PDA

View Full Version : Attention NZ Champar fans.

krunch
03-20-05, 10:02 PM
Was looking at the CCWS site to see if there was mention of coverage here and found it a little confusing.

All it says is NZ and Australian coverage on Channnel 10.
No mention of Skytv.
Does anyone know if we get the races here again this year or are we going to have to organise another barrage of emails to
Sky?

Kiwifan
03-21-05, 04:49 AM
Hi krunch, where ya been mate?

I went to the official site like you and thought I'd have to move to Aussie if I was to see my favorite series on TV again. We can't get Channel 10 here yet. ;)

Wrote to SKY asking/pleading for information but no reply as yet. :( To think that we "used to" have the best coverage in the World. Frig you TG and Frig you ESPN! :mad: I see the latter is highlighting Poker as a sport. I have no problems with people watching or playing poker but compared to Champ Cars? Come on. :shakehead

Take care buddy and if I get a reply I'll let you know. Coincidently when I was doing the pit walk in Surfers I got talking to a lovely young lady from OWRS who said SKY NZ was one of the best companies they dealt with over Television Rights.

Rusty.

Kiwifan
03-21-05, 10:17 PM
Mate, I dunno what to say. Got an email back from SKY and they have not taken up the coverage this year due to falling ratings since the departure of Scott Dixon. :mad: :cry:

Do you know what I find funny? They are going to run with Nascar and the IRL. Now if that isn't a racing oxymoron I don't know what is. American Tintop Oval Racing! Wow! That's gotta be popular here in NZ! And they Indy Racing League, man I hear that's real popular in the States, you should see the crowds they're getting.

To all of my friends on the forums, people I've known for years, I'm sorry for the rant and sarcasm but I'm really sad, gutted even and pissed.

Rusty, out.