PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Coverage.

Kiwifan
03-22-05, 03:36 AM
Confirmed today, there will be no New Zealand coverage of Champ Cars this year as they are running with NASCAR and the IRL as Scott Dixon is listed in the latter Series.

I've gone past being angry. To everyone associated in any way with CART, Champ Cars or OWRS whether you are in management, Team, Forums, Tracks, Sponsors or whatever, thanks for the memories.

To say that I've have loved the sport with a passion would be an understatement. I'll still follow on the net of course, I'll go to Surfers ;) but it won't be the same. That sad hollow feeling is taking over. Sigh. To everyone who can get coverage, ENJOY and spare a thought for us Downunder, it was good while it lasted.

Rusty.

krunch
03-22-05, 03:48 AM
Thanks Rusty for confirming what I already suspected.

But what do ya do?
They say the Champcars aren't rating but yet who watches the same Nascar race 3 times in the day and a half after it is run?

Feeling a bit robbed here but what do you do?

Guess mabe we should have pleaded our case in the off-season but then maybe it had already been decided...

I'm off to Oz for the Superbikes next week and will be now arranging for someone to tape the races over there for me and I'll make sure no-one who wants to see these races will miss out!

:flame: :flame: :D :cool:

Robstar
03-22-05, 07:09 PM
That sucks... :thumdown:

Steve99
03-23-05, 04:36 PM
So Australia has coverage but New Zealand doesn't?

Methanolandbrats
03-23-05, 05:19 PM
So Australia has coverage but New Zealand doesn't? I thought they were the same thing :gomer:

oddlycalm
03-23-05, 06:29 PM
Really sorry to hear that Rusty. :( Kalkovan & company need to pay attention to this, and I would urge you to write to CCWS directly. Getting dropped in a English speaking market is not is certainly not in their best interest. Once they fall off the radar screen it's going to be that much harder to get back on again. At this point there is not much doubt that CCWS will rebuild Champcar into a going concern again, but the process will be slow and not witout pain.

oc

Kiwifan
03-24-05, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up oc, appreciate it mate. :thumbup: Thought there may have been more support for us, being Champ Car fans but my wife is always telling me I expect too much. ;)

I agree that once Champ Car falls away it will be very hard to get back. I have written to SKY NZ and OWRS. The former have not taken up the Series rights and I haven't heard back from the latter.

I put foward my case that I believe that the IRL is a lesser Series watched by few and attended by fewer. lol. As for NASCAR RACIN'!, well their own promo is all about the rubbin' and wreckin'. Racing indeed. Bah humbug.

Once again, thanks mate.

Rusty.

PS, Meth, you'll keep mate! ;)