PDA

View Full Version : Buddy back...

Jervis Tetch 1
03-24-05, 02:01 PM
And he's driving for the "new, improved" Byrd Brothers-Panther Racing.

A friend of mine in the media went there and said it was one of the biggest propaganda moments in I*L history. Well, maybe not the biggest, but from the looks of it no lack of shills.

Some quotes:

"I've been there and it's the best race shop in the world." - Buddy (when describing Panther Racing)

"The winningest team in the I*L, the best power plant in Chevrolet and one of the premier drivers in the world." - J.B. Byrd

Goebbels would be proud.

NismoZ
03-24-05, 02:08 PM
C'mon, the guy actually has a pretty good chance to win. It's the Indy 500, for cryin' out loud. The race OFTEN rewards those who aren't young, swift or smart. We know he's not very young, maybe not so swift anymore, but smart enough to know LUCK can still make him a winner.

JoeBob
03-24-05, 02:10 PM
What other shops has Buddy been hanging around? "Better than Hemelgarn" isn't the highest praise...

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 02:25 PM
What other shops has Buddy been hanging around? "Better than Hemelgarn" isn't the highest praise...

:laugh: What, you haven't seen the "smashing" success with Paul Dana? :rofl:

That said, if Buddy Lazier is as good as IRL old-timers believe (BTW: I also don't believe he's as bad as some here think), then he needs to show it this time. B/c this will be a pretty good situation for him, compared to past years.

lone_groover
03-24-05, 02:30 PM
Sloe Bud is handi-capable!!!

:) :thumbup: :gomer:

Brickman
03-24-05, 02:33 PM
:laugh: What, you haven't seen the "smashing" success with Paul Dana? :rofl:

He's worthless x 2. Warned at lap 24 for being a moving chicane, black flagged at 37.... 37 laps late... bring back Dr. Jack. ;)

Jervis Tetch 1
03-24-05, 02:45 PM
C'mon, the guy actually has a pretty good chance to win. It's the Indy 500, for cryin' out loud. The race OFTEN rewards those who aren't young, swift or smart. We know he's not very young, maybe not so swift anymore, but smart enough to know LUCK can still make him a winner.Sorry, I've never rated Buddy that high. I guess it goes back to the days when he was "technically" in CART. I'd still put an * by his '96 win anytime.

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 02:46 PM
He's worthless x 2. Warned at lap 24 for being a moving chicane, black flagged at 37.... 37 laps late... bring back Dr. Jack. ;)

The man, the myth, the legend. ;) :gomer:

lone_groover
03-24-05, 02:55 PM
Just got an anonymous phone call. Party on the other side said:

"Buddy's back YAAAAAAYY!!!"

Then hung up.

:confused:

mapguy
03-24-05, 03:05 PM
Just got an anonymous phone call. Party on the other side said:

"Buddy's back YAAAAAAYY!!!"

Then hung up.

:confused:

Sorry 'groover. I got carried away with myself. I forgot to ask what colors he'll be running. I want to paint my short-bus for our annual Buddy-L pilgrimage to the old Speedplant.

:gomer:

KLang
03-24-05, 03:09 PM
I'm getting older and my memory probably isn't what it used to be but didn't Buddy suck back in the CART glory days?

lone_groover
03-24-05, 03:10 PM
Just don't make it "CANARY SUNSHINE". We don't want Eunice Shriver and those other killjoys on our case.

:saywhat:

Jervis Tetch 1
03-24-05, 03:19 PM
I'm getting older and my memory probably isn't what it used to be but didn't Buddy suck back in the CART glory days?I'm getting old with you.

Yes, he did suck in the CART glory days.

Spicoli
03-24-05, 03:24 PM
This just in! Week 3 winners of the all you can eat buffet for a year of fatty crap:

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/images/jamiefields.jpg

They look amazed and proud!

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/PictureFolder/sur352web.jpg

you cannot make this **** up people... :shakehead

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/index.1.jpg

JoeBob
03-24-05, 04:12 PM
Well, if there's a photo better suited for the caption, "I'm not just the president, I'm also a customer" I don't know what it would be.

Turn7
03-24-05, 04:45 PM
What is in that glass? Antifreeze?

RichK
03-24-05, 04:47 PM
What is in that glass? Antifreeze?

That's the mandatory urine sample for the contest winners. They don't want any cheating.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-24-05, 05:12 PM
Well, if there's a photo better suited for the caption, "I'm not just the president, I'm also a customer" I don't know what it would be.
That was too much! :rofl: :thumbup:

racer2c
03-24-05, 05:18 PM
The 'winners' look like they're pissed they haven't been given their trough plates yet.

Turn7
03-24-05, 05:37 PM
Slo Bud = Stroker Ace

Check out the chicken in the team logo....
http://www.espn950.com/index_files/image002.gif

rabbit
03-24-05, 05:38 PM
Slo Bud = Stroker Ace

:rofl:

Spicoli
03-24-05, 06:13 PM
Slo Bud = Stroker Ace

you have got to be ****ing kidding me.

How in the world ...? Oh jeebus.

something tells me its some gomer working the buffet line came up with that.

*you just can't make this **** up people..*

Methanolandbrats
03-24-05, 06:19 PM
Looks like all the Gomers use Paintbrush for Graphics cause it comes bundled with their puters'

pchall
03-24-05, 08:36 PM
It would be pretty funny if Buddy Lazier was the first and the last wiener of the IRL 497.5 during the Vision™ Thang years...

JohnnyQ
03-24-05, 10:46 PM
And he's driving for the "new, improved" Byrd Brothers-Panther Racing.

