PDA

View Full Version : Let's dance, baby!

Pages : [1] 2

dando
03-13-05, 05:07 PM
Women's selections are in an hour, and the men's are two hours away. I'm getting stoked, as this looks like a great tourney with no fewer than 12 teams with a legit shot to win it all. The ACC has a real shot to get 3 #1 seeds after UK's implosion against the Gators (poor Ashley).

Go Zags!

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-13-05, 05:11 PM
There might even be two Big West teams (Utah St, UOP) this year! Wouldn't surprise me though if the idiots in the committee screws UOP into the NIT like they did with Utah St last year.

I wonder which 4 unlucky teams get screwed with the 5 seeds.

DaveL
03-13-05, 05:15 PM
In my other post, I proved Western Carolina is the top team in the nation. If they don't get an at large something is wrong :gomer:

dando
03-13-05, 05:31 PM
There might even be two Big West teams (Utah St, UOP) this year! Wouldn't surprise me though if the idiots in the committee screws UOP into the NIT like they did with Utah St last year.

I wonder which 4 unlucky teams get screwed with the 5 seeds.
Yeah, the two left coast upsets last night screwed someone. Not only should two teams get in from the BWC, but I would argue that the WCC should two as well (Zags and SMS). My final bubble teams are Buffalo, ND, and Iowa...I would love to throw a Pac 10 team in there, too, but I think the committee puts too much faith in the RPI numbers (Pac 10 is #2 overall in conference RPI, go figger).

-Kevin

dando
03-13-05, 05:32 PM
In my other post, I proved Western Carolina is the top team in the nation. If they don't get an at large something is wrong :gomer:
Dave, you next assignment is to figger out a better system than the BcS.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-13-05, 05:49 PM
Yeah, the two left coast upsets last night screwed someone. Not only should two teams get in from the BWC, but I would argue that the WCC should two as well (Zags and SMS). My final bubble teams are Buffalo, ND, and Iowa...I would love to throw a Pac 10 team in there, too, but I think the committee puts too much faith in the RPI numbers (Pac 10 is #2 overall in conference RPI, go figger).

-KevinNevada and Utah losing also screwed a lot of people over. Utah will probably get in anyway, but I don't think Nevada should for doing so poorly in the WAC tournament. ESPN has SMC as a lock and my guess is along with the high RPI, getting to the WCC finals vs Gonzaga was probably enough. But if you look at the conference as a whole even a mediocre Big West team was able to go and beat the 3rd seeded WCC team at home. I also think Iowa would be in, given the way they played in the Big 11 tournament. ND might be hurt by its low RPI though.

Western Carolina ain't gonna get love from the committee until UCI gets some from the BCS. We have gone undefeated for years and haven't even gotten a bowl bid. :gomer:

DaveL
03-13-05, 06:29 PM
Ya gotta go with the team with the hot hand going into the tournament. So I'm picking the team with the longest winning streak in the nation....Winthrop!

FCYTravis
03-13-05, 06:48 PM
4 sure

#65 what what

dando
03-13-05, 07:05 PM
Washington a #1 seed? WTF?!?

-Kevin

dando
03-13-05, 07:09 PM
Ya gotta go with the team with the hot hand going into the tournament. So I'm picking the team with the longest winning streak in the nation....Winthrop!
That just means they are next to lose. Just like ILL and the Pacific.

-Kevin

DaveL
03-13-05, 07:42 PM
Why do team with automatic bids cheer like crazy when they are named the #15 or #14 seed?

My first prediciton is Oakland over Alabama A&M.

Dr. Corkski
03-13-05, 07:47 PM
Why do team with automatic bids cheer like crazy when they are named the #15 or #14 seed?:laugh: That's exactly what I was thinking.

9 mid-major teams ended up with at-large bids.

DaveL
03-13-05, 08:28 PM
Regarding Alabama A&M and Oakland, not only do I think Oakland will win, they're going to kill them.

Let's look at some numbers.

Alabama A&M's only non-conference win was against Stephen F. Austin with an RPI of 291. They then turned around and lost to the same team week or two later. Alabama St. has an RPI of 249 and that's the highest RPI of any team A&M beat. A&M has a loss against Arkansas Pine Bluff with an RPI of 311. Alabama A&M's final RPI was 231.

Not to say that Oakland is any kind of powerhouse, but they do have a non-conference win against Bowling Green with an RPI of 107. They beat Oral Roberts with an RPI of 92 to win the Mid-Con. Their final RPI was 197.

Of the 10 teams in the SWAC, 5 of them have RPIs of 300 or lower. The SWAC's non-conference record was 11-71. So that's what Alabama A&M is the champion of. The SWAC has never won an NCAA tournament game of any kind. This year won't be any different.

Racing Truth
03-13-05, 09:03 PM
Those interested can join the Yahoo group I just created.

Name: OffCamber

password: grandamrules :gomer: :p Couldn't help myself.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-13-05, 09:07 PM
I may not know my college basketball like DaveL or the rest of you, but I do know about the SWAC not winning an NCAA game.

I think they're due so give me A&M (not the Ank hating kind), but the Alabama kind.

But I've got my eye on the other NCAA Tournament going on in St. Louis wrestling. I'll take you all on with that! Just hope Iowa gives a better performance than their Big 10 showing. Imagine, no individual Big 10 champion since 1969-- :shakehead :( :eek: :flame:

RHR_Fan
03-13-05, 11:46 PM
Wisconsin has a #6 seat so I am pretty happy. I just hope that however far they advance they won't have to play Illinois again! But at the same time it might be a slight advantage since they know how they work.

~Nicole

Night Train
03-13-05, 11:56 PM
I'd love for the 'Pack to get a shot at UConn, but beating UNCC will be tough in the first rd.

dando
03-14-05, 12:02 AM
Wisconsin has a #6 seat so I am pretty happy. I just hope that however far they advance they won't have to play Illinois again! But at the same time it might be a slight advantage since they know how they work.

~Nicole
Gonna hafta shoot better than the past couple of games. 25% against ILL was pathetic.

-Kevin

Amanda B.'s Mom
03-14-05, 12:08 AM
Agree on the 25%. In case they would meet by some strange quirk.....I wonder how often two teams have met 4 times in one year? And the same team has won every game.

RHR_Fan
03-14-05, 12:16 AM
That was a bad shooting game for WI. But nothing beats that shot Tucker had yesterday at the final second! Y'all see that? That was something else...

~Nicole

dando
03-14-05, 12:19 AM
That was a bad shooting game for WI. But nothing beats that shot Tucker had yesterday at the final second! Y'all see that? That was something else...

~Nicole
Did he call bank? ;) Those kind of shots are what makes March hoops special. :)

-Kevin

Lizzerd
03-14-05, 03:26 AM
The guy who made that shot said he called glass after he shot it. ESPN, I think. Kind of like I do when I take a shot in bowling that is gonna hit the 1-2 pocket instead of the 1-3. I'll stick out my left arm when the ball is half way down the lane, and if I strike, I can say I "called it".

Sean O'Gorman
03-14-05, 12:03 PM
Hey, my school is in...too bad it is only as a venue for the first round of the tournament! :laugh: I wonder if the free admission to all campus sporting events for students is extended to the NCAA tournament? :D

G.
03-14-05, 12:04 PM
Agree on the 25%. In case they would meet by some strange quirk.....I wonder how often two teams have met 4 times in one year? And the same team has won every game.My worst fear. It would be extremely hard for the Illini to beat the Badgers again.

< off to find some good-shooting mojo for the Illini >

Methanolandbrats
03-14-05, 12:38 PM
My worst fear. It would be extremely hard for the Illini to beat the Badgers again.

< off to find some good-shooting mojo for the Illini >It gets harder each time, but Illinois has a strange lineup that's hard to match up. Rebounding is always strong and there always seems to be somebody hitting better than 50% on threes. If you send a big lineup against em to even the rebounding, they drain threes and go on a 9-0 run. If you go with a quick lineup to counter their outside shooting, they out rebound ya 3-1. Tough to beat that.

DaveL
03-14-05, 01:48 PM
Worst reason why a team should get an at-large bid: They played a tough non-conference schedule.

Ya, maybe they did. But if they lost all of the games on said schedule so what?

Racing Truth
03-14-05, 02:09 PM
Worst reason why a team should get an at-large bid: They played a tough non-conference schedule.

Ya, maybe they did. But if they lost all of the games on said schedule so what?

That's an excellent point Dave. I don't care if you've played 15 teams in the RPI Top 50. If you win only one or 2 of those games, who cares?

dando
03-15-05, 08:27 PM
Hey, my school is in...too bad it is only as a venue for the first round of the tournament! :laugh: I wonder if the free admission to all campus sporting events for students is extended to the NCAA tournament? :D
Dude, the Gund doesn't count as a campus sporting venu for CSU. Go to a real school, will ya? :gomer:

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-15-05, 08:39 PM

bump

Plenty of good seats still available :gomer: ;)

DaveL
03-15-05, 10:03 PM
And the SWAC maintains its perfect record in NCAA Tournament play!

I told y'all Oakland would kill Alabama A&M (don't let the final score fool you-Oakland could have won by 25 points if they had felt like it).

I watched the SWAC championship game Sunday and by the end I was reduced to laying on the floor quivering in a fetal position after watching such bad basketball.

Oakland now gets the honor of getting destroyed by North Carolina. But, it's for the better. A&M, if they played the Tar Heels, would lose by like 90 points. At least Oakland will keep the margin in the 30s.

Sean O'Gorman
03-15-05, 10:14 PM
Dude, the Gund doesn't count as a campus sporting venu for CSU. Go to a real school, will ya? :gomer:

-Kevin

The Gund doesn't count but the CSU Convocation Center (or Wolstein Center I think its called now) does. So take that. :p

dando
03-16-05, 12:21 AM
The Gund doesn't count but the CSU Convocation Center (or Wolstein Center I think its called now) does. So take that. :p
I thought that was considered a HS gym this day and age (outside of Boise). Dint they play the tourney @ The Gund a couple of years ago? Considering how they've punted older arenas the past few years, I'm surprised they still play @ CSU. King James must not have approved the use of the King's court. ;)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
03-16-05, 03:41 AM
I thought that was considered a HS gym this day and age (outside of Boise). Dint they play the tourney @ The Gund a couple of years ago? Considering how they've punted older arenas the past few years, I'm surprised they still play @ CSU. King James must not have approved the use of the King's court. ;)

-Kevin

It holds almost 15,000. We roll big time in C-Town, y0!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/clst/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/Convo.jpg

B3RACER1a
03-16-05, 03:20 PM
I have Alabama and Wisconsin in the final, Wisconsin over the top. I know I'm an idiot.

Badgers! :gomer:

Racing Truth
03-16-05, 09:23 PM

last-minute bump

BTW: Hey Dave, does the "L" stand for Lunardi, as in the ESPN guy? ;) :gomer:

dando
03-16-05, 11:16 PM
Also, on a trivia note, Western Carolina was the last #16 seed to seriously challenge a #1 seed back in 1996:

#1 Purdue 73
#17 Western Carolina 71

:)

-Kevin

dando
03-16-05, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=Sean O'Gorman]It holds almost 15,000. We roll big time in C-Town, y0!

15K?!? Cripes, that's a middle school foosball field in Texas! Now back to your Grand Am thread where you belong, grasshopper. :D

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
03-16-05, 11:36 PM
Agree on the 25%. In case they would meet by some strange quirk.....I wonder how often two teams have met 4 times in one year? And the same team has won every game.

Wisconsin played the same opponent four times in a season not too long ago. During the 1999-2000 season, Wisconsin and Purdue played four times. Purdue won the first matchup in January at Mackey Arena. Eleven days later, Wisconsin got a split in the season series by winning in Madison. In the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals, Wisconsin beat Purdue to advance to the semifinals, and then they beat Purdue again two weeks later in Albuquerque to advance to the Final Four. :flame:

Go Chief! :)

RHR_Fan
03-16-05, 11:41 PM
Come 6:20 Friday night my bum will be parked on the couch with the TV on mute and the radio on. I like listening to the local sports announcers during games, even though radio is about two seconds ahead.

~Nicole

Methanolandbrats
03-16-05, 11:44 PM
Come 6:20 Friday night my bum will be parked on the couch with the TV on mute and the radio on. I like listening to the local sports announcers during games, even though radio is about two seconds ahead.

~Nicole :thumbup:

dando
03-17-05, 03:18 PM
Great start... #12 UWM leading large over Pitt, and Pacific is hot as hell and beating Pitt (who I have beating UW :( ). Niagra making a game of it against OU, and KY having a tussle against EKY. Jeebus I love this! :thumbup:

Go Zags!

-Kevin

The Doctor
03-17-05, 05:05 PM
Anyone not surprised 'Bama lost? Especially after their dismal show agasint UF.

Good job UWM, first "upset" of the day. :thumbup:

dando
03-17-05, 09:51 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if MSU is the next biggie upset tomorrow. Unless of course one happens tonight...four fantastic games underway now. Tho, Wake and 'zona are starting to pull away a bit.

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-17-05, 11:47 PM
I had to agree with my cute ass blonde aggie coworker today, we were going to lose...

oh well, at least the admission earned me points :D well that and it was fun to watch us lose while I was downing pitchers of shiner watching my cousin get reamed in his indoor footie game... HAH. :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
03-18-05, 12:36 AM
I had to agree with my cute ass blonde aggie coworker today, we were going to lose...

oh well, at least the admission earned me points :D well that and it was fun to watch us lose while I was downing pitchers of shiner watching my cousin get reamed in his indoor footie game... HAH. :rofl:

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/8859/motherofgod8ym.jpg

"oh well, at least the admission earned me points"?? Yeah, I can only imagine the thought process going on at that time. "Hey, if I agree with everything she says, then she is bound to respect me!" :laugh:

Also, since they are in the prestigious Horizon League, go UWM! :saywhat:

Ankf00
03-18-05, 01:04 AM
she's actually best friends with my project engineer from Houston... bloody weird, that and she knows my cousin through her buffalo friend, and knows ppl from my HS through aTm despite the fact she's from san antone... she's like, a stalker or something, I swear...... :saywhat:

Arkhat Ramathorn > you. :cool:

Texas >cleveland.

CART T. Katz
03-18-05, 12:54 PM
i hate to break it to rush's reasoning, but ain't no way in hell the majorly underseeded louisville cardinals are getting beat by the cajuns.

louisville got so screwed, the selection committe ran out of vaseline. bad for the rest of the field.

very bad. :flame:

Racing Truth
03-18-05, 02:52 PM

Not one bit. 'Bama always does this.

Dr. Corkski
03-19-05, 09:56 AM
Well UVM basically took out 1/4 of my bracket. But I have to admit I enjoyed watching that though. Even more than Kansas' completion of their choke job against Bucknell.

Ankf00
03-19-05, 12:26 PM
the roomie/cuz is from 'cuse :rofl: he didn't like last night too much :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
03-19-05, 12:39 PM
the roomie/cuz is from 'cuse :rofl: he didn't like last night too much :laugh: I sure did, I hate Boheem.

Racing Truth
03-19-05, 01:56 PM
Well UVM basically took out 1/4 of my bracket. But I have to admit I enjoyed watching that though. Even more than Kansas' completion of their choke job against Bucknell.

Yeah :flame: :)

I blame Woody Paige for this. :mad: ;)

dando
03-19-05, 05:28 PM
Damn Zags choked down the stretch, blowing a 13 pt. lead. Me thinks Few got schooled by the General in the 2nd half. Perhaps UAB will be this year's dancing darling.

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-19-05, 05:47 PM
how is a #3 seed a cinderella? :gomer:

dando
03-19-05, 06:02 PM
how is a #3 seed a cinderella? :gomer:
Didn't say they were, f00boy. The Zags have been considered 'darlings' since their tourney runs in '98 and '99. Go back to watching the OU game. Too bad UT dint make it past the first round. I would have loved watching ILL pound 'em. Oh well....I'll hafta wait until Sept., I guess. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-19-05, 06:04 PM
glass houses and NIT's, how pretty ;)
kinda like aggy at work "we made it past hte first round"
manager: "yo're not even in the tourney"
aggy: "ya but we're in the NIT!"
everyone: *shakehead*

ooo, the mormons are taking it to the toofless okies, w00t!

DaveL
03-19-05, 07:39 PM
Ever since Gonzaga went from little Cinderella to an "elite" team they've flamed out of the tourney early and often.

dando
03-19-05, 08:14 PM
Ever since Gonzaga went from little Cinderella to an "elite" team they've flamed out of the tourney early and often.
Well, they've only lost in the first round lasr year, but haven't made the Sweet 16 since '99. They only gained respect by the committee (ala a seed <4) the past two tourneys. This team was primed to go far, but they really missed not having a great shooter like Dikau. Rivio is a good point G, but not the best shot. Morrison is Larry Bird-like, but he ain't Bird.

Oh, and screw UAB being the darling of this tourney. I'm really liking UW-M (surely the kiss of death ;) ).

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
03-19-05, 08:59 PM
Caught the end of the UW-M game. Similar to the kind the Badgers played yesterday.

I think UW-M plays Illinois next, correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't that be an upset!

~Nicole

DaveL
03-19-05, 09:13 PM
Wisconsin-Milwaukee: The pride of the Horizon League! Cinderella is a Panther wearing black and gold this year.

