PDA

View Full Version : LBGP "at the track" and Dromo night:

manic mechanic
03-29-05, 12:29 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering who is up for an at the track meet (so you can put a face with the name) on Friday...Anyone else interested?

12:50-1:05 PM Friday, April 8th:
Meet area is by the newsstands in front of the entrance to the Lifestyle Expo.

We've had groups of 15-20 show up there in the past so don't be shy...Come by and say hello! :thumbup:

As far as Dromo Night goes:

We need at least 10 people who are willing to travel the 23 miles from Long Beach to the kart track in order to make a reservation fly. The cost is $25 per person and I need to get things in order ASAP if it's gonna happen.

Post on this thread or PM me so I can get lists going if you are interested.

manic

Winston Wolfe
03-29-05, 03:20 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering who is up for an at the track meet (so you can put a face with the name) on Friday...Anyone else interested?

12:50-1:05 PM Friday, April 8th:
Meet area is by the newsstands in front of the entrance to the Lifestyle Expo.

We've had groups of 15-20 show up there in the past so don't be shy...Come by and say hello! :thumbup:

As far as Dromo Night goes:

We need at least 10 people who are willing to travel the 23 miles from Long Beach to the kart track in order to make a reservation fly. The cost is $25 per person and I need to get things in order ASAP if it's gonna happen.

Post on this thread or PM me so I can get lists going if you are interested.

manic

i'm up for the newsstand meet point.... always have, always will.

The Dromo night thang may not work out, just due to the drinking \ driving thingy.... I just havent been able to spend a day at the track and enjoying the sun \ chicks \ cars and NOT be able to drink pretty much at least half of my face off.... never have.... prolly never will.... Put me down for a definite maybe for the D1 gig...

btw folks, if you havent been to D1 on Monday night, it is "Oval night" and I gotta tell ya.... the first few laps are cool.... then when you figger out that you are driving around the track, with your foot FLAT ON THE FLOOR, NOT LIFTING until you encounter lapped traffic, and you are turning 12.2 - 12.4 second laps, and your leg\ knee are locking in place.... you realize what Dario \ Kanaan \ Manning \ HCN \ GDF \ Dixon and all of the other fellas have realized and that is...... ALL OVAL \ ALL THE TIME \ FOOT ALWAYS ON THE FLOOR is no way to drive a race car (errrr - go-kart) and the best part is:

I aint locked into a contract to do it.
I pay my $25 and get out of the kart.
I dont gotta be some yen chasing whore who gave up my morals to chase FToyota or Fhonda yen....
and
I can go back Wednesday night and race "reverse night" when they run the track in the reverse direction.

Aint the inner-net just great ? :D

indyfan31
03-29-05, 11:39 AM
Where is this Dromo thingy?

manic mechanic
03-29-05, 03:40 PM
Where is this Dromo thingy?

1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867

Just down the road from the Pond.

www.dromo1.com

That answer your query?

manic

peelo
03-30-05, 06:36 PM
I will be there for the at-the-track gathering but I can't make it Saturday night.

I am NOT working the race this year. I am hanging out!! I am relaxing in the sun! I am eating and drinking!

I anticipate having a seat in grandstand #5.

Anteater, I'll see you on the Passport!

And I still want to go see Jimmy Buffett on Thursday the 7th at the Pond! No, I don't have a ticket.

manic mechanic
04-01-05, 01:53 AM
UPDATE ON DROMO NIGHT

As of 3/31/05, here is the "list":

manic
PlayersFan
Anaya
Dougrun
Jamie D
Paul T

Possibles include Joe V, ~senor Herb tea and four Europeans.

The bottom line here is that 6 confirmed racers WILL NOT get us our own race. Individuals could just as easily call in a reservation (arrive 30 minutes ahead if you have never raced there before for the "rookie" class), confirm it with a credit card, and just join an open field.
Dromo gets pretty crowded on Friday nights and a group reservation is pretty much the only way you get to race together.