A friend of mine in the media went there and said it was one of the biggest propaganda moments in I*L history. Well, maybe not the biggest, but from the looks of it no lack of shills.

Some quotes:

"I've been there and it's the best race shop in the world." - Buddy (when describing Panther Racing)

"The winningest team in the I*L, the best power plant in Chevrolet and one of the premier drivers in the world." - J.B. Byrd

Goebbels would be proud.

Of course it's the best shop in the world. The best autobody shop. That friggin Scheckter runs a wall every race.

pchall
03-24-05, 11:11 PM
I'm getting older and my memory probably isn't what it used to be but didn't Buddy suck back in the CART glory days?

Buddy defined "major suckage" back then. All his daddy's money and they couldn't even figure out how to buy him a good ride. And he couldn't do a Paul Tracy in a bad one...

Hot Rod Otis
03-24-05, 11:24 PM
WGAF :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Spicoli
03-24-05, 11:30 PM
WGAF :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

\
:thumbup:

turn up the KASABIAN.

RusH
03-24-05, 11:34 PM
What does Charles Manson have to do with Buddy. :eek:

Spicoli
03-25-05, 12:09 AM
f

Found on dumbweb:

Yeah, the Byrds and Panther Racing.

What do they know ?h

well....

JohnHKart
03-25-05, 07:01 AM

But he was with the worst teams in the business.....crap! But at the same time, like when Mark Webber drove Minardis, I think the top teams know when a star is in crap equipment (like Paul Tracy at Dale Coyne in Long Beach, April, 91 or Pruett with Dick Simon in LB in April, 88) so perhaps Buddy as a driver sucked as well, as no teams came knocking.

John

Ziggy
03-25-05, 09:11 AM
ya think?

Don't you have a Cup Race to tape?

Racewriter
03-25-05, 01:33 PM

Jonathan Byrd suffered a stroke late last year, and is in a nursing home in Greenwood. From what I hear, it's doubtful that he will make a full recovery. He's only in his 50s, I understand.

Given the pain that his family is feeling (which transcends this stupid split bull****), would it be OK if we didn't make fun of the man?

rabbit
03-25-05, 01:37 PM
Jonathan Byrd suffered a stroke late last year, and is in a nursing home in Greenwood. From what I hear, it's doubtful that he will make a full recovery. He's only in his 50s, I understand.

Given the pain that his family is feeling (which transcends this stupid split bull****), would it be OK if we didn't make fun of the man?Didn't know that. :(

Spicoli
03-25-05, 03:07 PM

Given the pain that his family is feeling (which transcends this stupid split bull****), would it be OK if we didn't make fun of the man?

Not really. When you put yourself out on the web, and make a dumbass website like that, you're game.

people make fun of me all the time, and i get sick sometimes. :gomer:

sorry for the dooder, sure. but "take it all back"? uh, no.

IMHO - of course.

JT265
03-25-05, 03:50 PM

Probably. However, if the poor bastard had a stroke, this should be held as a cautionary tale for those at the all you can eat line in his beanery.

Racewriter
03-26-05, 12:07 PM
Not really. When you put yourself out on the web, and make a dumbass website like that, you're game.

people make fun of me all the time, and i get sick sometimes. :gomer:

sorry for the dooder, sure. but "take it all back"? uh, no.

IMHO - of course.

You do realize that there's a difference between real life and this forum jackassery, don't you? :shakehead

nrc
03-26-05, 01:00 PM
Have the "Byrd Brothers" always been involved along with Byrd himself? Is this a check from Tony to the family in appreciation for years of service? The gomers love to talk about how the Hulmans take care of their loyal soldiers.

FRANKY
03-26-05, 01:41 PM
You do realize that there's a difference between real life and this forum jackassery, don't you? :shakehead

He can be a funny little guy, but in this case it's funny in a pathetic way.

Yes I think Tony's dollars are taking care of the Byrds and making 33 the number to easily meet.

Spicoli
03-26-05, 01:48 PM
Have the "Byrd Brothers" always been involved along with Byrd himself? Is this a check from Tony to the family in appreciation for years of service? The gomers love to talk about how the Hulmans take care of their loyal soldiers.

Not sure, but the Byrd family does have some major coin. They own a bunch of hotels out west, and other stuff. They're not biggie rich like KK or GF or even FTG, but they have money for sure. The cafeteria place is usually jam packed by the fatasses from many counties over. Ihave a real *personal* issue with folks that are that big and fat, and feel the need to go to an all you can eat trough after a long hard day of sittin and watchin TV. :gomer:

Loyal soldiers? You betcha. These tubbies are first generation Gomerti.

Spicoli
03-26-05, 01:50 PM

You brought it up. You want symnpathy? Go post up on TF.

Oh, that's right, you already do.
:gomer:

Racewriter
03-26-05, 02:04 PM

David has been involved for a number of years, and I'm not sure about JBII's length of involvement.

Hulmans take care of their loyal soldiers? Nonsense. There are plenty of people who would attest to the exact opposite. Start with Carl Hungness and work out from there. I'm pretty sure that this is Byrd money doing the deal, with perhaps some help from Chevy.

rabbit
03-26-05, 02:10 PM
Just walk away dude, just walk away...

theunions
03-26-05, 07:10 PM

Recall that before the Cafeteria (in other words, the Rich Vogler years), Jonathan was a KFC franchisee.

JohnHKart
03-27-05, 08:22 AM
ya think?

Don't you have a Cup Race to tape?

Yeah well if CART started in March like they did forever I wouldn't be watching Cup.

John