Spicoli
03-21-05, 05:48 PM
Welcome to last week.

trying to be relevant again i see....
:shakehead

JT265
03-21-05, 06:01 PM
:laugh:

Yep. Mrs. Fat Carl needs a talkin' to. Maybe Billy Clinton can coach FC in the many uses of an unlit cigar.

IS IT LAST WEEK AGAIN?!?!?!? :D

Racing Truth
03-21-05, 06:22 PM
trying to be relevant again i see....

Can you feel the love in this room? :laugh: :gomer:

That said, no big surprise, and I look for SeaBass to be super compettitive.

Mr. Vengeance
03-21-05, 06:37 PM
I wonder if Newman managed to get his name removed from this one...

Sorry Carl, but I hope both of your cars have engine problems at the drop of the green.

sundaydriver2
03-21-05, 06:42 PM
Like that sack of crap needs the money. :shakehead

When is that idiot going to realize that Indy is a race that nobody cares about anymore.

Railbird
03-21-05, 07:03 PM
Did a little checking around tonight, so far it's only a one car deal.

Junky is the assumed driver.

Ziggy
03-21-05, 07:36 PM
Why don't they get a real coiled snake like Jack Lazier, or Robbie MaGeeHeeHee?

:rofl:

Turn7
03-21-05, 07:37 PM
Honda trains don't let hobo's jump on.

FCYTravis
03-21-05, 07:38 PM
I'm seeing a Grapes of Wrath moment here :D

pchall
03-21-05, 08:18 PM
What? No Haas entry for Donnie Beechler? :cry:

KobySon
03-21-05, 09:00 PM
wtf? I thought this wasn't going to happen. Didn't Newman put an end to this? :confused:

Methanolandbrats
03-21-05, 09:11 PM
wtf? I thought this wasn't going to happen. Didn't Newman put an end to this? :confused: Nope, he's got the turd chomper on a short leash, but he can't control him.

KobySon
03-21-05, 10:09 PM
btw - sorry for "being in last week". between work and pregnant wifey, I've been having trouble keeping up.

NismoZ
03-22-05, 10:02 AM
Nah, 2 cars, both Pacificare. No McDonalds. Bourdais was upset at being left out last year, Pacificare agreed, gave Haas more "incentive" (the kind he most easily understands) and said "do two!" So much for the "not enough room at the shop" for a 3rd champCar entry. :) And, to counter other opinions, I hope they finish 1-2! You'd rather see Penske/Hornish or maybe one of those 8 Cosworths win? Would they be called turncoats as well? You want to see all the Cosworths blow up? Smart, right up ther alongside those who are actually pleased when a driver gets hurt. :shakehead

RaceGrrl
03-22-05, 10:16 AM
Oh please. It's ridiculous to say that people who don't want CCWS teams competing at Indy are the same as gomers looking forward to the big crash.

ChampCar should have established a rule making participation in IRL races off-limits. I hate it that they won't do that- it just gives legitimacy to FTG. If a team owner wants to race at Indy so much, let them race the IRL full time. I hate this two-timing crap.

pchall
03-22-05, 10:25 AM
... ChampCar should have established a rule making participation in IRL races off-limits. I hate it that they won't do that- it just gives legitimacy to FTG. If a team owner wants to race at Indy so much, let them race the IRL full time. I hate this two-timing crap.

I agree. As fun as it was to watch Montoya and his grandmother and then Castroneves whip up on the Little Sisters of the Poor Racing League, that set a bad precedent and created the opening (i.e., Ganassi's and Penske's blackhole billfolds) that Honda and Toyota poured the ¥¥¥ into that broke up CART.

Stop it. Stop it now.

Ed_Severson
03-22-05, 10:29 AM
ChampCar should have established a rule making participation in IRL races off-limits.

In my heart, I agree with you completely.

But this isn't the right time to do it. When we've got 25 cars on the grid and we can afford to piss off an owner or two, go for it. Until then, we have to act like adults.

Mr. Vengeance
03-22-05, 11:06 AM
You'd rather see Penske/Hornish or maybe one of those 8 Cosworths win?

Does Joe gomer in the seats know that they're built by Cosworth? Nope. They're Chebbies. I really don't care who finishes where; I just hope Carl doesn't get rewarded for helping this race off of it's knees.

