PDA

View Full Version : more indycar.com hilarity

RichK
03-29-05, 04:50 PM
Watch the wheel fly off a crapwagon!

www.indycar.com (http://www.indycar.com)

I love their site, I now check it every day! :laugh:

lone_groover
03-29-05, 04:55 PM
HA HA....pitiful, hapless gomaz. Even their nerds are stupider.

:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-29-05, 05:01 PM
They sure are proud of themselves for bolting brakes on all four corners. Way to go boys, that's some complicated racecar engineering :thumbup:

JohnnyQ
03-29-05, 05:06 PM
I hate that bubble on the front right before the cockpit. It looks like a boyle.

lone_groover
03-29-05, 05:08 PM
Maybe you're thinking of Dan Weldon's personal secretary, Lance Boyle.

Steve99
03-29-05, 07:32 PM
They sure are proud of themselves for bolting brakes on all four corners. Way to go boys, that's some complicated racecar engineering :thumbup:
Maybe they should paint 'em yellow?

cart7
03-29-05, 07:41 PM
Reminds me of a Cart race at Portland a few years ago. :p

dando
03-29-05, 08:00 PM
My question is what the heck do they need brakes for on the oval config? :gomer:

Also, check out these gems from the Contact Us page on their site:

Q: How do I become a driver/crew member for an IndyCar Series or Menards Infiniti Pro Series team?
A: Our Drivers come from varying backgrounds, but most got their start somewhere. Try go-karting or a racing school if you are interested in driving. The IRL does not have an officially recognized program to start racing. Teams require experience as well and local tracks and series are the best place to gain experience.

Q: Can somebody explain what the difference is between the F1 and the 500 cars?
A: The differences can be found here.

Q: How can I get a copy of the IRL Rule Book.
A: The IndyCar Series and Menards Infiniti Pro Series Rule Books are not available to the public at this time.

Unfortunately the link to the F1 car comparison is busted. I'm sure that's a hoot, too. :laugh:

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
03-29-05, 08:14 PM
A: Our Drivers come from varying backgrounds, but most got their start somewhere.

Evidently others didn't get their start somewhere. :laugh:

eiregosod
03-29-05, 08:24 PM
move your mouse over "schedule" to see the finest array of cookie-cutters/ovals in your life!

Car-B-Q
03-29-05, 09:37 PM
A: The IndyCar Series and Menards Infiniti Pro Series Rule Books are not available to the public at this time.

If they aren't available to the public, I guess no one can challenge Baghdad Fred and the ever changing vision. I guess there's a section titled "The Call", which is why it ain't available. Don't want to give away the scripted ending.

datachicane
03-29-05, 10:19 PM
Anybody else think it's hilarious that the name of their free fan club (gee, where have I run in to that recently?) is "Downforce"?

Maybe that's the problem with their ratings and attendance- they'd be much higher if it wasn't for all of that downforce squeezing everything right back down :D.

Spicoli
03-29-05, 10:27 PM
Evidently others didn't get their start somewhere. :laugh:

You just can;t make this **** up, eh? :cry:

B3RACER1a
03-29-05, 10:51 PM
:rofl:

extramundane
03-30-05, 12:07 AM

If they aren't available to the public, I guess no one can challenge Baghdad Fred and the ever changing vision. I guess there's a section titled "The Call", which is why it ain't available. Don't want to give away the scripted ending.

In their defense, the technology to export an Etch-a-Sketch to web-friendly format just isn't perfected yet.

racer2c
03-30-05, 12:31 AM
Indy Racing League Inner Office Memo - 03-25-2005

To: Web Team
Subject: IndyCar F1 Comparo

Hi Team,

Please remove the IndyCar - F1 comparison page. It's come to my attention that there actually is no comparison. Evidently the F1 car is faster! But let's see them do barrel rolls eh guys? On a side note, has anyone heard how Sarah is doing at that Mclaren team?

I'm trying to find another car that we can show case our IndyCars against. I'm thinking drag cars. Hey, we turn left and right now! That's got to be better than just going in a straight line for a couple of miles.

Go ahead and leave the link there so we don't forget but don't link it to anything.

Thanks!

Brian

Lizzerd
03-30-05, 02:56 AM
A: Our Drivers come from varying backgrounds, but most got their start somewhere.

Well, duh...

I laughed out loud when I read this (as have others, apparently). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: