PDA

View Full Version : Another Tester Next Wed?

NismoZ
03-19-05, 02:03 PM
Rumors say Jos Verstoppen is on his way to Indianapolis for a seat-fitting Monday with HVM, then on to test at Sebring by midweek. He sounds hungry, is ready to prove his worth on a full CC TV package for The Netherlands, he has sponsorship and a pedigree. I won't knock this one. We've disgussed it to death, but if you have already demonstrated skill and speed and happen to also have sponsorship I don't call that "ride-buying" in the negative sense often used on the forums. Bring it Jos! :)

pchall
03-19-05, 02:32 PM
Rumors say Jos Verstoppen is on his way to Indianapolis for a seat-fitting Monday with HVM, then on to test at Sebring by midweek. He sounds hungry, is ready to prove his worth on a full CC TV package for The Netherlands, he has sponsorship and a pedigree. I won't knock this one. We've disgussed it to death, but if you have already demonstrated skill and speed and happen to also have sponsorship I don't call that "ride-buying" in the negative sense often used on the forums. Bring it Jos! :)

I wonder if this could help Mario Dominguez in his F1 aspirations? He hasn't exactly had a more experienced driver as a teammate....

NismoZ
03-19-05, 03:17 PM
Be a good yardstick! (I like all these comparos shaping up for this season! :) )

NismoZ
03-20-05, 12:40 PM
Geez..and a Danish F-Atlantic guy with no money, too. Sounds like HE has a chance! :confused:

Mlg
03-21-05, 01:44 PM
Just found this on the net :

Jos Verstappen will be testing for the Herdez team
(HMV) which is competing in the Champ Car World Series.
Tomorrow he is flying to Indianapolis, where HMV's headquarters are.
Team manager Vince Kremer will meet Jos at the airport.
On Monday Jos will be at the factory to do a seat fitting and
make any adjustment to the car. Tuesday Jos will fly to Sebring
where he will test for the team on Wednesday and maybe Thursday.
He will be joined by 3 other drivers of whom the names are not known (yet).

In a short reaction Jos told us to be very happy with this test.
"I am ready for it. It has been a long time, also for my fans.
It has paid off, we have made the first step. The preparation is
not optimal but I will show them what I'm worth. I want to compete,
so with good lap times I want to convince the team that I am the right man for the job.”

HMV has its headquarters in Indianapolis and has been active in Champ Car since 1981.
At the moment they have confirmed one driver for the 2005 season;
the 29 year old Mexican Mario Dominguez who had his debut in Champ Cars in 2002.

http://members1.chello.nl/~m.haasdijk/pics/joshvm1.jpg
http://members1.chello.nl/~m.haasdijk/pics/joshvm2.jpg

pchall
03-21-05, 04:34 PM
Rumors say Jos Verstoppen is on his way to Indianapolis for a seat-fitting Monday with HVM, then on to test at Sebring by midweek.

If the seat fits, drive it!

[duplicated photo hot links deleted to save bandwith]

The Doctor
03-21-05, 06:02 PM
If the seat fits, drive it!

Deja vu.

;)

JoeBob
03-21-05, 06:06 PM
What a cool paintjob!

Jervis Tetch 1
03-21-05, 06:46 PM
What a cool paintjob!You beat me to it! :thumbup:

I have always thought Red/Green/White was an excellent colour combination. It's just too bad a lot of people are reminded of Christmas because of it.

NismoZ
03-21-05, 07:22 PM
Uh, that looks pretty "Mexican" to me. Makes sense. Very nice!

JoeBob
03-21-05, 08:00 PM
It looks like the same layout as last year, but what is now red was green, and what is now green was blue.

NismoZ
03-21-05, 08:32 PM
And the ex-Atlantic guy testing with him is Ronnie Bremer from Denmark. I have no recollection of when or how well he raced...anyone?

nrc
03-21-05, 09:46 PM
And the ex-Atlantic guy testing with him is Ronnie Bremer from Denmark. I have no recollection of when or how well he raced...anyone?

Pretty good. He won in Denver (when Fogarty was penalized for blocking) and had a bunch of podiums in his rookie year. He came in 7pts behind Ranger for ROY.

NismoZ
03-23-05, 01:05 AM
Oh, brother. Check in to see if Glock is testing. Could mean he didn't sign a Rocketsports contract as one rumor I read from Europe says Sauber is trying to get him for a "Friday driver" role. Just great. Sure taking this driver thing right down to the green flag at LB aren't we?