Spicoli
03-29-05, 06:46 PM
Waaaah.

Buy a $4.00 7-11 Sammich and get a free ticket to St. Petes. :gomer:

dorks can't give it away.

:shakehead

Ed_Severson
03-29-05, 07:40 PM
Almost seems worth it to drive to 7-11, tear the ticket in half, and mail it to 16th and Georgetown.

Several hundred times.

RTKar
03-29-05, 08:05 PM
The city council and tourism board must love it....serves them right.

redmist
03-29-05, 08:19 PM
tomorrow it will be " take a dump in a 7-11 bathroom and get a free ticket" ;)

DagoFast
03-29-05, 08:26 PM
Confusious asks "If seven-11 car TAKES a dump and no free ticket holders are there to see it, is it still broken?"

DaveL
03-29-05, 09:42 PM
According to my sources, a local merchant in St. Pete is running a contest.

The winner gets 2 free tickets to the .1RL race.

The loser gets 4 free tickets.

lone_groover
03-29-05, 09:59 PM
*rimshot*

:cry:

RusH
03-29-05, 10:08 PM
After hearing this I drove to the local 7-11 here in St.Pete, the guy at the counter didn`t know squat about a race, but there was a cardboard ad on the counter that gave away a ticket for Friday, for a $5 sammwich.

Tomorrow I`ll drive to another, to be sure. Anyhow, my company had a stack as high as 10 decks of cards for Friday as a giveaway, including the paddock.

Methanolandbrats
03-29-05, 11:00 PM
After hearing this I drove to the local 7-11 here in St.Pete, the guy at the counter didn`t know squat about a race, but there was a cardboard ad on the counter that gave away a ticket for Friday, for a $5 sammwich.

Tomorrow I`ll drive to another, to be sure. Anyhow, my company had a stack as high as 10 decks of cards for Friday as a giveaway, including the paddock. Go, photograph, document, post photos, it's history :D

Ziggy
03-29-05, 11:00 PM
There is also a promotion at the area blood banks. When you give blood, you get a ticket. Almost like the drivers and crewmen. They get a free ambulance ride.

This should pack in the demographic they covet

Fill those stands with wino's and bums

:rofl:

Mari must have the feelers out for a new boyfriend. "must have own gun and be able to shoot and hit target before expelling twenty rounds"

Peter Venkman
03-29-05, 11:12 PM
This should pack in the demographic they covet

Fill those stands with wino's and bums

:rofl:

Mari must have the feelers out for a new boyfriend. "must have own gun and be able to shoot and hit target before expelling twenty rounds"[/QUOTE]

Dr. Ziggy,

As you know, my daughter works for Roger Pimske, and she and all her co-workers were asked to attend the Phoenix "show", if possible, of course, with free tickets to her and all of the family...and our friends...and even just people we might know.

I think there were just over 8000 souls that showed up, and most of those had to be on freebee tickets.

How long does this cher-rod have to go on before the major businessmen in that "league" start believing their accounts and money guys?

They shoot horses, don't they?

fourrunner
03-30-05, 12:21 AM
It's obvious that the word has gotten out that if you wait the IRL out on ticket sales .... They'll beg you to take them ... just make an offer!

They can't even do a three day Festival right!

Hopefully Wynona will be sober for the National Anthem!!

chop456
03-30-05, 02:54 AM
Don't start patting yourselves on the back quite yet.

If Foyt and Ganassi get wind of this deal, it's a sellout.

Sean O'Gorman
03-30-05, 10:37 AM
If Foyt and Ganassi get wind of this deal, it's a sellout.

Of course if they get wind from this deal as well, we'll probably be able to smell it all the way up in the Midwest. :saywhat:

RacinM3
03-30-05, 01:35 PM
What day is the free ticket for?

I mean, I can get a free friday ticket to the LBGP next week in the LB Press Telegram, and it's been that way for years. But I have NEVER heard of a free Sat or race day promotion.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-30-05, 02:00 PM
Man, with all these funny-ass posts, my computer screen will never get dry.

You guys are too much. :rofl: