PDA

View Full Version : Glock signed at Rocketsports

trauma1
03-29-05, 03:51 PM
he signed today, this via his web site and babelfish

Welcome ton the states!! Now it is fixed: Timo Glock stands with skirt haven Racing under contract and US Champ Car series of 2005 for the team will deny. "I am genuinly happy, above all the last tests in Sebring (faster of 17 cars) have shown which potential in the team and the car to be" Further news shortly on www.speed academy.de. Until soon of you

Racing Truth
03-29-05, 04:08 PM
he signed today, this via his web site and babelfish

Welcome ton the states!! Now it is fixed: Timo Glock stands with skirt haven Racing under contract and US Champ Car series of 2005 for the team will deny. "I am genuinly happy, above all the last tests in Sebring (faster of 17 cars) have shown which potential in the team and the car to be" Further news shortly on www.speed academy.de. Until soon of you

Now it is fixed: Timo Glock stands with skirt haven Racing under contract and US Champ Car series of 2005 for the team will deny. :saywhat:

Gotta love Babelfish. :laugh:

Anyway, very :cool:

Dr. Corkski
03-29-05, 04:35 PM
:saywhat:

Gotta love Babelfish. :laugh:

Anyway, very :cool:You know, I am not even sure if babelfish is the one that screwed up the translation here. :gomer:

lone_groover
03-29-05, 04:44 PM
Thanks for posting the Glock 'n spiel.

:gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
03-29-05, 04:45 PM

Boo! :thumdown:

;)

lone_groover
03-29-05, 04:46 PM
Tough room.

RichK
03-29-05, 05:08 PM
I thought it was very funny. :thumbup: :laugh:

When the rest of us would've gone for the standard gun-analogy-joke, 'groover chimes in with his percussive wit. HelLes BELLeS!

pchall
03-29-05, 05:19 PM

Yeah! Time to unGlock the pun thread!!!!!!! :gomer:

dreamracer
03-29-05, 05:28 PM
I thought around-the-Glock about a good pun I could add to this, but in the end I just drew a blank. :gomer:

Spicoli
03-29-05, 06:39 PM
Welcome to last month. :gomer:

:runs:

Steve99
03-29-05, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a new team: skirt haven Racing

Andrew Longman
03-29-05, 07:37 PM
Jokes and puns aside, is anyone just a little stunned that Rocketsport could engineer such a fast car and that Glock could pilot it faster than 17 others?

Rocketsport hasn't proven to be the best at preparing a car and this guy has no seat time driving a car with the performance of a champcar without driver aids.

Testing should always be taken with a grain of salt, but they blew away some pretty established teams and drivers.

Chakas
03-29-05, 08:55 PM
We'll have to see how he handles the pace over a full race, but I'm hopefull that this could be another car in contention for wins during the season.

Spicoli
03-29-05, 09:00 PM
Jokes and puns aside, is anyone just a little stunned that Rocketsport could engineer such a fast car and that Glock could pilot it faster than 17 others?

Rocketsport hasn't proven to be the best at preparing a car and this guy has no seat time driving a car with the performance of a champcar without driver aids.

Testing should always be taken with a grain of salt, but they blew away some pretty established teams and drivers.

There are so major quality guys on the Rocketsports Team. Maybe it was the
:gomer: drivers.

NismoZ
03-29-05, 09:51 PM
Expect a yellow, black and red car, too...No more rocketsports blue! I hear RHRs is all gussied up, too...some silver, black and red. (?)

nrc
03-29-05, 10:35 PM
Silver, black and red? Any chance it's a Silver Bullet?

Lizzerd
03-30-05, 03:02 AM

Good point.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-30-05, 01:54 PM
Yeah! Time to unGlock the pun thread!!!!!!! :gomer:Too bad former driver Salt Walther isn't making a comeback as Glock's teammate.

Imagine, we could have a loaded Walther and Glock on the track. :laugh:

devilmaster
03-30-05, 02:06 PM
Yeah! Time to unGlock the pun thread!!!!!!! :gomer:

Yeah, it was closed too early. ;)

I even pulled out my rhyming dictionary for that thread.......
:D

Steve

rabbit
03-30-05, 03:39 PM
Too bad former driver Salt Walther isn't making a comeback as Glock's teammate.

Imagine, we could have a loaded Walther and Glock on the track. :laugh:
Aren't they testing at Winchester this weekend? :gomer:

Al Czervik
03-30-05, 04:18 PM
Aren't they testing at Winchester this weekend? :gomer:

Only if Salt can get his old Beretta to start.

lone_groover
03-30-05, 04:39 PM
Too bad they didn't hire a new driver from Nantucket.

:)