PDA

View Full Version : Nice first win for Carl Edwards

EDwardo
03-20-05, 06:08 PM
Passed JJ at the finish line. Awesome! :)

DaveL
03-20-05, 06:12 PM
He's that damn good. I'm happy for him. Success stories like Edwards is why NASCAR is #1 in this country. I look forward to watching him for years to come :thumbup:

Peter Venkman
03-20-05, 06:14 PM
Excellent drive, and he has what it takes.

dando
03-20-05, 06:14 PM
He's that damn good. I'm happy for him. Success stories like Edwards is why NASCAR is #1 in this country. I look forward to watching him for years to come :thumbup:
I just hope he's around for years to come....dude almost did a header doing that back flip off the car. :saywhat: Nice weekend for the him. :thumbup:

-Kevin

trish
03-20-05, 06:15 PM
He seems like a great guy. Very humble.

Sean O'Gorman
03-20-05, 06:16 PM
I was more impressed that he didn't lose it coming off of T2 with 7 laps to go! Now that is car control that puts the drifters to shame.

Now just imagine how much more popular open wheel racing would be if the team owners in Champ Car or IRL had the dedication to finding drivers like Carl that Roush does...

dando
03-20-05, 06:32 PM
Now just imagine how much more popular open wheel racing would be if the team owners in Champ Car or IRL had the dedication to finding drivers like Carl that Roush does...

Say what you will about NASCAB, but Roush is one cool cat...he was even under the hood last weekend trying to help fix Martin's car. :thumbup:

-Kevin

JohnnyQ
03-20-05, 07:25 PM
I was more impressed that he didn't lose it coming off of T2 with 7 laps to go! Now that is car control that puts the drifters to shame.

You said it.

Racewriter
03-20-05, 07:26 PM
Say what you will about NASCAB, but Roush is one cool cat...he was even under the hood last weekend trying to help fix Martin's car. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Yep.

Of course, when you figure Jack earned his first national notoriety racing a 4-door Maverick in NHRA, he's got something going on...:D:D

Awesome drive by Carl. Sideways at 180, gathers it back up, and keeps trying lines until he finds one that works for him. That, friends, is driving.

cart7
03-20-05, 08:19 PM
Yep.

Of course, when you figure Jack earned his first national notoriety racing a 4-door Maverick in NHRA, he's got something going on...:D:D

Awesome drive by Carl. Sideways at 180, gathers it back up, and keeps trying lines until he finds one that works for him. That, friends, is driving.

You bet. It seems like just yesterday we'd hear news in St. Louis of this young up-n-comer named Edwards winning on the short tracks on the other side of the state. He's impressive. Competitive in everything he gets into.
:thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
03-20-05, 09:06 PM
I think Tim Richmond was the best I ever saw, and this guy might be almost that good.

pchall
03-20-05, 09:15 PM
I caught the last few laps and was impressed with his racecraft and the outside move on the last lap.

Notice that Jimmy Johnson didn't "Hornish" him into the wall. :p

ps: I remember Richmond and he was impressive when he went to NASCAR. But, geeze, he got into some crazy and awful wrecks in the year old PCx equipment he was running in his brief stint in champcars.

IlliniRacer
03-20-05, 09:15 PM
Very very big :thumbup:

Having Carl Edwards in NASCAR has made me interested in it again. While in the Truck series he became a regular guest of the St. Louis "Motorsport" (NASCAR = motorsports) Radio Show.

He's very genuine and definately a racer's racer.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Railbird
03-20-05, 09:16 PM
Good job and you can bet Nascar will do a hell of a job promoting it.

My boy Tracy has probably never sold as many tshrts in a year as Carl will sell in the next week.

pchall
03-20-05, 09:23 PM
NASCAR better forbid him doing those backflips from the window opening, though.

He nailed the one on Saturday like Nadia Comenici (caught it on local tv sports) and the crowd clearly expected the same show today. He obliged and came near to bouncing his skull off the asphalt. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-20-05, 09:38 PM
Wow, you know hes good when even pchall and methandbrats are impressed. ;)

Lizzerd
03-20-05, 11:50 PM
I caught bits and pieces of the race including the last 15 or so laps. I was indeed impressed with Edwards and his great finish.

DagoFast
03-20-05, 11:57 PM
Yeah, but is DaveL damning him with the same faint praise? (as Donnie Beechler) :gomer:

DaveL
03-21-05, 01:45 AM
Yeah, but is DaveL damning him with the same faint praise? (as Donnie Beechler) :gomer:

Never! There can only be ONE Donnie. For never in the annals of OW racing has the world seen anything like Donnie. He was so....so...Donnie.

He was just that good.

(Sung to the tune of "My Bonnie")

Bring back, bring back, bring make my Donnie to mee-eee-eee :cry: :cry: :cry:

Racing Truth
03-21-05, 03:08 PM

Right on. But hey, the OW folks were too busy lining their pockets and destroying the sport.

RacinM3
03-21-05, 03:12 PM
Yeah, after all the cynicism you read on the 'net, it would have been easy to lay this one down to "the call" or something to produce that dramatic finish.

But I saw it. I saw the 180 MPH slide job. I saw his hands sawing at the wheel (Johnson's, too). I saw what the tires looked like after he rolled to a stop.

It was nice for the race fan in me to kick the crap out of the cynic in me, for once. :)

Nice racecraft. :thumbup:

RichK
03-21-05, 03:33 PM
Yeah, after all the cynicism you read on the 'net, it would have been easy to lay this one down to "the call" or something to produce that dramatic finish.

But I saw it. I saw the 180 MPH slide job. I saw his hands sawing at the wheel (Johnson's, too). I saw what the tires looked like after he rolled to a stop.

It was nice for the race fan in me to kick the crap out of the cynic in me, for once. :)

Nice racecraft. :thumbup:

No kidding! I just saw the Speed News version of the race, but damn that was a great last two laps! Some awesome driving.

racer2c
03-21-05, 03:48 PM
A guy on WindTunnel last night said Edwards should send his prize money to Casey Mears. I guess he doesn't like Edwards "Aw shucks" persona.