PDA

View Full Version : R. Gordon Futility Thread: Hotlanta Edition

DaveL
03-20-05, 05:51 PM
After charging to 28th place, 4 laps down, Robby finally blowd 'er up. However, the Menards power actually lasted long enough for Robby's tranporter driver to finally finish his lunch.

The driver was shedding tears of joy in the garage area. "You have no idea how great it is finally finish lunch (snif). I want to thank the entire team for making this happen."

Sean O'Gorman
03-20-05, 05:59 PM
http://www.comicraft.com/logos/kaboom.gif

:laugh:

Imagine if NASCAR had F1's two-race engine rule!

pchall
03-20-05, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't even buy a bag of Rachel's Potato Chips at Menard's, let alone crooked lumber or something mechanical that always will break.

The first thing I noticed him doing when I moved to WI was buying a local short track called Hale's Corners and using the land as parking lot for a new store he wanted at that intersection.

DaveL
03-20-05, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't even buy a bag of Rachel's Potato Chips at Menard's, let alone crooked lumber or something mechanical that always will break.

I thought Rachel's went out of business because their sponsorship of Cheeber was too successful :laugh:

pchall
03-20-05, 09:31 PM
I thought Rachel's went out of business because their sponsorship of Cheeber was too successful :laugh:

That's what the gomerati later claimed, but Menard's did sell the chips for a time. I wonder how much wiley old John screwed them out of for prime space for some cheesey cardboard display space at the end of store aisles in five states? :gomer:

JT265
03-20-05, 11:59 PM

I dunno how you can laugh Dave. This was as tragic as an Enron, in my view.

Why, after Eddie da Lip done wonned the big one, Rachel went out and bought a new deep fryer at Sear's and two new George Forman grills.

The chips got so popular that she'd call ahead to the Piggly Wiggly for taters in 100lb. bags. But sadly, it all came for nought when the Piggly Wiggly truck got stuck behind Foyt's transporter on US 41 just outside of Brazil.

No taters to fry = no product to sell.

Another sad tale of a victim of their own success.

Lizzerd
03-21-05, 12:15 AM
I dunno how you can laugh Dave. This was as tragic as an Enron, in my view.

Why, after Eddie da Lip done wonned the big one, Rachel went out and bought a new deep fryer at Sear's and two new George Forman grills.

The chips got so popular that she'd call ahead to the Piggly Wiggly for taters in 100lb. bags. But sadly, it all came for nought when the Piggly Wiggly truck got stuck behind Foyt's transporter on US 41 just outside of Brazil.

No taters to fry = no product to sell.

Another sad tale of a victim of their own success.

I don't mean to nitpick here, JT, but US 41 goes north-south though the West side of Terre Haute. US 40 passes through Brazil (pronounced Bray-zil) Indiana, which is 15 or so miles East of Terre Haute, on an east-west route. And there are no Piggle Wigglys in Indiana either. :)

I did, however hear a rumor of Rachel's Potato Chips actually being on the shelves in a supermarket somewhere several years ago. I can't remember exactly where I heard that, though. :D Hahaha... NOT!

Spicoli
03-21-05, 12:29 AM
lizzerd on fire. :thumbup:

B3RACER1a
03-21-05, 11:46 AM
http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=1838

LOL :rofl:

cart7
03-21-05, 01:42 PM
Reduced to an internet curiosity that tastes crappy. :laugh: Notice no mention of the sponsorship of the infamous '98 500 winner. :rofl:

JoeBob
03-21-05, 02:34 PM
You can still get Rachel's chips here in Minnesota. They're usually seen at upscale sandwich shops - almost never in supermarkets.