PDA

View Full Version : For the Corvette fans

RacinM3
03-18-05, 02:36 PM
David Farmer, a SPEED World Challenge privateer, is chronicleing (sp?) the construction of his new SPEED WC GT C-6 Corvette on his website, to go up against the big boys.

His site shows the car from ebay'd wreck, to track-ready. It's amazing what he's accomplished in just the last month or so, basically doing all the work himself.

Check it out!

http://www.davidfarmerracing.com/C6.html

JT265
03-18-05, 03:23 PM
I like when somebody knows the proper way to use a saws-all and a crowbar. :thumbup:

:D

oddlycalm
03-18-05, 03:24 PM
Cool... Isn't it amazing how fast things move along when people know what they are doing. ;) I'll be real interested to see how the car does.

BTW, we had a guy on the Roadfly E46 M3 forum that did a similar process and documented it with pictures, but also weighed all the parts as they came off, which was most informative. The big suprise to all of us was that the interior pieces, including the two power seats, accounted for so little weight, just over 250lbs for all of it as I recall with the power seats at 75lbs each.

I know you've been through this multiple times in recent years, but I haven't done it in over 25yrs and it was surprising how hard it was to take enough weight out of a modern car to make a noticable difference.

oc

RichK
03-18-05, 03:41 PM
Wow, that's fun to see. He really seems to know what he's doing. Relocating the rear end 1.2", etc.

I chronicled the complete frame-up rebuild of my (former :cry: ) FV, which took a LONG time with an 8 to 5 job. A conversion like he is doing must be like 5X the work.

It will be fun to watch his results this year.