PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER...Inside

SurfaceUnits
03-25-05, 05:41 AM
Mario will soon voice his support for the indy racing league. With his grandson now in the ladder series and earl now having become cartII, with road courses, he has no more objections to the league. Mario has always been about the preservation of the five hunnert, and even though he doesn't realize that the 500 he loved no longer exists, there is still a race at the end of May for him to support.

Ziggy
03-25-05, 09:13 AM
This also in

Mario and Michael better contemplate Marco buried in the ground before he's twenty. It's not common to consider arrangments for someone this young.

Did they give him a wheel chair for Xmas? A Halo? Drool bucket?

Methanolandbrats
03-25-05, 09:20 AM
F'n nepotistic grape farmer. Right along with Sammich. As soon as all the indy worshipping old-timers stuff their kin into the wall, maybe we can finally quit sucking on a yard of bricks.

KLang
03-25-05, 09:59 AM
I can understand Mario's affection for Indy (I don't share it) but as long as he doesn't start bad-mouthing ChampCar I don't care what he says about the earl.

DagoFast
03-25-05, 11:11 AM
While I think Mario was one of the great drivers of all time, he was one of the first to make it all about the money. Mario will fly to your house and pose for pictures with your dog...if the money is right. He quit openly supporting Champcar when the checks stopped comming. Mario rocks. But only on someone else's dime.

FRANKY
03-25-05, 11:44 AM
Mario will soon voice his support for the indy racing league. With his grandson now in the ladder series and earl now having become cartII, with road courses, he has no more objections to the league. Mario has always been about the preservation of the five hunnert, and even though he doesn't realize that the 500 he loved no longer exists, there is still a race at the end of May for him to support.

Is this true? I know they are running the youngest on the IPS road courses, and tested him at IMS (F-1 course), but I think they skipped the ovals.

Spicoli
03-25-05, 12:05 PM
While I think Mario was one of the great drivers of all time, he was one of the first to make it all about the money. Mario will fly to your house and pose for pictures with your dog...if the money is right. He quit openly supporting Champcar when the checks stopped comming. Mario rocks. But only on someone else's dime.

100% correct sir.

I have no use for him anymore. He's earned his past, but you gotta earn today as well.

JLMannin
03-25-05, 12:27 PM
This also in

Mario and Michael better contemplate Marco buried in the ground before he's twenty. It's not common to consider arrangments for someone this young.

Did they give him a wheel chair for Xmas? A Halo? Drool bucket?

In addition to the home hospise care items above, I think they should do a base line cat scan of his neck and spine so that when he has his big shunts, it won't take three days to "discover" that he has cracked vertebrea.

Racing Truth
03-25-05, 06:25 PM
SOURCE???????

SurfaceUnits
03-25-05, 08:09 PM
My ass! You read it here first.

JohnnyQ
03-27-05, 01:26 PM

Thanks for the info. My dog's been naggin the ***** out of me for a photo shoot with Mario. :gomer:

Hey...I heard Marco spun on his first test lap @ Indy.

Steve99
03-29-05, 06:53 PM
Hey...I heard Marco spun on his first test lap @ Indy.
Yep, and they got more press out of that then the MIPS has got in the past 3 years.

FTG
03-29-05, 07:05 PM
New owners aren't sending Mario a check anymore, so he switches sides. Dumb move, especially with the .1RL on its last legs. You can't make much money selling autographs to empty seats.

SurfaceUnits
03-30-05, 12:54 AM
He's inching closer to the big day

SPT >How has NASCAR done things right as open-wheel racing has struggled?

Mario>NASCAR has maintained stability. Open wheel, with CART you had a group of owners that were totally taken in by greed and egos. The product was excellent, had diversified itself from any other discipline, but the political side is what killed it in so many ways. I think the most damaging part is when they went public with the organization, because then they started focusing on things that were not pertinent to the sport itself. There were business decisions made instead of sporting decisions and they cannot sustain that. And then because of that (Indy Racing League founder) Tony George on the other side decides "I am going to build a better mouse trap." You've got the split and the rest is history.

racer2c
03-30-05, 01:00 AM
He's inching closer to the big day

SPT >How has NASCAR done things right as open-wheel racing has struggled?

Mario>NASCAR has maintained stability. Open wheel, with CART you had a group of owners that were totally taken in by greed and egos. The product was excellent, had diversified itself from any other discipline, but the political side is what killed it in so many ways. I think the most damaging part is when they went public with the organization, because then they started focusing on things that were not pertinent to the sport itself. There were business decisions made instead of sporting decisions and they cannot sustain that. And then because of that (Indy Racing League founder) Tony George on the other side decides "I am going to build a better mouse trap." You've got the split and the rest is history.

:mad:

Fio1
03-30-05, 01:05 AM
They should send Marco to Europe to race real race cars, around real tracks, against real drivers. :rolleyes: Man, it's like Michael Jordan's grandson playing basketball in Italy.... :shakehead

nrc
03-30-05, 01:29 AM
Mario is supposed to co-host Windbag the evening of Long Beach. Give a call and see where he stands.

SurfaceUnits
03-30-05, 06:02 PM
Someone correct me but, wasn't the leegue formed before CART went public

Dr. Corkski
04-11-05, 01:27 AM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7281

Oops. :gomer:

zerO would have been pround of this thread. ;) :rolleyes:

SurfaceUnits
04-11-05, 08:43 AM
the fans have spoken, he said with an air of dejection,,,,,, but you just wait, because we're not worried what the fans think. We know that that we will win in the end....

nrc
04-11-05, 09:59 AM
the fans have spoken, he said with an air of dejection,,,,,, but you just wait, because we're not worried what the fans think. We know that that we will win in the end....

Huh? I didn't read dejection in that at all. If Mario were going to spew Kool Aide he had plenty of opportunty last night. It sounds to me like his heart is still with Champ car but he's keeping peace with this sell-out back-stabber son.

SurfaceUnits
04-11-05, 10:00 AM
Mario is weary of the war. He could end it with one visit to Anton's office and one news conference.

Skater_36
04-11-05, 11:33 AM
Huh? I didn't read dejection in that at all. If Mario were going to spew Kool Aide he had plenty of opportunty last night. It sounds to me like his heart is still with Champ car but he's keeping peace with this sell-out back-stabber son.

That's the way I saw it too. Mario was reacting to a caller that said LB to the IRL was a done deal and he was telling the guy it was far from it. My impression was he wants it to remain a CCWS race.

RichK
04-11-05, 11:40 AM
Mario is weary of the war. He could end it with one visit to Anton's office and one news conference.

I doubt it.

Turn7
04-11-05, 11:47 AM
He could end it with one visit to Anton's office and one news conference.

Mario goes OJ on Anton; Full story at 10.

Either that or a helicopter into the pagoda.:rolleyes: :gomer:

nrc
04-11-05, 11:56 AM

I'd be interested to hear your theory on how he could achieve that.