PDA

View Full Version : Montoya fractures shoulder

oddlycalm
03-27-05, 02:51 PM
Autosport is reporting that Montoya fractured his shoulder playing tennis in Spain over the weekend and is likely out for Bahrain. If McClaren is able to enlarge the cockpit in time, Wurz is set to sub, otherwise de la Rosa.

Guess it coulda happened to anyone. Dangerous game tennis... :gomer:

oc

fourrunner
03-27-05, 03:05 PM
You wonder how committed these guys are to winning the Championship !

Of course who would think that Tennis would put you out of competition, but you do throw your body around a lot if you are playing serious tennis, and you hit the ground at least a few times in an aggressive game.

The F1 Championship is particularly competetive this year, and a quite a few have a shot at it other than Schumacher (finally)

My point is should you be risking hurting yourself playing anything during the season?

I'm sure Montoya's contract has a clause about Sky Diving, Motorcycle Riding, maybe even Speeding in your personal car.... but I highly doubt there's a clause about Tennis !!!

It sure has hurt his chances at the Championship ( If he had any)

I don't think a Driver should just sit in a chair all season, but they should at least stop & think !

Dirty Sanchez
03-27-05, 03:47 PM
If McClaren is able to enlarge the cockpit in time, Wurz is set to sub, otherwise de la Rosa.de la Rosa will sub for Montoya. Wurz will sub for Pedro as their Friday tester... if they can get the car modded.

Methanolandbrats
03-27-05, 03:48 PM
"Autosport is reporting that Montoya fractured his shoulder playing tennis"

Ya, sure he did. Probably had a fit and punched a wall or something.

Ed_Severson
03-27-05, 04:46 PM
If it's a fractured shoulder, I'd say he's likely to miss more races than just Bahrain.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-27-05, 08:30 PM
If it's a fractured shoulder, I'd say he's likely to miss more races than just Bahrain.What Ed said. That could mean missing two or possibly three races.

Cam
03-27-05, 08:50 PM
I'm sure Montoya's contract has a clause about Sky Diving, Motorcycle Riding, maybe even Speeding in your personal car.... but I highly doubt there's a clause about Tennis !!!

He was playing a game against his trainer!

The Colombian hurt his left shoulder while playing tennis with trainer Gerry Convey in Spain on Saturday. His McLaren team has confirmed that he suffered a hairline fracture of the shoulder with some tissue damage after slipping over.

Audi_A4
03-28-05, 12:55 AM
"Autosport is reporting that Montoya fractured his shoulder playing tennis"

Ya, sure he did. Probably had a fit and punched a wall or something.

messed his shoulder up playing tennis .. which means his latina wife caught him cheating and laid the beatdown on him

Sean O'Gorman
03-28-05, 12:56 AM
...with a tennis racket.

pchall
03-28-05, 09:02 PM
Autosport is reporting that Montoya fractured his shoulder playing tennis in Spain over the weekend and is likely out for Bahrain. If McClaren is able to enlarge the cockpit in time, Wurz is set to sub, otherwise de la Rosa.

Guess it coulda happened to anyone. Dangerous game tennis... :gomer:

oc

It must be. But I'm still wondering how Anna Kournikova could get a career ending ankle injury when she spent most of her tennis stardom with her feet in the air.

TrueBrit
03-29-05, 01:35 PM
It must be. But I'm still wondering how Anna Kournikova could get a career ending ankle injury when she spent most of her tennis stardom with her feet in the air.

You say that like it's a bad thing..... :D

Wheel-Nut
03-29-05, 03:19 PM

Got a link!! :D

JohnnyQ
03-31-05, 09:41 PM
Apparently his tennis racket is made by Harley.
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050331/23/a1vt.html

How the hell do you fall on a Harley. It's like riding a sofa down the street.

Mike Kellner
04-01-05, 01:43 PM
Putting all the previous posts together, perhaps his wife caught him playing tennis on the Harley with Anna Kournikova.

mk

TedN
04-23-05, 07:26 PM
Funny pic from Imola.

Ted

http://images.f1racing.net/large/43234.jpg

Dr. Corkski
04-24-05, 03:22 AM
Funny pic from Imola.

Ted

http://images.f1racing.net/large/43234.jpg :rofl: