PDA

View Full Version : O.K. - I'll let y'all know . . .

Wheel-Nut
03-29-05, 03:28 PM
First off I know there are a few members here that go to Indy 500. This year I will be attending. My wife got some free tickets and we are taking my dad, who has always wanted to go, (he does not care what sactioning body is putting on the race), he just wants to see an I500 race. He's 61 and may not get another chance.

Any Indy veterans here have any tips while at the track? Must see / do type of stuff?

Turn7
03-29-05, 03:33 PM
First off I know there are a few members here that go to Indy 500. This year I will be attending. My wife got some free tickets and we are taking my dad, who has always wanted to go, (he does not care what sactioning body is putting on the race), he just wants to see an I500 race. He's 61 and may not get another chance.

Any Indy veterans here have any tips while at the track? Must see / do type of stuff?

Drink a lot of beer and then stop by the Vision Racing pits and whizz on the owner.
:D

Methanolandbrats
03-29-05, 03:56 PM
You'll need a sign or t-shirt that says "show your tits". Sit at the entrance to turns, not the exit because that's where the schrapnel goes.

Sean O'Gorman
03-29-05, 04:27 PM
I will give you $10 for every Camp and Brew member you punch in the face. :thumbup:

Redwing
03-29-05, 06:15 PM
Don't bother to bring your teeth...no one else seems to. :cry:

Spicoli
03-29-05, 06:31 PM

You can camp in my yard for $20 bucks.

Tip #1: Don't sit near the catch fences.

Tip #2: Buy your tickets race day morning, there will be THOUSANDS of tickets available from scalpers, and scalping is 100% legal here. Pay Fitty cent on the dollah.

Tip#3: Go to camp and brew and tell them you are me.

Wabbit
03-29-05, 06:43 PM
Washed-up drivers hang out at the Classy Chassy.

Make sure to say hi to BiF.

Try emailing a couple of the ChampCar teams. I'm sure they'll give you a tour while you're there.

Careful driving on I-465. Chicago exit is on the left :flame: (lousy navigator) :mad:

DagoFast
03-29-05, 07:06 PM
1. Make sure to get T shirts made that say "I'm only here because the tickets were free". Wear them at all times. Try to get on camera.

2. Buy a Crapwagon shirt, see how many Hulmans and Georges you can get to sign it!

3. Keep asking crew people "How much boost ya running?"

4. Beg Tom Carnigie to say: "It's a new track record" just for old time sake.

5. Keep asking Betty Rutherford if she is Juan Montoya's grandma.

6. Keep asking A.J. when he's gonna run some laps in the roadster.

7. Have Fred Nation paged to the white courtesy phone every 20 minutes.

8. Refuse to park your car where Bob Cole wants you too.

9. Go to the museum, demand to see Paul Tracy's winning car. Refuse to leave until they show it to you.

10. Clothesline FTG when he goes by on his dorky Segway.

cart7
03-29-05, 07:29 PM
Get a bunch of drunks together from the infield and roll one of those fugly *** pace trucks over and set it afire for old time sake.

Have sex deep in turn 3.

Take a leak outside one of the infield bathrooms and exclaim to the yellow shirts, " When did they tear the old s****houses down.

After rolling the car, take the group of drunks over to T4 and start up a beach volleyball game in the gravel trap. Explain that the last time you were here, this was perfectly acceptable.

Stick signs on the backs of as many alleycats as possible that says, "I'm a TG lovin Indiana hoosier gomer transvestite.

Stand at the fence surrounding gasoline alley, wait for a driver to walk by and when he reaches for you autograph book say, " Hey, you're not Dennis Vitolo."

Wait till late at night and drop some DogS**** on the Camp N Brew campground right at the camper door. Put up a little sign that says "spicoli was here, sorry I missed ya."

Have T-shirts made. Your Dads says "Show my son your tits", yours says, "Show my Dad your Tits."

Go to the museum, go up to Cheevers '98 car and exclaim "I thought this area of the museum was reserved for real winners cars."

