PDA

View Full Version : Your Prediction

DjDrOmusic
03-31-05, 12:00 PM
Not that I really give a rats @$$, but many have predicted the first crash, first pit fire and what perfume Helio will have on...so who gets the Official Indy Racing League CALL for St. Pete?? I'm thinking a huge turn 1 crash that will take out 3/4 of the field, so after the Andretti-Green team is gone, it leaves Penske to duel with Rathole and a last lap shootout between Sham and Danica with the winner, uh mmmm, darn they both hit each other and Special Ed proves he belongs! :rofl: :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-31-05, 12:14 PM
They have a hard time keeping ten of em running to the flag on a short oval, I'm guessing under 10 finishers, under 5 on the lead lap.

DagoFast
03-31-05, 12:19 PM
Now the twirl of '97-2000 woulda been just too entertaining to miss. Can you imagine Oldsmobile "diaper" engined crapwagons with their 1.5 ton Emgo gearboxes, spinning around St. Pete with Billy Boat, Buzz, Dr. Jack, "streetfighter" Gweg Ray and the inestimable Donnie Beechler at the wheel?? :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

I would have had to bet on Saladbar. Although a Jabba prepared car is a pretty big obsticle to victory. :rofl:

Brickman
03-31-05, 12:22 PM
I predict the internet will be a buzzing, with everybody but me, I'm going camping. Who knows... maybe all the gearboxes will give out and Ed will win ala Jim Guthrie. ;)

racer2c
03-31-05, 12:24 PM
Now the twirl of '97-2000 woulda been just too entertaining to miss. Can you imagine Oldsmobile "diaper" engined crapwagons with their 1.5 ton Emgo gearboxes, spinning around St. Pete with Billy Boat, Buzz, Dr. Jack, "streetfighter" Gweg Ray and the inestimable Donnie Beechler at the wheel?? :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

I would have had to bet on Saladbar. Although a Jabba prepared car is a pretty big obsticle to victory. :rofl:

No doubt. We should vote on who will come in last instead of first. Last place will go to Danicle, runner up Special Ed and then the Sham.

spinner26
03-31-05, 12:41 PM
I'm gonna say they have a meeting before the race and agree that everybody gets through the first turn then it's Katie bar the door. It will be a reckfest for the next couple laps, there won't be a pit fire but I say a wheel or two will come off after pit stops. I'm guessing six cars on the lead lap at the finish. :shakehead :gomer: :saywhat:

cart7
03-31-05, 01:19 PM
Gaylio beats the nose by a mile (Pimpski special pieces just a smidge within the rules). Sham, in an incredible lapse of conservatism, attempts a "Greg Moore Portland thrust" at the green and finds out he's no Greg Moore.
Half the field limps off T1 and into the pits for major surgery. 1st of the "Hornish to Wallace seat in '06" rumours begin after the race. 7-11 forced to give away another free sandwich for the embarrasing debacle.

Film at 11. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-31-05, 02:06 PM
I'll bet it doesn't hit a 1.0 on the ratings.

i'll bet they have 1,000 explanations why.

Honda paid, so Honda will win. :thumbup:

Ed_Severson
03-31-05, 02:18 PM
I predict that since i don't give a **** now, I won't give a **** on Sunday either. :)

Gnam
03-31-05, 02:26 PM
Can you say Red Flag?

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 02:53 PM
I bet there will be more threads on OC about this race than there will be on Long Beach next week.

racer2c
03-31-05, 03:03 PM
I bet there will be more threads on OC about this race than there will be on Long Beach next week.

I'll take that bet. Won't they let you play at TF Sean?

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 03:09 PM
Why would I want to post at TF? I'm not an IRL fan.

FCYTravis
03-31-05, 03:26 PM
Can you say Red Flag?
I pity the cornerworkers there. I really do. They're going to spend half the race waving yellows.

RichK
03-31-05, 03:26 PM
Why would I want to post at TF? I'm not an IRL fan.

Profile For Sean O'Gorman
Date Registered: 09-01-2001
Total Posts: 604 (0.46 posts per day)

:p

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 03:36 PM
Have you actually read any of my posts there? :p

RichK
03-31-05, 03:44 PM
I'll give this to you, SeanO, you are a master at changing the subject! :laugh:

JT265
03-31-05, 04:11 PM
Have you actually read any of my posts there? :p

You mean we are supposed to actually read what you have to say, instead of just tossing off a nasty remark? :rofl:

As far as predictions, it's red flag day in Tampa Bay folks.

rabbit
03-31-05, 04:21 PM
They'll get through Turn 1 fine. Brainfart will threaten them all with bodily violence if the rows get closer than, say, a half mile apart on the start.

It will be a parade though, for sure.

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-05, 04:21 PM
You mean we are supposed to actually read what you have to say, instead of just tossing off a nasty remark? :rofl:

Well, duh, how else would you know what to make fun of it? I can't help it I provide y'all with so much new material! ;)

Ruok
04-01-05, 10:02 AM
I'll bet it doesn't hit a 1.0 on the ratings.

i'll bet they have 1,000 explanations why.

Prolly right, but I am half hoping for a 1.2 just to hear the spin why a street race procession garnered twice the ratings as the edge-of-your-seat race that phx was. And of course to hear the call for more street races by the faithful. Evolution dontcha know.

trauma1
04-01-05, 10:08 AM
P1=pace car :rofl:

oddlycalm
04-01-05, 04:27 PM
I predict that I won't care, will forget about it being on TV and the will only remember when I arrive at this forum. I further predict that unless someone is killed, I will have more than the usual number of laughs at the EARL's expense while reading the witty comments by those that did watch.

For those that do watch, be sure to enjoy the bog slow acceleration off the corners, the Soapbox Derby brakes and the long list of broken gearboxes.

oc

eiregosod
04-01-05, 04:47 PM
I
For those that do watch, be sure to enjoy the bog slow acceleration off the corners, the Soapbox Derby brakes and the long list of broken gearboxes.

oc

The extra slow acceleration at st pete, will make long beach look like a superspeedway

trauma1
04-01-05, 04:54 PM
P-2 tow truck
P-3 ambulance

eiregosod
04-01-05, 04:57 PM
Prolly right, but I am half hoping for a 1.2 just to hear the spin why a street race procession garnered twice the ratings as the edge-of-your-seat race that phx was. And of course to hear the call for more street races by the faithful. Evolution dontcha know.

if that were to happen, they claim FTg to be a genius for forming the EARL so that USA grassroots can hone their skills for the past decade on ovals to be ready for street circuits.

Michaelhatesfans
04-01-05, 05:51 PM
I predict that I won't watch it, and probably won't hear the low-lights until sometime on Monday.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-01-05, 06:18 PM
I pity the cornerworkers there. I really do. They're going to spend half the race waving yellows.Where's Mr. T when you need him?

Oh well I'll try in my best Mr. T impersonation.

"I pity the fool who has to race at St. Petersburg Sunday"

"I pity the fool who races in the I*L"

Winston Wolfe
04-01-05, 08:33 PM
P-2 tow truck
P-3 ambulance

How appropriate is it that "Trauma1" would be the first to post this.....

HAH !!!! :D :rofl: