PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Motorsport

TedN
03-18-05, 08:46 PM
A little birdie just told me to expect Eric Jensen to announce this weekend that his new team will run a full season in 2005, not just the Canadian races. At least one driver (not verified) yet who will NOT need to bring sponsorship.

Hope this pans out, and hope that the driver is Valiante.

Ted

JT265
03-19-05, 12:32 AM
That would be cool. Hope it happens, Eric musta won the lottery.

Spicoli
03-19-05, 06:26 AM
We don't need our own version of Vision Racing. :gomer:

TedN
03-19-05, 10:46 AM
Full Story Here (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1111059299909&call_pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes) . Looking good.

Ted

Ed_Severson
03-19-05, 11:19 AM
Things definitely sound like they're coming together.

Here's another interesting excerpt from the column:

"Everybody seems to be shedding tears for Alex Tagliani and, yes, the way he was cut loose by Paul Gentilozzi was nasty.

But let's call a spade a spade: he's been in Champ Car for five years, he's had some very good cars to drive, and he's won exactly one race. I never understood why Player's picked him over David Empringham in the first place."

:thumbup:

NismoZ
03-19-05, 01:50 PM
So, I guess it HAS now been announced, and though some here refer to Jensen as a "joke" the real joke would be if we didn't have 18 cars. Gotta start somewhere! Driver to be announced at Long Beach, but how can he NOT be Canadian? (He did say, "all Canadian" team. ;)

pchall
03-19-05, 02:39 PM
So, I guess it HAS now been announced, and though some here refer to Jensen as a "joke" the real joke would be if we didn't have 18 cars. Gotta start somewhere! Driver to be announced at Long Beach, but how can he NOT be Canadian? (He did say, "all Canadian" team. ;)

At least Jensen has the sense to not try and field a car for himself.

BTW, can anyone give a decent accounting of available Canadian drivers with single-seat experience of consequence who's not accounted for in other rumors?

NismoZ
03-19-05, 03:23 PM
I have to believe Ranger has the inside track with the most print lately, but after Valiente who else is available? Carp's gone, Tag is spoken for. Wish Empringham had gotten a shot...probably doesn't even want it, now.

FCYTravis
03-19-05, 03:27 PM
I have to believe Ranger has the inside track with the most print lately.
He's already confirmed at Mi-Jack Conquest Racing - aka "Team CCWS Nursery" :laugh:

dreamracer
03-19-05, 03:47 PM
I hope it's Valiente...

But it seems like he may have the money to hire an experienced driver.

Who?

nrc
03-19-05, 10:54 PM
So if Jensen is in does that bring the field to 19 or is one of the other teams coming up a car short this year? Coyne?

NismoZ
03-20-05, 01:43 AM
Well, If FCR gets Wirdheim and Ranger has Conquest, and Verstoppen is picked up by HVM, Jensen has to get Valiente, right? (unless those poor overworked F-1 people he was talking about hiring included a driver...OMIGOD!...JACQUES!? :eek: ) Isn't that 19, if Coyne has 2?

Rob
03-20-05, 02:36 AM
In an article a couple weeks ago Derrick Walker was quoted as saying something like "as of right now there are 17 or 18 cars on the grid and I'm not one of them." So taking that into account I'd say we're looking at 19 or 20.

TedN
03-20-05, 12:43 PM
Interesting insight by "fatlantic" over at Trackforum.com (http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55977) .

I tested and raced with Jensen last year and I believe in the next decade that Eric will become major force in open wheel racing. He is personable, works hard,gets sponsors,keeps them and actually has enough business savy to make a profit from racing. Due to his driving background,he is also an excellent coach and motivator. Pay attention to how he runs his team and you may learn something.

Ted

Spicoli
03-20-05, 01:15 PM
hahaha this is even better:

Dana is dominating the rookie class

Paul Dana continues to lead the Rookie of the Year "battle" in the IRL. Just wait until he actually passes a car for position or doesn't get black flagged for being slow and wandering all over the track. He will be uncatchable then. He did the smart thing today. He got out of the way before somebody ran over the top of him.

To say that the 4 IRL rookies are off to less than stellar starts would be the understatement of the year. Briscoe has been awful. Patrick made a big-time rookie mistake at Homestead and was very slow today in the race. Enge looks to be one of those guys who is fast in practice (by himself) but has a lot of trouble actually racing other cars. Dana has looked like......well exactly like I thought he would look.

But, still gotta long way to go and I am sure Briscoe and Enge will be very good at St. Pete. But, still it is pretty disappointing that 3 very good rides are not (even a little bit) competitive right now.

:rofl:

they are eating their young. :gomer:

swift
03-20-05, 11:07 PM
BTW, can anyone give a decent accounting of available Canadian drivers with single-seat experience of consequence who's not accounted for in other rumors?

jon macri (tested a walker reynard)
david rutledge (was trying to run only the canadian cc races a few years back)
marc devellis (raising $ through his own business for a return to OW racing)