Take one of those "arrow through the head" novelty deals, put some aluminum foil on both ends shaped like metal shrapnel and wear a t-shirt that says "I survived Texas the 03 race".

Finally, whatever you do, DON'T EAT THE TENDERLOINS! You'll spend most of the race in one of those pathetic s****holes they call bathrooms there.

on second thought, that might not be such a bad thing afterall.

dando
03-29-05, 08:37 PM
Get a bunch of drunks together from the infield and roll one of those fugly *** pace trucks over and set it afire for old time sake.

Have sex deep in turn 3.

Take a leak outside one of the infield bathrooms and exclaim to the yellow shirts, " When did they tear the old s****houses down.

After rolling the car, take the group of drunks over to T4 and start up a beach volleyball game in the gravel trap. Explain that the last time you were here, this was perfectly acceptable.

Stick signs on the backs of as many alleycats as possible that says, "I'm a TG lovin Indiana hoosier gomer transvestite.

Stand at the fence surrounding gasoline alley, wait for a driver to walk by and when he reaches for you autograph book say, " Hey, you're not Dennis Vitolo."

Wait till late at night and drop some DogS**** on the Camp N Brew campground right at the camper door. Put up a little sign that says "spicoli was here, sorry I missed ya."

Have T-shirts made. Your Dads says "Show my son your tits", yours says, "Show my Dad your Tits."

Go to the museum, go up to Cheevers '98 car and exclaim "I thought this area of the museum was reserved for real winners cars."

Take one of those "arrow through the head" novelty deals, put some aluminum foil on both ends shaped like metal shrapnel and wear a t-shirt that says "I survived Texas the 03 race".

Finally, whatever you do, DON'T EAT THE TENDERLOINS! You'll spend most of the race in one of those pathetic s****holes they call bathrooms there.

on second thought, that might not be such a bad thing afterall.

:rofl:

Damnit C7, now how do I explain the pee stain on the couch to my wife?!? :gomer:

Wait, I know. Blame the dogs. :D

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
03-29-05, 09:04 PM
First off I know there are a few members here that go to Indy 500. This year I will be attending. My wife got some free tickets

WOW, FREE TICKETS!!! To an IRL race??? Imagine that!! ;) :D

ps- have fun!!

pchall
03-29-05, 09:05 PM
In such circumstances, you get a free pass on the museum.

Railbird
03-29-05, 09:34 PM
I've been to half the Indy 500s ever ran and I would have a hard time adding much to cart7's list.

racer2c
03-29-05, 10:42 PM
Wear a Sarah Fisher T-Shirt and every time you see Helio, yell "Sarah, can I get your autograph?!?!?!"

Methanolandbrats
03-29-05, 10:49 PM
Strike up conversations with people by saying "when I was here 12 years ago I could'nt move, now there's plenty of room, especially on bump day".

Peter Venkman
03-29-05, 11:18 PM
"He's 61 and may not get another chance."

What the fug?

Unless he's on death's door, he should manage about twenty more.

62, my arse.

racer2c
03-29-05, 11:30 PM
"He's 61 and may not get another chance."

What the fug?

Unless he's on death's door, he should manage about twenty more.

62, my arse.

Well, there's a good chance there won't be an IRL next year. ;)

Peter Venkman
03-30-05, 12:20 AM
"Well, there's a good chance there won't be an IRL next year. "

Well, we can all hope, and for those so inclined, pray.

PV

cart7
03-30-05, 08:42 AM
Seriously 'nut. Even though the lines to museum are a mile long, it's certainly worth the visit. I don't think the line is any less on Saturday than it is raceday either. Inside is one of the finest vehicle collections anywhere, of the history of Champcars. Fortunately, there are only a couple crapwagons you'll have to look past. The collection of Millers, Duesies, etc is excellent. You'll get a real appreciation of the bravery of drivers like Rose and Shaw when you see those cars, realize the speeds they were running in those days and the fact they wore a leather helmet, goggles and a T-shirt as racing attire.

Wheel-Nut
03-30-05, 10:29 AM
Thanks fellas, this was funny!! The museum is a must.

and to think I was just looking for simple info such as, should I go the boxed lunch route or are the "stadium dogs" worth the trouble!

O'Gorman - anyone in particular?

Peter V. He's not on deaths bed but we are in Southeast Texas and I can assure you this will not be an annual pilgrimage to Indy.

cart7
03-30-05, 10:36 AM
Thanks fellas, this was funny!! The museum is a must.

and to think I was just looking for simple info such as, should I go the boxed lunch route or are the "stadium dogs" worth the trouble!

Peter V. He's not on deaths bed but we are in Southeast Texas and I can assure you this will not be an annual pilgrimage to Indy.

I've heard the box lunch thing is a pretty good deal. ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-30-05, 10:36 AM

Don't eat any of that ****. Eat a big meal before you go and bring your own food.

Sean O'Gorman
03-30-05, 10:41 AM

Give Kaaveh a broken nose and I'll put you in my will.

B3RACER1a
03-30-05, 11:31 AM
LOL. Is that guy still sim racing?

Ed_Severson
03-30-05, 11:37 AM
Give Kaaveh a broken nose and I'll put you in my will.

I thought we were trying to encourage him!

Methanolandbrats
03-30-05, 11:42 AM
Give Kaaveh a broken nose and I'll put you in my will. You seem hostile and full of anger today, are you OK? :D

Sean O'Gorman
03-30-05, 12:59 PM
LOL. Is that guy still sim racing?

No but he is still a dickhead.

Turn7
03-30-05, 01:00 PM

You should just blow him off then. ;)

JLMannin
03-30-05, 01:06 PM
Tip #2: Buy your tickets race day morning, there will be THOUSANDS of tickets available from scalpers, and scalping is 100% legal here. Pay Fitty cent on the dollah.

He's right. I suspect that you could buy better seats than the free ones. If you wait until 30 minutes before the start of the race, they will likely take any money you have to offer.

B3RACER1a
03-30-05, 02:06 PM

LOL! I remember running some ICR2 league where you took screenshots and sent your times in. He was always like 1 second faster than everyone, somehow. Fishy.

Then there was some GPL league that I ran 1 or 2 races in and guess who was there....running mid to back pack. I knew then he had SOMETHING figured out in ICR2....hehe.

Sean O'Gorman
03-30-05, 02:14 PM
No, he was a good driver, people who raced against him over modem could testify to that. I used to be friends with him, then he started working for Panther and became a real jerk to all his old friends, and finally one day he blew up on me for making an IRL joke and by then I couldn't care less if I ever talked to him again.

Its people like him who are too busy being glorified driver groupies instead of actually doing their job to promote the sport that are the reason why open wheel racing is doing so terrible.

Spicoli
03-30-05, 02:21 PM
He's right. I suspect that you could buy better seats than the free ones. If you wait until 30 minutes before the start of the race, they will likely take any money you have to offer.

spicoli is always mostly right. :thumbup:

Railbird
03-30-05, 04:37 PM
Mostly being the key word.

Spicoli
03-30-05, 04:49 PM
Mostly being the key word.

Cheeeber to ChampCar was a ****ing joke.

mostly. :)

Seriously, that was RedBull money that was coming with AJA and then....oh nevermind.

Kaaveh
11-06-05, 01:40 AM
:cool:

Sean O'Gorman
11-06-05, 03:12 AM
h

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

coolhand
11-06-05, 04:19 AM
funny thread, i must of missed this one

cart7
11-06-05, 07:06 AM
We'll have to drag this one out every May! :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
11-08-05, 11:16 AM
Well . . . we did go to the museum, really cool. :thumbup: We got there early on Saturday and had the place almost to ourselves. We even took a ride around the track before going into the museum. A few pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-17.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-14.jpg

Wheel-Nut
11-08-05, 11:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-9.jpg

Wheel-Nut
11-08-05, 11:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Wheel-Nut/museum-3.jpg