Would they be called turncoats as well? You want to see all the Cosworths blow up?

They're Chebbies, and no, I don't care.

Smart, right up ther alongside those who are actually pleased when a driver gets hurt. :shakehead

Watch your mouth. That's a ridiculous leap you're taking there.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-22-05, 12:14 PM
In my heart, I agree with you completely.

But this isn't the right time to do it. When we've got 25 cars on the grid and we can afford to piss off an owner or two, go for it. Until then, we have to act like adults.I agree.

NismoZ
03-22-05, 12:28 PM
And I ALSO agree, but that's not the way things are now...Pardon me for not wishing bad things on others...and you BET that was a ridiculous leap, I'm glad you understood the intent, because Joe Gomer exists. I've read his stuff on these forums and you have too. As far as the engines were concerned I was just having trouble separating the attitude of those who want Haas to fail and how they might feel toward Kevin Kalkhoven's role. Heck, personally, the only thing better than a Bourdais/Bruno sweep would be if they WERE powered by a Chebby. (You actually CARE about the Gomer perception on that? Might hasten the exit strategy of a couple of OTHER mfgrs. too!) I think your deep hatred of everything Indy, is NOT shared by many of those you follow in ChampCar, from drivers to owners and Sponsors.

Mr. Vengeance
03-22-05, 12:37 PM
I think your deep hatred of everything Indy, is NOT shared by many of those you follow in ChampCar, from drivers to owners and Sponsors.

Where did I say I "hate Indy"?

I don't hate Indy. I do however harbour a seething hatred for Tony George, and it's my deepest wish to see him fail in grand and public fashion.

Which is why this "Carl's big Adventure" stuff pisses me off. Stay away for a year, maybe two, and go back when it's resurrected as a race that actually means something.

RaceGrrl
03-22-05, 01:34 PM
I don't hate Indy- quite the contrary. I hate what Tony George did to Indy. I hate what the traitors did to prop it up and in turn prop up the IRL. I hate it that the race that was once the greatest spectacle is now the biggest joke.

Teams racing at Indy while participating in CART was a terrible idea. It's still a terrible idea. I'm with Ed on this one. We're not in a position of strength right now, so you just hope that the CCWS drivers don't end up injured or worse.

G.
03-22-05, 02:42 PM
I know nothing about Haas' team businesswise...

If the $ponsor says, thou shalt be at Indy, then guess what? You'll be there. If Pacificare sez, "here's a jillion dollars and oh, BTW, what are you doing in May?" what's your alternative? Blank Sidepods?

I loved it when the bad boys from CART went over to the EARL500 and beyoch-slapped FTG, but that was from a CART position of strength.

I would MUCH rather have FTG miss 33 by, say, I dunno, 22, so I guess I'm in the ride-the-storm-out crowd.

Spicoli
03-22-05, 02:46 PM
honda is paying the tab, not pacificare (or to any significant degree).

this is a honda deal.

Mr. Vengeance
03-22-05, 03:07 PM
One more reason to hope the engine sprays itself onto the ground.

nrc
03-22-05, 03:11 PM
I know nothing about Haas' team businesswise...

If the $ponsor says, thou shalt be at Indy, then guess what? You'll be there. If Pacificare sez, "here's a jillion dollars and oh, BTW, what are you doing in May?" what's your alternative? Blank Sidepods?

I doubt that Pacificare or McDonalds are pressuring Haas to go to Indy. Those are most likely Paul Newman sponsors. Haas wants to go to pick up some spare Yen.

Spicoli
03-22-05, 03:15 PM
bingo.

G.
03-22-05, 03:45 PM
Ok, Then I respectfully request that my post be edited to state, "I know nothing about Haas' team businesswise..."

Then stop. :gomer: :laugh:

(I likes the learnin' stuff that I get from these here parts)

cart7
03-22-05, 05:28 PM
I used to root for the Cart entrants in 2000, 01 and 02 but now, I really wish they weren't wasting their time there. :shakehead

Steve99
03-22-05, 06:43 PM
So Haas wants some of the Honda Yen. The same Yen Honda used last year to try to pull the rug out from under CCWS. :flame:

NismoZ
03-22-05, 06:53 PM
OK, Understood and agreed, Indy and FTG are not the same. When I said "Indy" I think I meant FTG anyway, sorry for not being more clear there. So, do I understand, then, that some attitudes here subscribe to that old adage from my lost youth that told us "we had to destroy the village in order to save it." ? I don't know, I think perhaps beating the hell out of the bad guy in his own yard and fighting by his own rules does less to prop him up than expose his weakness. I could be wrong, of course. So, when do we attack Kalkhoven and Cosworth for helping to perpetuate a failed idea? Or is that different?

