PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for the young!

GOFAST1
02-25-03, 09:34 PM
Ah, the young! Fast, furious, and hungry! I always knew that F-3000 and F-1 drivers are naturally talented and are raised in an environment that you have to succeed under a huge amount of pressure. With all that acknowledgement, I was truly impressed with the entire CART field, considering that some of these guys are racing these cars for the first time, with very little or no testing, and driving a very hard-to-handle racecar on the new track. I do understand that we, in America, get used to a certain status quo and familiar names that have been there for a long time and we don't like dramatic changes due to a fear. However, this weekend has proven to me that great talent is here and with a good mix of old and new together with the most loyal and best fans in the world, we go and take it from ordinary to extraordinary. Impresive! I'm so excited! Cheers!

tantra
02-25-03, 11:33 PM
I certainly second that. A good job done by all.

BTW, one guy had never driven a ChampCar before Wednesday February 26 (at Road Atlanta).

Could you tell which one that was?

patm
02-25-03, 11:58 PM
Wasn't that Emmo's kid, Tiago (sp)

Gonna have to learn these names. Takes a little getting used to with such a large rookie crop.

patm

Lizzerd
02-26-03, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by tantra
I certainly second that. A good job done by all.

BTW, one guy had never driven a ChampCar before Wednesday February 26 (at Road Atlanta).

Could you tell which one that was?

But, but it's still Tuesday the 25th.

tantra
02-26-03, 10:51 AM
Yes, Tiago.

And yes, the date was Feb. 19.
I'm not yet recovered from the road trip.