Beer
Pit Babes

Sorry, I can't just pick one. :p

racer2c
03-28-05, 01:18 PM
Where is the Chinese road racing option? :gomer:

skaven
03-28-05, 01:28 PM
I had to vote for tracks. My first inclination was "cars," but you really need a proper track to showcase the cars. As such, I find myself looking forward to certain races (tracks) each and every year. Tracks that I know showcase the cars and the drivers - Cleveland and Road America come to mind.

Many years ago, I would've voted without hesitation for the driver (Ongais, Sullivan, etc.), but since my last batch of driver favorites defected for the yen, I am cautious about supporting drivers.

I think if Kalkhoven and Forsythe can bring stability to the series and make it a destination, not a jumping off point, we'll be in better shape.

I hope in three years time, I can answer "driver" to this poll, as I feel that is where we need to be.

SteveH
03-28-05, 01:40 PM
competition

nrc
03-28-05, 02:02 PM
Competition. Drivers are part of that, but I suspect SeanO means "personalities" while I'm more concerned about talent.

dando
03-28-05, 02:07 PM
Them cars sure is purty. :) It's a combo of factors, or the whole package that I like.

-Kevin

RaceGrrl
03-28-05, 02:11 PM
Competition for me too.

trish
03-28-05, 02:37 PM
Drivers & Cars

But I chose drivers since I only get one choice.

pferrf1
03-28-05, 02:47 PM
Its the whole damned package.

cameraman
03-28-05, 03:14 PM
Its the whole damned package.

Yup
:thumbup:

Andrew Longman
03-28-05, 03:29 PM
Its the cars. A Lola or Reynard is sleek and beautiful even standing still. The whine of the turbo gives me goosebumps. The speed coming out of a turn on a superspeedway is stunning, as is the downshifting and braking into a turn such as T5 at RA.

Take even the best driver out and put him/her in a IROC or cup car or even sports car and I'm not very interested. Put the most base wanker in a champ car and you begin to appreciate the skill needed to tame these 800 hp monsters.

Of course, add sunshine, a great track, pit babes, a fun crowd and a cold beverage and it gets even better.

How long until LB? I need it.

racer2c
03-28-05, 03:35 PM
I like the competition option. I'm a bit hesitant to pigeon hole my interest in Champ Cars to 'just' the cars. To me that insinuates that all the other aspects of the series are far behind my interest in the cars. So, personally it has to do with a combined package. But, myself and the formula fans that I know were attracted to the series because of the cars first and for most.
Dig up some old CART threads where there were rumors of an engine formula change without turbos and you'll see a whole bunch of angry fans who threatened to give up on the series for that one thing. I've had my Champ Car driver heros over the years in Mears, Emmo, Lyundyke, Sullivan, Villenueve, Mansell, Zanardi, Vasser, JPM, Da Matta, Mario, Tracy and the list goes on, but every time I show up at the track for Friday practice and see a Champ Car letting it hang out, I still get goose bumps and an uncontrollable smile no matter who's driving.

devilmaster
03-28-05, 05:28 PM
I put 'other'. Mostly because I would have liked an option for all of the above.

I just hope this poll doesn't get twisted into a GA or other series rant. As an example of what might happen, per experience.... 'Everyone who said competition should be loving GA because there are more drivers and cars there, ergo more competition....'

I can see this happening, unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong.

All my opinion, of course.

Audi_A4
03-28-05, 05:36 PM
it sucks that the champ cars look so outdated

Turn7
03-28-05, 05:51 PM
Cars
Drivers
Tracks
Atmosphere

Other: All of the above.

Andrew Longman
03-28-05, 05:53 PM
it sucks that the champ cars look so outdated

I agree I miss the years when each season brought a new package from Swift, Lola, Penske and Reynard. It was fun to see what the engineers thought was a good idea this year. Yes, they are now several years old and in need of an update.

BUT, if progress means that a formula car is supposed to look like a Dallara or G-Force, then I will forego a "modern" racecar for CCWS's antiques.

Racing Truth
03-28-05, 05:58 PM
I agree I miss the years when each season brought a new package from Swift, Lola, Penske and Reynard. It was fun to see what the engineers thought was a good idea this year. Yes, they are now several years old and in need of an update.

BUT, if progress means that a formula car is supposed to look like a Dallara or G-Force, then I will forego a "modern" racecar for CCWS's antiques.

I don't disagree really, but the reality is that those days are gone. No US OW Formula car series can afford brand new packages every year. You'd have 10 cars on the grid.

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-05, 06:00 PM
Competition. Drivers are part of that, but I suspect SeanO means "personalities" while I'm more concerned about talent.

I meant talent, though I guess if you are picking driver you can use whatever criteria you want.

I couldn't care less about a driver's personality (I don't care for most drivers) although I suppose it is a good thing to have guys who are likeable.

mapguy
03-28-05, 06:06 PM
You should have added another option. "All of the above" which is what I think is Champ Car's biggest attraction.

Cart Champion
03-28-05, 09:35 PM
Cars
Atmosphere
Competition
Tracks
Paddock accessibility
The Girls
Drivers

Its really a package deal since I'm loyal to the series rather than a driver, team, sponsor or manufacturer.

Lizzerd
03-28-05, 10:47 PM
Too tough to pick just one, so I picked atmosphere. It covers everything in one word.

JohnnyQ
03-28-05, 10:52 PM
The $10 dollar hamburgers.

Oh yeah....the turbo's. Spooled up of course. :)

manic mechanic
03-29-05, 12:37 AM
Read posts by:

r2c
Devilmaster
T7
mappy
CC

"What He Said".. :thumbup:

manic

anait
03-29-05, 12:49 AM
I voted cars b/c it's what first caught and catches my eye. But I agree with the whole package option. :thumbup:

Except for the pit babes. ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-29-05, 09:50 AM
Other

Jervis Tetch 1
03-29-05, 12:45 PM
The fact that it's Champ Car and not a crap wagon, and the fact that FTG is not in the series bringing us down.

Ed_Severson
03-29-05, 01:07 PM
Yes.

ncmlj
03-29-05, 06:15 PM
If all the DRIVERS were driving on all Champ Car scheduled TRACKS with a ATMOSPHERE of lets say like Tornonto race, driving a Nascar. I WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED! So I went with CARS! That's what makes the other three come alive. Some people said competition, I feel we have been lacking in that the past three years but, sure is looking good for this year. :D