PDA

View Full Version : Here is TSN's silly season page, updated on the 15th

devilmaster
03-16-05, 11:38 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/cart/feature.asp?fid=864

Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing (Mar. 15):

Confirmed: Nelson Philippe

A report out of Australia says Canadian Andrew Ranger has signed on with Mi-Jack for 2005... he reportedly has enough backing from P&G Canada to race at least half the season. Frenchman Nelson Philippe has re-signed for 2005.

Rocketsports Racing (Mar. 12) :

Confirmed: Ryan Hunter-Reay | Timo Glock | Alex Tagliani

Alex Tagliani is out of a job with this team despite a verbal agreement last fall. Newly signed Ryan Hunter-Reay and Timo Glock were both busy testing at Fontana and Hunter-Reay has referred to the German as 'my teammate' on several occassions, at least in one interview. Glock's multi-million dollar sponsorship package apparently forced Tagliani to come up with additional sponsorship in order to remain. Tagliani is expected to remain in the series, thanks to pressure being put on Gentilozzi and Champ Car by Molson... some reports say he could turn up at HVM.

HVM Inc. (formerly Herdez Competition) (Mar. 12):

Confirmed: Mario Dominguez | Alex Tagliani | Roberto Gonzalez

Alex Tagliani could turn up at this team if Timo Glock's multi-million dollar sponsorship package forces him out at Rocketsports. Team co-owner Keith Wiggins says they plan to return as a two car team with new sponsors and a new name. Roberto Gonzalez, if he still has Nextel sponsorship, is said to be in the running as well. Mario Dominguez will be back in 2005 after turning down a testing role with Jordan F1.

Walker Racing (Mar. 15) :

Alex Tagliani's name has been mentioned as a possibility, only because Champ Car officials have promised to keep him in the series after being dumped by Rocketsports. Mario Haberfeld, who has tested with the team, and Austrian Norbert Siedler are being linked to possible rides with the team if Walker can finalize a sponsorship package.

Forsythe Racing (Mar. 15):

Confirmed: Paul Tracy | Rodolfo Lavin | Bjorn Wirdheim

Rodolfo Lavin's Corona sponsorship is uncertain, but if it is still there, he is likely to return. Bjorn Wirdheim, the 2003 F3000 champion, says he has a deal with a Champ Car team and could land here, for the right sponsorship package. Despite reports about the team expanding, it appears this will return to a two car squad for 2005.

Newman/Haas Racing : (Feb. 23)

Confirmed: Bruno Junqueira | Sebastien Bourdais

After news broke that Williams F1 test driver Antonio Pizzonia was considering a move to Champ Car, team boss Frank Williams says that won't happen. Newman-Haas has said they would run a third car if the right sponsorship can be found.

PKV Racing (Feb 1):

Confirmed: Jimmy Vasser | Cristiano da Matta

After speaking with three teams, former series champion Cristiano da Matta signed on with PKV after two less than fulfilling seasons in Formula One.

RuSport (Nov. 23):

Confirmed: A.J. Allmendinger | Justin Wilson

Carl Russo says he considered a three car team but opted against it... Allmendinger's name has been mentioned in connection with Red Bull Racing's F1 team... Wilson finished runner-up to Allmendinger for rookie of the year honours with Mi-Jack/Conquest Racing.

Dale Coyne Racing :

Gaston Mazzacane | Oriol Servia

Coyne has found a gem in Oriol Servia, whose performance has more than earned him a return engagement, however, it has not been officially announced. Gaston Mazzacane was confirmed for a full time ride in 2005 thanks to South American sponsorship, but it's believed that deal is tied to a Champ Car race in Argentina, which isn't likely to happen this year. Coyne also indicated he could return as a three car outfit in 2005.

Fittipaldi Racing:

Emerson Fittipaldi ran out of time to get this team together for 2004 but with reports that Champ Car is expected to stage races in South America, Emmo may just get this team off the ground in 2005.

questions, thoughts, comments?

KLang
03-16-05, 12:00 PM
I really hope by this time next year the 2006 line-up is settled. While I have no doubt OWRS will see that there are enough cars on the grid by Long Beach, the timing of this is really frustrating. Last year was perfectly understandable, this year much less so.

chicanor
03-16-05, 12:21 PM
Coyne also indicated he could return as a three car outfit in 2005.

How could Dale Coyne be able to run a 3-car outfit and PG can't gather enough money to keep Alex T. around?? makes no sense to me

Glock's multi-million dollar sponsorship package apparently forced Tagliani to come up with additional sponsorship in order to remain.

What would Glock's sponsorship package have to do with Alex staying with the team?

pferrf1
03-16-05, 01:43 PM
Becasue Coyne's budget run 3 cars is less thatn most team's budget for two.

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-05, 04:06 PM
Is the Emmo deal legitimate or is it just wishful thinking? Hadn't heard this one before.

Spicoli
03-16-05, 05:12 PM
Is the Emmo deal legitimate or is it just wishful thinking? Hadn't heard this one before.

Its always legitimate. Has been every year so far. Its just that some years are more legitimate than others. ;)

Glock is in with RHR @ RockySpurts.
Ranger is in at Conquest/Team CCWS Nursery.

bank those.

I'd lay money on Servia at Coyne. And Coyne won't run 3 cars.

I think little Gonzo is trying to solidify some $$$ for a seat at HVM and that's holding up the mexibilly Cartel. If Gonzo is out, the Lavin is in at HVM or whatever, and Wirdheim gets to meet the chrome horn at FCR. If Lavin isn;t in at HVM or whatever, then he stays at FCR. Tags is the late stake in the game, some are rumbling he's found some molson money, but who fuggin knows.

Those waiting for the music to stop:

Gonzo
Serbia
Tags
Lavin
A random Sperafico

I think the music will stop by next Thursday or Friday, when Sebring tests conclude.

And stop whining, this will be the best lineup in years.

You wanna watch ole Dashley ****up all year? gomer league is on saturday at 4.

{Go Eye-Vee, Go Special ED, go Kooky kazookee}

FCYTravis
03-16-05, 05:17 PM
"Team CCWS Nursery"

:laugh: :rofl: :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-05, 05:18 PM
Its always legitimate. Has been every year so far. Its just that some years are more legitimate than others. ;)

Glock is in with RHR @ RockySpurts.
Ranger is in at Conquest/Team CCWS Nursery.

bank those.

I'd lay money on Servia at Coyne. And Coyne won't run 3 cars.

I think little Gonzo is trying to solidify some $$$ for a seat at HVM and that's holding up the mexibilly Cartel. If Gonzo is out, the Lavin is in at HVM or whatever, and Wirdheim gets to meet the chrome horn at FCR. If Lavin isn;t in at HVM or whatever, then he stays at FCR. Tags is the late stake in the game, some are rumbling he's found some molson money, but who fuggin knows.

Those waiting for the music to stop:

Gonzo
Serbia
Tags
Lavin
A random Sperafico

I think the music will stop by next Thursday or Friday, when Sebring tests conclude.

And stop whining, this will be the best lineup in years.

You wanna watch ole Dashley ****up all year? gomer league is on saturday at 4.

{Go Eye-Vee, Go Special ED, go Kooky kazookee}

:thumbup:

Is Corona in or out with Lavin?

NismoZ
03-16-05, 05:26 PM
Corona's in PART way...they took a bunch to NASCAB. (Building for the future, you know.)

Spicoli
03-16-05, 09:52 PM

Is Corona in or out with Lavin?

probably.

Easy
03-17-05, 11:16 AM
and repeatedly.

Methanolandbrats
03-17-05, 11:18 AM
That's gotta hurt with no help from Pemex.

FRANKY
03-17-05, 01:11 PM

I'll bet it's BS. Messing with us.

JT265
03-17-05, 02:48 PM
I'll bet it's BS. Messing with us.

No one's messing with ya FRANKY. As in most things in life, it all comes down
to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand.

sundaydriver2
03-17-05, 10:01 PM
I'd like to see Wierdheim get a shot.

Spicoli
03-18-05, 02:06 AM
I'd like to see Wierdheim get a shot.

my understanding is he's in.