PDA

View Full Version : JV

Railbird
03-14-05, 06:42 AM
I don't want to create problems (http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=1&nid=106616)

Well then maybe it's time to pack your kit.

ilferrari
03-14-05, 07:02 AM
Hater.

Railbird
03-14-05, 07:06 AM
Hater?

not at all, one time big fan matter of fact.

spinner26
03-14-05, 09:29 AM
Can you say "short season for you JV".

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 10:25 AM
How long before someone posts his resume? :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
03-14-05, 10:31 AM
"We did not have a clue on how the tyres were going to react, simply because we did not test," he explained :laugh: No ****? That's totally out of character :D

racer2c
03-14-05, 10:51 AM
How long before someone posts his resume? :laugh:

This just in!!! More wisdom from Crapus: World Championship means nothing!!!

Stay tuned next week as Crapus uncovers the truth about Senna!

JT265
03-14-05, 11:02 AM
This just in!!! More wisdom from Crapus: World Championship means nothing!!!

Stay tuned next week as Crapus uncovers the truth about Senna!

That's ^^^ funny. :laugh:

JV ROCKS!!!!!!! :thumbup:

<well, er, um, he DID rock. Once or twice. Yeah, it may have been twice. I think I read it was twice, but I'm not sure.> :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 11:10 AM
:laugh:

http://home.austin.rr.com/jfinney/marye/fanboy1.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
03-14-05, 11:16 AM
boyfan?

TrueBrit
03-14-05, 12:29 PM
Let's see, JV refused to comment on SPECULATION that he was at loggerheads with his new employer....and he should pack his kit... :rolleyes:

All the usual "he doesn't like to test" haters are out in force too, despite having had that rumour debunked numerous times...

Much ado about bugger-all imho

Must have been a slow motor racing weekend... :shakehead

Railbird
03-14-05, 12:32 PM
the stopwatch doesn't lie and it doesn't listen to excuses.

Methanolandbrats
03-14-05, 12:47 PM
Let's see, JV refused to comment on SPECULATION that he was at loggerheads with his new employer....and he should pack his kit... :rolleyes:

All the usual "he doesn't like to test" haters are out in force too, despite having had that rumour debunked numerous times...

Much ado about bugger-all imho

Must have been a slow motor racing weekend... :shakehead

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif Just throw the bait in the water and catch one on the first cast :)

TrueBrit
03-14-05, 12:55 PM
the stopwatch doesn't lie and it doesn't listen to excuses.

Ron Dennis wasn't thrilled with his two driver's performances either and said so publicly...should they pack their kit too?

The whole 'responding to speculation' thing is a non-starter anyway...it's a weak-journalistic attempt to create soemthing out of nothing..kind of like modern politics...the good old fashioned "Senator, when did you stop beating your wife?" type of question...

TrueBrit
03-14-05, 12:56 PM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/blackeye/lol.gif Just throw the bait in the water and catch one on the first cast :)

So you're ADMITTING to trolling?

Hmmmm.... ;)

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 01:14 PM
dude has been getting jacked by Massa in testing all winter and now in the first race of the year (and from the back of the grid!). this is only the first of many beatings for cheques... both on and off the track :laugh:

racer2c
03-14-05, 01:36 PM
dude has been getting jacked by Massa in testing all winter and now in the first race of the year (and from the back of the grid!). this is only the first of many beatings for cheques... both on and off the track :laugh:

And yet, JV's still a multi-millionaire F1 World Drivers Champion and you and Massa are............not.

:)

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 01:48 PM
no... please post the entire resume! I hate when people do things half-assed. Perhaps that explains why you like Villeneuve. :D

racer2c
03-14-05, 01:50 PM
no... please post the entire resume! I hate when people do things half-assed. Perhaps that explains why you like Villeneuve. :D

You should have it memorized. Any real hater worth his weight does.

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 01:57 PM
Me=hater. You=defender :gomer:

rabbit
03-14-05, 02:23 PM
I posted the fargin' resume before and I'll do it again...

In a four-year span Villeneuve won :

-- CART rookie of the year
-- (Pre-split) Indy 500 rookie of the year (P2)
-- His first CART race at Road America (a driver's track)
-- A CART championship
-- A (Pre-split) Indy 500
-- An F1 Grand Prix in his fourth race (the first driver to do so since some guy named Emmerson Fittipaldi)
-- And the World Driving Championship

You keep the hate comin' and I'll keep the facts comin'. :p :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
03-14-05, 02:26 PM
nothing in the last 7 years?? :saywhat:

allow me...

-- left winning team for cash money
-- marginalized by Panis
-- owned by boyband
-- quit BAR
-- [edit]owned by Alonso
-- on his way to being owned by Massa, a guy who has not beaten a single teammate in F1 to date

awesome :laugh: :thumbup:

chop456
03-14-05, 02:44 PM
Schumacher came within 4 points (and one ill-advised "pass") of taking the WDC in '97 in a vastly inferior car, too.

racer2c
03-14-05, 03:02 PM
Schumacher came within 4 points (and one ill-advised "pass") of taking the WDC in '97 in a vastly inferior car, too.

Eww, let's analyze all second place finishers.

Let me get this straight so I can finally get my Crapus fan club membership card...

JV = sux
Da Matta = sux
Shumacher = p0wz

I think I got it!

chop456
03-14-05, 03:07 PM
If "powz" means "Is a hell of a lot better", then I think you've got it down.

Jacques (barely) won his WDC in a vastly superior car, which is the same argument people use to try and diminish Shumacher's achievements. You can't have it both ways. Pick one.

jonovision_man
03-14-05, 03:43 PM
I posted the fargin' resume before and I'll do it again...

In a four-year span Villeneuve won :

-- CART rookie of the year
-- (Pre-split) Indy 500 rookie of the year (P2)
-- His first CART race at Road America (a driver's track)
-- A CART championship
-- A (Pre-split) Indy 500
-- An F1 Grand Prix in his fourth race (the first driver to do so since some guy named Emmerson Fittipaldi)
-- And the World Driving Championship

You keep the hate comin' and I'll keep the facts comin'. :p :thumbup:

Don't forget :
-- Pole for his first F1 race

Apparantly he's the fastest ever WDC from F1 debut, per this discussion thread... at least in the modern era, some debate about the 60's and earlier. :)
http://forums.atlasf1.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77276

So he was good.

Is he still? Well, I'm not willing to accept his excuse about tires just because he said it, but it's not out of the realm of possilibity, so he gets a couple more races to prove himself from me.

Like someone wisely pointed out, if you only took this one race even Schumacher looks like he's past it... :)

jono

Railbird
03-14-05, 05:03 PM
Iwas a a fan when JV was in FA.

I was a huge fan during his '94/'95 run in CART.

I was way happy when he proved to be the only CART guy to cut the mustered in F1. (And if Juancho doesn't produce shortly he'lll remain the only).

I was disappointerd but understanding when he left Williams for BAR.

After about year two I began to not care because it became pretty obvious he didn't.

Jens made him look like what he is.

I held out hope for a flash of brilliance last year, just a flash.

Nadda

This year has been horrible with lame testing performances backed up by even lamer excuses.

Face the facts racefans.

Let him find some funding for a return to the states where maybe he can match up with the other rejects in CCWS.

Or let him renew his Honda ties and he can go kikck some butt in the IRL.

His F1 days are well behind him.

racer2c
03-14-05, 05:08 PM

I was way happy when he proved to be the only CART guy to cut the mustered in F1. (And if Juancho doesn't produce shortly he'lll remain the only).

After about year two I began to not care because it became pretty obvious he didn't.

Nadda

This year has been horrible with lame testing performances backed up by even lamer excuses.

Face the facts racefans.

Let him find some funding for a return to the states where maybe he can match up with the other rejects in CCWS.

Could very well be but he was out of F1 for a year, came back for two races and now has had one race in his new team. I'll give him half the season. JV has too much pride to go back to US racing.

Dr. Corkski
03-14-05, 05:20 PM
Peter Sauber = Swiss David Richards. :gomer:

chop456
03-15-05, 06:02 AM

Nadda

Face the facts racefans.

I agree with all of that X 3.

Dirty Sanchez
03-16-05, 04:08 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Davidson Lined Up for Villeneuve's Drive

Wednesday March 16th, 2005

By Anthony Rowlinson

Sauber have opened talks with Anthony Davidson as a possible replacement for Jacques Villeneuve, Autosport magazine exclusively revealed today.

The BAR third driver was approached by Sauber to ascertain his availability to race for the Swiss team this season, and according to the magazine, should Villeneuve fail to meet performance clauses in his two year contract, the team can dispense with his services.

Villeneuve's poor performance in winter testing, sharpened by his public failure at the Australian Grand Prix, is a matter of some concern to Sauber. Disputes over tyre choice caused tension within the team, which was heightened by his disappointing result relative to teammate Felipe Massa.

However, speaking exclusively to Autosport, Villeneuve remained defiant, arguing that the team have done little to accommodate him.

"There has to be some adjustment on both sides, and that means from the team as well, working on set-ups and whatever," the 1997 World Champion said.

"If I had arrived here as a Formula One rookie then I would expect to be told what to do, but when you arrive with eight or nine years' experience and you want to take things to the highest level, you have to push and maybe that's uncomfortable."

When asked for a comment by the magazine, Peter Sauber has denied that he is looking to replace Villeneuve at present, although he admitted he was displeased with the Canadian's performance to date.

"It goes without saying that neither Jacques nor the team was satisfied with the result in Australia," Sauber said.

"It's equally clear that it would be premature to draw any conclusions after a single race, particularly after a highly unusual race weekend such as Melbourne."

Furthermore, BAR-Honda, who own Davidson's contract, have also stated they have not been approached by Sauber. BAR team boss Nick Fry told Autosport: "If they have aspirations to give Anthony a drive then that's news to us."

racer2c
03-16-05, 04:54 PM
So Autosport says Sauber is talking to Davidson, but Sauber denies it. Typical F1.

Kicked out after two races? Man. Jacques must not know how to make freinds. Isn't he racing for free?

ilferrari
03-16-05, 05:06 PM
Autosport are notorious Anthony Davidson promoters.

Dr. Corkski
03-19-05, 10:00 AM
Well Q1 should put those JV firing rumors to rest.

Since JV was only 0.7 secs off of Massa in Q1, it was obvious that Sauber filled JV up with enough fuel to last til the end of his contract next year, while Massa is obviously doing an 8 stopper for the race.

:gomer:

FTG
03-19-05, 12:02 PM
JV 's problem is that he thinks the driver should have some input. If he'd shut up and do what the engineers tell him, like all the other drivers, he'd be fine. But when you got that much money, you can do whatever you want. I can't criticize a guy for having backbone, but I guess a lot of you guys can.

Sean O'Gorman
03-19-05, 12:05 PM
JV 's problem is that he thinks the driver should have some input. If he'd shut up and do what the engineers tell him, like all the other drivers, he'd be fine. But when you got that much money, you can do whatever you want. I can't criticize a guy for having backbone, but I guess a lot of you guys can.

So you've never criticized A.J. Foyt for his stubbornness?

Ankf00
03-19-05, 12:29 PM
dude, it's pwn3d... get it right, sheesh. :shakehead :D

Dr. Corkski
03-20-05, 05:49 AM
Yet another legendary performance by JV. Bet Peter Sauber is glad he spent that $3mil on driver salary instead of the testing that they don't need.

RTKar
03-20-05, 10:01 AM
It may be time to change my tune regarding JV....how on earth did he get so slow?

Railbird
03-20-05, 10:47 AM
Spent some time with my buddy who is tight with Pollock yesterday. Word is that JV was out after this week no matter how he performed in Malaysia.

A damn good driver with some great accomplishments who sadly lost his way at a relatively young age.

spinner26
03-20-05, 11:12 AM
Spent some time with my buddy who is tight with Pollock yesterday. Word is that JV was out after this week no matter how he performed in Malaysia.

A damn good driver with some great accomplishments who sadly lost his way at a relatively young age.

Hey the new CCWS team from Canada might need a canadian driver, JV, need a job?

Railbird
03-20-05, 02:11 PM
I doubt JV needs much of anything.

Making money is what killed his career.

Spicoli
03-20-05, 02:24 PM
**** honda,

jonovision_man
03-20-05, 02:30 PM
It may be time to change my tune regarding JV....how on earth did he get so slow?

After his retirement they iterviewed him on ITV (Louise Goodman).

He said something to the effect that the fronts were locking up all race, unless he was pushing, then the rears would lock up! She asked him if he was having a hard time with the car, and he answered very strongly in the affirmative. Don't have the exact quotes, working from memory.

Jacques was a charger in 1996/97, he wasn't one who babied the equipment or had the patience for setting up the car... I think the further F1 goes down the route of aero grip, set-up, and making the car last, the worse Jacques will do.

He's not the right man for today's F1, it seems. :(

jono

Dirty Sanchez
03-21-05, 10:16 AM
I honestly didn't even think he'd be quite this bad :laugh:

Dirty Sanchez
03-25-05, 12:01 PM
quitter again???!?! :rofl:

Villeneuve to walk away?
Fri 25 Mar, 12:22 PM

David Coulthard has started his 2005 campaign is style, scoring points in both the Australian and Malaysian Grand Prix to help the fledging Red Bull Racing squad to an early third position in the Constructors' Championship. Following the Malaysian race Coulthard travelled to his Swiss home to celebrate his birthday with non-other than Jenson Button and Jacques Villeneuve amongst others.

"Jacques is having a difficult time so far this season at Sauber," Coulthard wrote in his Daily Record column. "Two races in and already the media are questioning if he will keep his seat. That cannot help things."

Villeneuve is under pressure to perform and score points for the Sauber Petronas team but so far he has not been able to get top grips with an ongoing braking issue that has blighted his season so far.

The Canadian's cause has not been helped by a patchy pre-season test programme, a non-existent in-season test programme and the lack of a third driver within the team to run Friday practice sessions.

"I know he is capable of great things but unless we see a marked improvement by Imola it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk away or be encouraged to do so," Coulthard continued. "The talk is of him being replaced by Anthony Davidson."

Davidson of course stood in for the unwell Takuma Sato at the Malaysian Grand Prix, but suffered a difficult last minute call up to the BAR Honda team as he qualified just 15th before his engine failed on just the second lap of the race.

"It would be good to have another Brit in Formula One and he is an able, fast, racing driver," Coulthard continued. "But if you were to ask me if he is the next Schumacher, then I would say no, he is not."

Spicoli
03-25-05, 12:07 PM
oh dear God. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
03-25-05, 12:15 PM
I bet they put Ant in the car and the brakes work fine :D

chop456
03-25-05, 12:17 PM
I bet they put Ant in the car and the brakes work fine :D

Well sure, because it's a conspiracy. Duh! :rolleyes:

:D

racer2c
03-25-05, 12:51 PM
Villeneuve accepted the rumors as a regular job nuisance: “That’s the price of being a world champion, but that’s okay. I’d rather have won the world championship and have people always noticing what I do than never have won nothing and be ignored.”

I would too, Jacques.

ilferrari
03-25-05, 03:25 PM
Anyone else notice how the British press is behind all these stories. Great going guys, Davidson will come in, be unremarkable and boring at the same time. Well at least you shot down the star and sold some papers.

Dirty Sanchez
03-25-05, 04:28 PM
that's right... blame the media. but why stop there? I would also blame the government and global warming too! :laugh:

I guess autosport lied when they reported that Jacques missed his braking point by 30 meters when he beached it in Sepang?! :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
03-25-05, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I am sure Peter Sauber needs to consult the British media to figure out JV is getting pwned by Massa. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ilferrari
03-25-05, 07:24 PM
I'm not blaming the British media for Villeneuve sucking in the last 2 races. I am saying that like usual they are making **** up for their boy Davidson and to knock JV, who got on the wrong side of them a long time ago.

racer2c
03-25-05, 08:22 PM
I'm not blaming the British media for Villeneuve sucking in the last 2 races. I am saying that like usual they are making **** up for their boy Davidson and to knock JV, who got on the wrong side of them a long time ago.

Save your breath, they KNOW racing!

Dirty Sanchez
03-25-05, 10:33 PM
oh snap! I didn't realize that Coulthard was a member of the press. :gomer:

"I know he is capable of great things but unless we see a marked improvement by Imola it wouldn't surprise me to see him walk away or be encouraged to do so," Coulthard continued. "The talk is of him being replaced by Anthony Davidson."

JT265
03-25-05, 10:38 PM
Save your breath, they KNOW racing!

Indeed they do! JV sucks. If you don't beleive me, ask Crapus. Or Crapus fanboi Comrade Corkski. And lately I tend to agree.

But relative to the British press, and for you folks that haven't the misfortune to tune into the ITV F1 feed, float a rumor that Mansell has been fitted for a 56 extra wide Sauber tub, and Martin Brundle and that insufferable goofball of a James Allen will be all over that like a fat kid on a bag of M&M's.

WORLD CHAMP NIGE!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

rabbit
03-26-05, 12:49 PM
But relative to the British press, and for you folks that haven't the misfortune to tune into the ITV F1 feed, float a rumor that Mansell has been fitted for a 56 extra wide Sauber tub, and Martin Brundle and that insufferable goofball of a James Allen will be all over that like a fat kid on a bag of M&M's.
:rofl: