PDA

View Full Version : CCIC LONG BEACH GRAND PRIX DINNER

ANAYA YATES
03-27-05, 08:21 PM
**NOTIFICATION OF VENUE CHANGE**

CCIC Members 2005 Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner

You are cordially invited to attend the inaugural Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner for CCIC members and their guests

Enjoy the first race of the season with friends, fans and family

Dinner will include:
Chicken kebobs, Steamed vegetables, Beef Satay, Vegetarian Ravioli, Chicken eggrolls, Kids Chicken fingers and fries and non-alcoholic beverage service of soda, coffee or tea.

Date: Saturday April 9, 2005
Time: 6:00 pm
Price: $15 per person (Tax & Gratuity included)
Where: The Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar
6251 East Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA 90803
562-596-4718

Please RSVP no later than Wednesday 4/6/2005
Last minute changes can be accommodated, but please let me know ASAP

Anaya.Yates@Wonderware.com
or
Anaya.Yates@Verizon.net
CCIC Western Regional Coordinator

wood-eye
03-28-05, 03:02 AM
Anaya and anteater have done a great job putting this saturday night event together...if you're not an inner Circle Fan Club member, sign up on the champ Car web site...it's free. Look for discounts on merchandise and trickets thru your membership.

By signing up, you can register for the dinner...we won''t need for you to show anything...just say "yup I'm signed up!"..see you there.

And...we'll have a couple of "insider" Champ Car folks there to answer questions about Champ Car stuff!

Wood-eye
Inner Circle

ANAYA YATES
03-28-05, 07:49 PM
Hello all. This is an update to answer a few questions that have been asked:
Please notify Anaya of the children and ages that will be attending in your party.*There is no charge for 5 years old and under. The charge for children age 6-12 is $10
For other diets, such as Vegan or lactose intolerant, please notify Anaya as to how many in your party so we can accommodate you. I will email you personally with the availability of that type of food
The method of payment preferred is cash when you arrive.
However, credit cards can be used if necessary
If you have not made your RSVP, please do so soon.
We have a maximum occupancy that we can accommodate and your RSVP will guarantee your spot.
Your name will be on the guest list when you arrive.

Thank you,
ANAYA YATES

ANAYA YATES
03-31-05, 06:35 PM
If you have not RSVP'ed, please do so soon. Seats are filling up :D

ANAYA YATES

CART License
04-01-05, 03:02 AM
Yolanda and I will be there...

Anteater
04-02-05, 05:58 PM
Only a week until the Main Event! :thumbup: Although The Gaslamp came highly recommended by the LB Visitors and Conventions Bureau, none of us had seen the restaurant. We paid a visit last night, and were delighted with this remarkable restaurant! It has an elegant yet comfortable atomosphere, and the service is friendly and efficient. We will have our own section in the back of the restaurant, complete with our very own bar. There are a few photos on the restaurant website (which I just found!), but they don't do justice to the place.
http://www.thegaslamprestaurant.com

We ate dinner at the restaurant, being sure to sample the chicken kebobs and the Japanese chicken eggrolls. They were delicious! You can get a decent glass of wine for $6, and there is an extensive selection of martinis and other drinks.

Other pluses:

The "D" Passport bus, which runs between downtown Long Beach and Los Altos, stops right in front of the restaurant; you can see the route on this map:
http://www.lbtransit.com/map.asp?id=87A

It's on the corner where the purple line takes a right off PCH at Loynes. There are Passport schedules on this site, too--the buses run until 1:00 am. This is a boon to those of you who are staying in the area and are concerned about driving, or have no car.

There is a huge patio for smokers, or if you just want to get a breath of fresh air (at 5000 sq. ft., both can be accommodated).

Add all this to the company of your fellow CCIC members and Champ Car people (and you never know who's going to show up ;) ), and you have the makings of a night you will cherish in your fan memories. So please send in your RSVPs and join us!

Oh, and if you have any questions, please ask away.

~Rick and Susan Hess (aka the Anteaters)

CARTNUT
04-02-05, 09:17 PM
The CARTNUTs will be there! Looking forward to a Huge SoCal CCIC Party with all y'all!

(Anaya, I told you 5 last week, we're back to 4 now. Kays friend got a bad progress report and go put on restriction - no LBGP for her, BUMMER. (One less for me to pay for.)

'NUT :gomer:

Anteater
04-03-05, 12:14 PM
Thank you, CART License and CARTNUT! :thumbup: Now, who else?

wood-eye
04-05-05, 02:41 PM
Anaya told me this morning we have over 50 folks signed up for the Saturday dinner.. Billy Kamphausen, Director of Logistics for Champ Car will be there to talk about some "good inside stuff" in Champ Car...Megan Lundgren of Champ Car marketing will answer questions about Inner Circle memberships AND we understand a "mystery guest" (Owner Kevin K.) most likely will be there to talk with fans.....what a night.

If you've not signed up..email Anaya now.

We're looking to have many different Champ Car folks at future dinners to let you know what's going on. We also will have fan forums at each US and Canadian races this year...

Wood-eye

ANAYA YATES
04-06-05, 10:56 AM
There are 18 seats left for dinner on Saturday. Please RSVP by 5PM PT today...Wednesday April 6,2005

ANAYA YATES
:D

ANAYA YATES
04-06-05, 07:55 PM
For those who have not sent me their RSVP, reservations have been called in for the dinner.

If you would still like to come and send me an email RSVP before Saturday, I will be only able to pick up email intemittently. Please be patient.

If I don't respond, find me at the track or show up early at the The Gaslamp so I can add you to the guestlist.

Anaya Yates
CCIC Western Regional Coordinator

Fitti Fan
04-07-05, 12:05 PM
CARTNUT, say hit to Billy K. for me and Rob.

You guys have a great time!!! Wish we could be there!!!

CARTNUT
04-08-05, 11:53 PM
CARTNUT, say hit to Billy K. for me and Rob.

You guys have a great time!!! Wish we could be there!!!

Will do Mar! Wish you guys could be here too. Look for us on TV Sunday. We only got GA tix this year and will prolly be on the bridge overlooking the Turn 1/Turn 6 area.

Have you thawed out yet?

See ya,

Fitti Fan
04-09-05, 12:08 PM
Will do Mar! Wish you guys could be here too. Look for us on TV Sunday. We only got GA tix this year and will prolly be on the bridge overlooking the Turn 1/Turn 6 area.

Have you thawed out yet?

See ya,

Man, hope all of you West Coasters have a great time. Really miss y'all and wish I could be there. Will definitely look for all my champcar buds on t.v. this weekend.

Yep, finally thawed. Have had awesome weather this last week. Will be BBQing for raceday. Although, even if there was snow we'd be BBQing for raceday!!!

Have fun everyone!!!

:)

Fitti Fan
04-10-05, 08:51 PM
Pictures? Comments? Play by play? This Californian is waiting, waiting, waiting!!!

CARTNUT
04-11-05, 08:26 PM
Pictures? Comments? Play by play? This Californian is waiting, waiting, waiting!!!

Just another perfect day in Paradise! :p ('Cept Jeemy didn't win - again! :( )

Railbird
04-11-05, 09:13 PM
Sorry I didn't make it, and sorry if we delayed KK's arrrival at the CCIC dinner, but the Hyatt gathering was just too much of a party to leave early.

Great weekend!

JT265
04-12-05, 11:58 AM
Sorry I didn't make it, and sorry if we delayed KK's arrrival at the CCIC dinner, but the Hyatt gathering was just too much of a party to leave early.

Great weekend!

Ditto. Like he ^^^ said. ;)

Fitti Fan
04-17-05, 12:30 PM
Still waiting for pictures of the Cali gang!

CARTNUT
04-18-05, 01:42 PM
Fitti,

If you want, you can send Mrs. 'NUT a sympathy card.

She came out of the house in hysterics on Friday PM while the boy and I were doing yard work. She had just inadvertantly deleted every one of her vacation pictures and shots of Long Beach (Dinner/Race/etc.) from the #$%%^*&*&%ing digital camera! :cry:

She could use some more hugs!

'NUT :(

indyfan31
04-18-05, 03:06 PM
Well, now that someone else has done it, I can cop to it too. I've done that once or twice, and it hurts every time. So Sorry Mrs. 'Nut.

Fitti Fan
04-19-05, 11:10 AM
Fitti,

If you want, you can send Mrs. 'NUT a sympathy card.

She came out of the house in hysterics on Friday PM while the boy and I were doing yard work. She had just inadvertantly deleted every one of her vacation pictures and shots of Long Beach (Dinner/Race/etc.) from the #$%%^*&*&%ing digital camera! :cry:

She could use some more hugs!

'NUT :(

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs. Ouch!!!! I've always been afraid I'd do that myself!!

Speaking of pictures, I have some negatives I need to get back in the mail. So sorry I've been a loser re: that. Will get them out to you.

BTW, sis is coming to visit this weekend.

ANAYA YATES
04-19-05, 03:34 PM
I haven't had time to upload my pictures yet........this weekend I will do it and NOT erase them.

Hopefully somebody took some pictures for me ;)

ANAYA YATES

Anteater
04-19-05, 08:40 PM
First of all, we want to thank everyone who came to the CCIC Members 2005 Long Beach Grand Prix Dinner--you helped make it the memorable night that it was!

So many wonderful memories, starting with Dave and Linda helping us schlep the PA equipment and party supplies to the restaurant using a luggage cart, with Apex the Cone riding shotgun. :D We had booked a room at the hotel next door before we ever knew about The Gaslamp, which made things pretty easy when it came to setting up for the party. Then there was the fun of decorating the restaurant--the Balloon Committee (Playersfan, Travel Gal, and Ms. Anteater) had some laughs while we mastered the intricacies of proper inflation etc. Then there was the process of checking in all the guests with Anaya--it was so cool to meet everyone!

We were blessed with some terrific speakers at the dinner--Megan from CCIC, Billy Kamphausen, and Kevin Kalkhoven. Kevin showed up with his lovely daughters and girlfriend, warning us that he could only stay about 10 minutes. He and his family then proceeded to visit every single table and chat up the fans, then he got up on the stage and made a gracious speech (by this time his 10 minutes had turned into over an hour). For the grand finale, he posed for a photo with Apex the Cone. He is now #1 in our book--move over, Paul Newman. :thumbup:

All in all, it was a night that exceeded all our expectations! We were pleased and proud to be part of it. Yes, there are photos, but no, we haven't posted them anywhere yet. Heck we haven't even downloaded them yet. Speaking of which, so sorry to hear about Mrs. 'NUT's photo disaster! Hugs from both of us.

~The Anteaters (Susan and Rick)