd start. I'll dig around and see what I can find

The server admin or support will have to go in and either reinstall a mirror of a known clean config to be sure they got it all or be damn sure they are certain of what the breach was and perhaps use some intrusion detection. In all fairness to Mark and Marisa, IIRC last year Mark and I had a brief email exchanged where he had indicated the service they had was a limited managed hosting deal and not something like a colo or other managed deal where they had root access to the box.

Security on a box exposed on the Internet is not a trivial thing. If M&M are out there ping me if you need some free help. I've got a considerable amount of experience in professional grade, mission critical commercial Web hosting and related technologies. I've cleaned up may share of rooted boxes. I have to do something to pay for the shifter kart... ;)

CW handle is the same.

JT265
04-01-05, 09:02 AM
yeah, just saw that...****in idiots... :shakehead

Indeed.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 09:11 AM
I take it this is one of the "bad" hackers who just does it for fun, rather than one of the "good" hackers who will mess up your site and then tell you how he exploited it so you can prevent it in the future.

Turn7
04-01-05, 10:26 AM

Now that's funny right there!

:rofl: :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
04-01-05, 12:44 PM
I want a refund,,,,,,,,,

trauma1
04-01-05, 02:19 PM
and they wonder why i'm not "green"

audi quattro
04-02-05, 02:47 PM
is there a back up website?

fourrunner
04-02-05, 02:57 PM
is there a back up website?

ccfanbackup.com

You can register, but it may take awhile for them to reply , since Dougrun is activating registration's on an individual basis

I registered about 2 hours ago and got an automated reply that registration was successful but that they would reply later by E-Mail that I could post

You CAN View the forum though

Thanks Dougrun for the service during the down time!!! :thumbup:

Turn7
04-02-05, 03:13 PM
No sense in me signing up there...I will probably be banned from that backup forum like I am from crapwagon.

Couldn't of happened to a better candidate as far as I am concearned. :thumbup: :D

Fitti Fan
04-02-05, 04:56 PM
They ain't gonna be getting no paper cars. :rofl:

That sounds like a threat!!!!! :rofl:

dando
04-02-05, 06:08 PM
is it just me, or are people getting a bit prissy around here lately? :gomer:

to fix this, vodka tonics for everyone!
It's called racing withdrawal, f00boy. :gomer:

Make mine a gin & tonic. Cheers commencing in T-50 minutes.... :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-02-05, 07:31 PM
bah, gin is for martinis, wtf is the point of a good gin when you're drowning out the taste with the tonic :saywhat:

dando
04-02-05, 07:36 PM
bah, gin is for martinis, wtf is the point of a good gin when you're drowning out the taste with the tonic :saywhat:
Quantity vs. quality. :) But I do like a good martini w/steak or lamb chops. :thumbup: Cheers!

EDIT: And I blaspheme anyone that sez a martini contains anything except gin...and just a whiff of vermouth. :flame:

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-02-05, 07:43 PM
[peter gibbons] goodpoint. [/peter gibbons]