NismoZ
03-22-05, 07:07 PM
Oh, and I believe Haas wants to go to Indy to win the race. No ulterior motives at all. Honda yen? ANY positive cash flow that results from a victory would be greatly appreciated by him AND his sponsors. I believe he and Pacificare are in business to succeed. My understanding is McDonalds is not involved, the push for the 2nd car came directly from Pacificare and they are funding it. If Honda is involved to any great degree with direct financial help I can't imagine Haas, saying "no thanks."

JT265
03-22-05, 07:10 PM
"So, when do we attack Kalkhoven and Cosworth for helping to perpetuate a failed idea? Or is that different?"

They took over a co. that had contracts with Chev. Big difference.

And how is FatCarl gonna win, except for the yen? Is he gonna win like PT did in 2002, only to have Mumbles steal it away?

RichK
03-22-05, 07:12 PM
Is he gonna win like PT did in 2002, only to have Mumbles steal it away?

I hope that is exactly what happens. It would serve him right.

Mr. Vengeance
03-22-05, 07:17 PM
So, do I understand, then, that some attitudes here subscribe to that old adage from my lost youth that told us "we had to destroy the village in order to save it." ?

In this case we need to destroy the village idiot in order to save the village.

I don't know, I think perhaps beating the hell out of the bad guy in his own yard and fighting by his own rules does less to prop him up than expose his weakness.

That's been done already, and the net effect was teams moving to the IRL.

I could be wrong, of course. So, when do we attack Kalkhoven and Cosworth for helping to perpetuate a failed idea? Or is that different?

Another few months and that won't be a concern, will it? Should Kalkhoven have broken contracts? Should Cosworth not have taken the opportunity to profit from an engine they had built but never used?

NismoZ
03-22-05, 07:23 PM
:D No, actually I'd like to see both of his guys lap the field, then slow to line up for a LeMans "formation finish" so close that FTG would have to choose the winner! (The faster qualifier would win, right?) :cool: Thanks for the feedback, but I just can't see that Haas is doing anything wrong, just something unpopular with some of you.

NismoZ
03-22-05, 07:34 PM
I like and agree with your village idiot comment, but recognizing that the result of beating the idiot repeatedly has only led to defections, are you saying perhaps he DID have a valid idea? Kinda like maybe people around the world shouldn't be exposed to democracy, they might LIKE it!? And I won't argue what you say about Cosworth, I agree...but if the boss felt like some of you he'd pull the plug on the Indy program because he hates FTG so much. (I guess he thinks continuing is good business? So must Haas.)

Mr. Vengeance
03-22-05, 08:07 PM
I like and agree with your village idiot comment, but recognizing that the result of beating the idiot repeatedly has only led to defections, are you saying perhaps he DID have a valid idea?

Well, I think Honda and Toyota *may* have (at one time) felt that he had a valid idea, or at least the foundation for something that they could put their own stamp on when CART died; but I don't equate the defections of teams to any brilliance on the part of Tony George.

I don't believe that those teams left because of an "agreement with the vision"; rather they left because (among other reasons) they were made "an offer they couldn't refuse".

CART soldiering on as Champ Car has screwed up their plans, it would seem.

Spicoli
03-22-05, 09:07 PM
Did a little checking around tonight, so far it's only a one car deal.

Junky is the assumed driver.

Wrong again pal.

speedtv confirms 2 cars.

:gomer:

(Its OK, you;re good at other stuff. ;) )

pchall
03-22-05, 09:20 PM
...but if the boss felt like some of you he'd pull the plug on the Indy program because he hates FTG so much.

KK is a good businessman and knows the costs incurred by breaking a contract. Why would he jeopardize the reputation and perhaps the future solvency of Cosworth by do so?

I really doubt that the purchase of Cosworth was made for reasons of racing politics and chance of disrupting the IRL engine supply? That would be too much like the machinations of Little Lord Sagamore, and we all know how well that attempt was received, right?

fourrunner
03-22-05, 09:34 PM
KK is a good businessman and knows the costs incurred by breaking a contract. Why would he jeopardize the reputation and perhaps the future solvency of Cosworth by do so?

I really doubt that the purchase of Cosworth was made for reasons of racing politics and chance of disrupting the IRL engine supply? That would be too much like the machinations of Little Lord Sagamore, and we all know how well that attempt was received, right?

Yup

Kevin & Jerry have respect for money, and unlike Tony George who doesn't know the value of it or how hard it is to come by, they would not purchase something with the ultimate thought of shutting it down, and putting hundred's of people out of work

Only a Human Turd like Tony George would think of something like that

Even the goofballs at TF admit that Tony just has money to burn, and will throw it away for ten years with little possibilty of getting it back

I remember a few years ago Tony had a waitress fired from a Restaurant because of some insignificant infraction she did in performing her job, and had the misfortune of getting the George Table, filled with reprobates and sycophants!

nrc
03-22-05, 10:06 PM
A three or four week trip to the far east during May would be just the thing to put a fork in this nonsense once and for all.

pchall
03-22-05, 11:18 PM
Beijing and Hokkaido would just about take care of that.

Methanolandbrats
03-22-05, 11:21 PM
I remember a few years ago Tony had a waitress fired from a Restaurant because of some insignificant infraction she did in performing her job, and had the misfortune of getting the George Table, filled with reprobates and sycophants! He really did that? What a faucker. When I thought I could'nt hate him any more, up comes reason #563. :mad:

SteveH
03-22-05, 11:27 PM
True story, I think she messed up his eggs. :laugh:

dando
03-22-05, 11:31 PM
I used to root for the Cart entrants in 2000, 01 and 02 but now, I really wish they weren't wasting their time there. :shakehead

Amen. After FTG stole the win from PT, winning Indy became meaningless.

EDIT: Let 'em waste their time....Carl obviously feels like he got left out when the C^RT guys showed FTG who's the best. I just hope the N/H guys don't get hurt in those deathtraps.

-Kevin

RusH
03-22-05, 11:34 PM
Amen. After FTG stole the win from PT, winning Indy was meaningless.

-Kevin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/dfabi/Album2/Album3/500.gif

Methanolandbrats
03-22-05, 11:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/dfabi/Album2/Album3/500.gif Ding, Ding..........this is the correct answer.....it don't mean **** anymore.

NismoZ
03-22-05, 11:54 PM
pchall...thankfully you are correct. That's why I said "if..." I'm happy the program continues and as I said a Chevworth victory wouldn't upset me at all. And...I was dozing early in the Sun. AM, but didn't I see a Cosworth run down a couple of Ferraris and pull away, or was that just a dream? :confused:

Spicoli
03-23-05, 07:24 PM
2 cars, 1 driver.

frogger says no. :)

Railbird
03-23-05, 08:45 PM
WHAT?

RusH
03-24-05, 10:19 AM
http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2455/junqueira022qb.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
03-24-05, 11:39 AM
The sad thing is, that's probably his picture from the Champ Car site too. :rofl:

KobySon
03-24-05, 12:32 PM
The sad thing is, that's probably his picture from the Champ Car site too. :rofl:

no, this is the sad picture of him from the champcar website:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20040517P_0001.jpg

:thumdown:

NismoZ
03-24-05, 02:01 PM
Sad for some, perhaps, but not for Bruno, Haas or PacifiCare, if they win. On the other hand if they both "make contact" and chip a vertebra or something I wonder who Carl has in mind to sub the rest of the CC season?

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 02:20 PM
2 cars, 1 driver.

frogger says no. :)

REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY?

'Cause I'm pretty sure "frogger" said something to the effect that he wants to do it at some point. Does he no longer want to, or just not this year?

Or could you be wrong? :gomer: ;) ;)

Methanolandbrats
03-24-05, 02:30 PM
REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY?

'Cause I'm pretty sure "frogger" said something to the effect that he wants to do it at some point. Does he no longer want to, or just not this year?

Or could you be wrong? :gomer: ;) ;) Looking at the potential field, I'd say "not this year" might be a good choice for safety reasons.

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 02:39 PM
Looking at the potential field, I'd say "not this year" might be a good choice for safety reasons.

