PDA

View Full Version : Appearantly, Tony Stewart is not one of those superstitious racecar driver types

rabbit
03-30-05, 01:18 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/15919/

.... Stewart’s intentions are to run the Kroger 200 Busch race at Indianapolis Raceway Park on the Saturday preceding the Nextel Cup’s Brickyard 400 on August 7.

To further add to Stewart’s “Rebel Without a Cause” image, his IRP ride will sport a special paint scheme marking the 50th anniversary of actor James Dean’s passing away behind the wheel of a Porsche Spyder, after crashing on his way to a sportscar race. :saywhat:

Steve99
04-01-05, 11:51 AM
Tony Stewart is doing the Indy double! But they are both NASCAR races. :rofl:

Andrew Longman
04-01-05, 12:50 PM
To further add to Stewart’s “Rebel Without a Cause” image, his IRP ride will sport a special paint scheme marking the 50th anniversary of actor James Dean’s passing away behind the wheel of a Porsche Spyder, after crashing on his way to a sportscar race.

I may be missing something but I find that morbid and in bad taste. Why not "celebrate" the passing of Lincoln, JFK, MLK, or Stevie Ray Vaugh, Jim Croce or the The Big Bopper? Or DE, Fireball Roberts, Swede Savage, Donnie Alison, Alan Kolwicki, etc?

There must be a product tie in. Perhaps a remake of the movie, Rebel without a Cause"? (no doubt starring Emenem)

pchall
04-01-05, 01:00 PM
Well, it doesn't really suprise me that a Rushville hick would try to capitalize on the misfortune of a kid from Marion.

spinner26
04-01-05, 01:14 PM
Remember before all the name calling starts this car is owned by Kevin Harvick and his wife and therefore they are responsible for the sponsorship / decals. :gomer:

I doubt seriously if Smoke gives a rats *** what’s on the car to be frank. If your just Tony hatin' then go for it but to suggest Tony is being disrespectful or any of the other blather is not cool. Unless of course you've got something to prove otherwise. :eek: :D

Don't hate the player hate the game. :rolleyes:

pchall
04-01-05, 01:50 PM
Remember before all the name calling starts this car is owned by Kevin Harvick and his wife and therefore they are responsible for the sponsorship / decals.

I doubt seriously if Smoke gives a rats *** what’s on the car to be frank. If your just Tony hatin' then go for it but to suggest Tony is being disrespectful or any of the other blather is not cool. Unless of course you've got something to prove otherwise.

Don't hate the player hate the game. :rolleyes:

So, I now officially switch my dump to Ken Harvick and spouse for being a lot less than tasteful. Sorry if I don't pay enough attention to one of the most stupid forms of racing on earth to know who signs what sponsor contract. :p

The livery still smells, no matter who profits from it.