If this list isn't at 10 solid by 4/4/05, I'm not sure this deal is gonna fly.

Speak up if you want to race. We can still put a 7:30 or 8:00 PM group together :thumbup:

manic

CART License
04-01-05, 03:01 AM
This is Friday night right? put me down for (2) at Dromo

Jamie D.
Paul T.

peelo
04-02-05, 10:01 PM
Maybe you guys should relocate your karting event ...

PSSSST … WANNA RACE ON THE ROOF AT THE 31ST ANNUAL TOYOTA GRAND PRIX OF LONG BEACH?

LONG BEACH, Calif. (March 30, 2005) -- If so, head for the roof of the Long Beach Convention Center Arena parking structure April 8-10 during the 31st Annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

That’s where Apex Kart Racing will be setting up a kart racing course and, for a nominal fee, you and your friends can test your skill at the sport that helped launch the racing careers of stars like Champ Car ace Paul Tracy, F/One champion Michael Schumacher and NASCAR’s Jeff Gordon.

Widely-recognized kart instructor David DiMond will be bringing his Riverside-based kart operation to the Grand Prix, with a number of his top young prodigies on hand to provide racing instruction and demonstrations.

“I’m excited and grateful to be part of an event that has been such a part of karting history,” said DiMond. “Plus, I’m anxious to share the sport about which I’m so passionate with many thousands of race fans who may be climbing aboard a kart for the first time.”

“We’re delighted to have David and Apex Karting as part of the event weekend,” said Jim Michaelian, president and CEO of the Grand Prix Association of Long Beach. “Along with our FreestyleMX and Giant Bicycle Stunt team performers, there will be almost constant action in and around the Lifestyle Expo as well as on the race circuit.”

Apex Racing, located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds in Riverside, creates custom karting experience for racers of all ages. In addition, the facility is available to host corporate events, one-on-one coaching and monthly Apex Open racing events, and stocks a complete line of European World Champion Hasse kart chassis. For more information, visit www.apexracing.com.

The Apex Kart Racing Arena parking structure course will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Anteater
04-03-05, 12:11 PM
"APEX Kart Racing"?!? OMG--I feel such a photo op coming on!!!!! :D You guys know who I'm talking about! Thanks for the info, peelo--but I'll bet that the rooftop track can't compare with the one at Dromo.

Manic, Mr. A and I just don't know if we'll have the energy to join you there Friday night, so we can't commit. Sorry. :( We know you'll have a fab time!

manic mechanic
04-06-05, 12:52 PM
DROMO UPDATE:

Looks like we have enough for a group!

manic
Anaya
PlayersFan
pinniped
CART License
CART License jr.
Friend of CART License
Pinkerton floyd
Mrs. Pinkerton floyd
Joe V.
Dougrun

I'm putting in a reservation for 7:45 PM FRIDAY night.
The cost is $25 per person. I will be securing the res with a credit card, so don't hang me out on this one!

1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867

If you have never raced at Dromo before, there is a "rookie class" that you must sit through before you are allowed to race, so show up 20-30 minutes early.

If we get more people they will just have to take a "first available" slot, but that might also give some of us a second chance to race.

Thanks for all the responses, folks.

Looks like we are going RACING!!!!

manic

ANAYA YATES
04-06-05, 07:33 PM
GOOD JOB MANIC! :D

I hope I have the energy to get in a car and run a decent lap after all day at the LBGP.

You guys wear me out :rofl:

As a dear friend of Manic, please show up with cash in hand. I KNOW what it's like to be left with the bill

ANAYA YATES
CCIC Western Regional Coordinator

Anteater
04-06-05, 11:05 PM
Looks like you've got a good group there, manic! We'll see you at 12:50 Friday by the newsstands, and if we have the energy, we'll drag our sorry a$$es to Dromo to cheer everyone on. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!