PDA

View Full Version : Another Canadian Team?

nrc
03-31-05, 12:55 AM
According to this press release someone named Ken Mandeville is launching a new Champ car team. Anything to this, or is it just someone wishing?
http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/3/emw223871.htm

Canada Gets Champ Car Team

Mandeville Motorsports Marketing is launching a Canadian based Champ Car team.

Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) March 30, 2005 -- Mandeville Motorsports Marketing is launching a Canadian based Champ Car team.

The team will be located in Ontario. Mr Mandeville is currently discussing with drivers from Formula One.

This strategy comes as part of an Automotive based manufacturing venture that is very exciting for Canada. Strategic partners have been put in place. This venture comes as part of Mr Mandevilles racing venture. Champ Car is a great series that is on solid footing. Mr Mandeville is in contact with companies that have Global concerns and have shown serious interest in Champ Car. Mr Mandeville is a strong supporter of Champ Car.

Mr Mandeville is also very keen on developing the first truly based North American Formula One team. With it's manufacturing facilities within North America.

Several of the key components and strategic alliances are already in place to make this happen. Several top F1 engineers are on board and ready to make this happen. The next key component is to get the loyalty of US and Canadian corporations to make this happen for the long term. Several US and Canadian Drivers would be considered. The key to a North American team would be to have a North American driver and North American based manufacturing facilities. Many USA based corporations have shown serious intent.

devilmaster
03-31-05, 01:08 AM
google finds:

Mand Group, The (div of Mandeville Films Inc)
Ken Mandeville, CEO
P.O. Box 525
Campbellville, ON
L0P 1B0
T: (905) 854-5484

Advertising agency, Sports, Event marketing, Product placement, Fundraising, Film and TV production company

Automotive race sponsorship, sports events, product placement mandgroup@hotmail.com

http://www.mandevillefilms.com

nrc
03-31-05, 01:16 AM
Hmm. Finding lots of irons in the fire but it's not clear whether he's got any real heat.

Automotive race sponsorship, sports events, product placement mandgroup@hotmail.com

http://www.mandevillefilms.com

IMDB.com finds no listing for "Sassy Beaver".

RaceGrrl
03-31-05, 01:17 AM

No, but you could probably ask Warlock! for a review.
:D

SteveH
03-31-05, 01:41 AM
pretty close to April 1

Robstar
03-31-05, 07:13 AM
pretty close to April 1

How convenient... :thumbup: :)

cart7
03-31-05, 09:14 AM
Hmmmm... sounds kinda like that Kramerica company I saw once on a episode of Seinfeld.

Wabbit
03-31-05, 12:26 PM
I always wonder how professional a company can be when they use free hotmail email accounts.

jonovision_man
03-31-05, 02:25 PM
According to this press release someone named Ken Mandeville is launching a new Champ car team. Anything to this, or is it just someone wishing?
http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/3/emw223871.htm

Was that news release a Grade 6 project or something??

Mr Mandeville is also very keen on developing the first truly based North American Formula One team. With it's manufacturing facilities within North America.

F1? :saywhat:

jono

Racing Truth
03-31-05, 02:32 PM
pretty close to April 1

Yessir. :cool:

The F1 thing should be an obvious clue here.

Gnam
03-31-05, 02:36 PM
Several of the key components and strategic alliances are already in place to make this happen.
Several top F1 engineers are on board and ready to make this happen.
The next key component is to get the loyalty of US and Canadian corporations to make this happen for the long term.
Besides the repetition, all the sentences have the same short subject/verb form. Maybe it's a translation, but even the Canucks can write more gooder dan dis. ;)

jonovision_man
03-31-05, 02:39 PM
Besides the repetition, all the sentences have the same short subject/verb form. Maybe it's a translation, but even the Canucks can write more gooder dan dis. ;)

The original:

"Hosers gonna be meeting, eh? F1 hosers too, eh? Get some yanks and canuck hosers too, eh?"

Michaelhatesfans
03-31-05, 04:52 PM
I got some interesting results with a Google photo search, though.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-05, 09:08 AM
It is on SPEED TV's site now. :saywhat:

JT265
04-01-05, 10:12 AM
SeanO, with a blonde hottie on his arm, :saywhat: will renounce Daytona ProtoCraps and attend a street race in Taipei before this deal gets legs.

And remember, you read it here 1st. :gomer:

TedN
04-02-05, 12:53 PM
The Plot Thickens (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/04/02/979828-sun.html)

Ted

nrc
04-02-05, 02:13 PM
Like I said, a lot of irons in the fire. We'll see. Could make things interesting around the paddock.
http://www.mtliving.com/images/sassy_mini_beaver.jpghttp://www.teresamorales.com/Photos/More%20Photos/TumbBlack%20jeans%20kaki%20top.jpg

NismoZ
04-02-05, 02:25 PM
That ain't all that's thickening!

Ankf00
04-02-05, 02:52 PM
SeanO, with a blonde hottie on his arm, :saywhat: will renounce Daytona ProtoCraps and attend a street race in Taipei before this deal gets legs.

:rofl: c'mon, you have to at least maintain the slightest semblance of reality!

Racing Truth
04-02-05, 03:06 PM
Well, :saywhat: OK then.

Dude seems WAY in over his head. Champ Car, THEN F1?

Ya, good luck with that.

JT265
04-02-05, 05:36 PM
:rofl: c'mon, you have to at least maintain the slightest semblance of reality!

True dat. How about this?

SeanO, travelling alone and disgruntled with women in general, will renounce Daytona ProtoCraps and attend a street race in Taipei before this deal gets legs.

Better?

JT265
04-02-05, 05:40 PM
Oh, and as far as news releases, here's another:

It has been announced today that Devilmaster will start another Canadian Champ Car team. In an interview, Mr. Devil stated the following....

"It is our intent to enter the Champ Car World Series in 2005 with a two car team. We have been working hard toward this goal for quite some time, and I am happy to report that almost all of the pieces are together for our launch. And if JT selected the correct numbers for the lottery draw tonight, we will announce our drivers at the lottery office on Monday morning."

:rofl:

Ankf00
04-02-05, 05:44 PM

It has been announced today that Devilmaster will start another Canadian Champ Car team. In an interview, Mr. Devil stated the following....

"It is our intent to enter the Champ Car World Series in 2005 with a two car team. We have been working hard toward this goal for quite some time, and I am happy to report that almost all of the pieces are together for our launch. And if JT selected the correct numbers for the lottery draw tonight, we will announce our drivers at the lottery office on Monday morning."

and DM has tipped Alex Yoong for his #1 seat (which according to DM is me :D)

devilmaster
04-02-05, 09:41 PM
and DM has tipped Alex Yoong for his #1 seat (which according to DM is me :D)

Go keep crashin in aussie stock cars, fooboy.

devilmaster
04-02-05, 09:42 PM

Ahem, did you finally clear out your PM mailbox JT? So I can send a msg stating that i'm no longer in Toronto.....
:flame:

Sheesh, I even started a thread solely directed at you.....

Steve

[edit] And BTW, even if I did win the lottery, I doubt i would start a Champcar team.... Probably buy into Alex Schnaider's F1 team, just cause I feel there is some russian mafia thing going on there and that would be totally cool. ;)

Oh, and since now I probably have a contract out on me, I'll bid everyone goodbye :)

JT265
04-03-05, 12:32 AM
Ahem, did you finally clear out your PM mailbox JT? So I can send a msg stating that i'm no longer in Toronto.....
:flame:

Sheesh, I even started a thread solely directed at you.....

Steve

[edit] And BTW, even if I did win the lottery, I doubt i would start a Champcar team.... Probably buy into Alex Schnaider's F1 team, just cause I feel there is some russian mafia thing going on there and that would be totally cool. ;)

Oh, and since now I probably have a contract out on me, I'll bid everyone goodbye :)

Didn't know I was full. But I wondered where you got to.

<sorry>

And Schnaider's deal would be waaay cool. Russian women are tres hot!!

devilmaster
04-03-05, 12:47 PM
Didn't know I was full. But I wondered where you got to.

<sorry>

And Schnaider's deal would be waaay cool. Russian women are tres hot!!

No biggie.... I have to admit that most of it was my own fault because I always seem to forget something when I go on a trip.... This time, it was your new email addy and your phone number.....

So the only way I could think of to contact you was trying to get ahold of you by PM.

BTW, did you win the lottery so we can announce our driver lineup?

Steve