Well, yeah, you could have Mayer, Foyt IV, Special Ed Carbender, Dana, and Matsuura in their, so that is a valid point.

If he gets in, Dana will get lapped, oh, every 10 minutes or so.

Spicoli
03-24-05, 03:19 PM
REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY?

Or could you be wrong? :gomer: ;) ;)

blinky:

second is a place too! :gomer:

I don;t like newman haas. i will hate on them this year. turncoat fence sitting yensuckers.

Methanolandbrats
03-24-05, 03:23 PM
If he gets in, Dana will get lapped, oh, every 10 minutes or so. If he gets in? Ya mean he might not survive the cut on bump day? :D

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 03:31 PM
If he gets in? Ya mean he might not survive the cut on bump day? :D

Current numbers suggest it IS POSSIBLE. Problem is, are some of these rides contingent on no bumping at all?

My guess is some are contingent on that point, and that we'll see no bumping, again. That said, 33 (though "just a number" :rolleyes: ) doesn't appear to be a problem this year.

Railbird
03-24-05, 05:24 PM
Or could you be wrong?

Oh hell no, never a chance of Spicoli being wrong.

Just ask him.

But. this year's Haas "effort" is the discount version of lasts with no hired guns like McGee and Wardrop, just a freebie Honda and an old tub.

Bolt in the Blinkster and go lift a few bucks from the grandson.

Spicoli
03-24-05, 05:34 PM

Just ask him.

But. this year's Haas "effort" is the discount version of lasts with no hired guns like McGee and Wardrop, just a freebie Honda and an old tub.

2 cars: not wrong.

1 driver: wrong.

uits just the innernet. :gomer:

AHahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

P.S: AARP meeting at 6! free cookies!

:bigrun:

:D

Racing Truth
03-24-05, 06:01 PM

Just ask him.

So, no Frogger? Just Blinky?

Spicoli
03-24-05, 06:11 PM
So, no Frogger? Just Blinky?

Blinkus Maximus!

FRANKY
03-24-05, 07:57 PM
2 cars: not wrong.

1 driver: wrong.

uits just the innernet. :gomer:

AHahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

P.S: AARP meeting at 6! free cookies!

:bigrun:

Spunky little character ain't he? :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-24-05, 08:53 PM
2 cars, 1 driver each, same sponsor, both.

Spicoli
03-24-05, 11:33 PM
2 cars, 1 driver each, same sponsor, both.

:beer:

<stopconfucing us. white girls.>>

http://idealcopy.american-data.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/large/MUKillers-MrBrighside02.jpg

Ziggy
03-25-05, 09:17 AM
Ok, one of the drivers is Ronnie Bucknum's kid :gomer:

JohnnyQ
03-25-05, 09:41 AM
http://img117.exs.cx/img117/2455/junqueira022qb.jpg

And here I thought Bruno was a drip. Judging from this picture he could un-seat Kneifel the clown.

Spicoli
03-25-05, 11:15 AM

Spunky little character ain't he? :thumbup:

Yessireebobcattail!

its just fun.
:cool:

JT265
03-25-05, 02:45 PM
Dear SpaaCoLi,

Don't be hatin' on the Newman part of the NH dealio. PLN ain't got no yen for Indy.

Sincerely, JT

Spicoli
03-25-05, 03:06 PM
Dear SpaaCoLi,

Don't be hatin' on the Newman part of the NH dealio. PLN ain't got no yen for Indy.

Sincerely, JT

Yessirree.

We <heart> PLN, biitch.
:thumbup:

Racing Truth
03-25-05, 06:21 PM
I'm probably just dense here :gomer: , but, uh, "I confused." :confused:

1. Is it a one or two-car deal?

2. Speculation/pontification aside, do we know a) that Bourdais won't be running this, and if so b) why not?

Spicoli
03-25-05, 09:00 PM
Yes. and Yes.

Spicoli
03-25-05, 09:29 PM
well, ****.

3/23 IndyRacingWeekly: Newman-Haas will bring Bruno Junqueira and Sebastien Bourdais to the Indy 500, Buddy Lazier and Jaques Lazier are confirmed

:gomer:

Now waht's up?

SurfaceUnits
03-25-05, 10:54 PM
woohoo, that's two more tickets sold right there. better start adding more seating capacity to the ole brickyard.