Regarding Gonzaga, that's 6 years since their last Sweet 16. I'm not believing the hype.

BTW, somone PLEASE repaint the floor at Boise St? It's looks like someone spilled orange and blue paint all over it.

dando
03-19-05, 10:20 PM
Wisconsin-Milwaukee: The pride of the Horizon League! Cinderella is a Panther wearing black and gold this year.

Regarding Gonzaga, that's 6 years since their last Sweet 16. I'm not believing the hype.

BTW, somone PLEASE repaint the floor at Boise St? It's looks like someone spilled orange and blue paint all over it.
Dave, I didn't know there was hype about the Zags. However, as they proved @ OSU this season, they are a very good team. IMHO, the difference is the coaching (Monson vs. Few).

The floor @ Boise was repainted. They added the horse (bronco) head. @ least the floor ain't as bad as their foosball field. :saywhat:

-Kevin

DaveL
03-19-05, 10:24 PM
The floor @ Boise was repainted. They added the horse (bronco) head. @ least the floor ain't as bad as their foosball field. :saywhat:

The first time I saw that football field I thought the color had gone out on my TV.

dando
03-19-05, 10:24 PM
I think UW-M plays Illinois next, correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't that be an upset!

They do, and it would be, but it won't happen. :) IMHO, the difference in that game will be the guard play. ILL has three very solid guards, and the UW-M style of play fits well with the ILLINI style. Should be a fast-paced, exciting game. :thumbup:

-Kevin

DaveL
03-19-05, 10:34 PM
What's with the unpainted keys? It makes it hard to call the low post "the paint".

The floor @ Boise was repainted. They added the horse (bronco) head.

Maybe it's just me but the floor still looks like a blob of orange and blue vomit. Put the logo at center court where it belongs.

BTW, Bruce Pearl is a total jerkwad but he's a good coach. UWM is the pride of the mid-majors right now.

Go Bucknell and Vermont!

DaveL
03-20-05, 12:26 AM
Anyone who didn't enjoy West Virginia-Wake Forest is brain dead.

What a great effing game.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-20-05, 12:31 AM
I'm sure you have a great explanation why Pearl's a jerkwad, but when I met him the few times when he was at Iowa, he was pretty gracious and polite--and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm an alumni.

He can't be any worse than say Coach Knight (whom I also like) or George Raveling. Now there was a jerkwad.

Still, it's nice to see a team like UW-Milwaukee reach the same summit that Butler did.

Not sure they can beat Illinois, but then the Alabama and BC faithfull probably said the same thing.

DaveL
03-20-05, 12:41 AM
I'm sure you have a great explanation why Pearl's a jerkwad, but when I met him the few times when he was at Iowa, he was pretty gracious and polite--and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm an alumni.

Pearl was responsible for Illinois getting slapped with violations from the NCAA back in '89. He made all kinds of accusations about Illinois that the NCAA believed but never proved so Illinois got in trouble over essentially heresay. On top of that, Pearl refuses to shake hands with UIC head coach Jimmy Collins because Collins was an assitant at Illinois when Pearl was an assistant at Iowa. Collins has been willing to bury the hatchet but Pearl won't let it go.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-20-05, 12:47 AM
Pearl was responsible for Illinois getting slapped with violations from the NCAA back in '89. He made all kinds of accusations about Illinois that the NCAA believed but never proved so Illinois got in trouble over essentially heresay. On top of that, Pearl refuses to shake hands with UIC head coach Jimmy Collins because Collins was an assitant at Illinois when Pearl was an assistant at Iowa. Collins has been willing to bury the hatchet but Pearl won't let it go.Well I'm not surprised about the NCAA going on hearsay. They are pretty good at that without doing a lot research.

On another note, one championship down for a Webber, one to possibly go.

Bruce's younger brother won his first Illinois High School state title tonight when Glenbrook North upset Carbondale.

But if the elder Webber's going to win the NCAA title, the Illini will have to keep playing well and knock off Cinderella.

DaveL
03-20-05, 12:59 AM
Here's the sliding scale of the burden of proof:

Criminal-Beyond a reasonable doubt at the exclusion of all other possible explainations.

Civil-Preponderance of the evidence, more likely than not.

NCAA-Eh, good enough. Let's bust 'em.

dando
03-20-05, 06:29 PM
Pearl was responsible for Illinois getting slapped with violations from the NCAA back in '89. He made all kinds of accusations about Illinois that the NCAA believed but never proved so Illinois got in trouble over essentially heresay. On top of that, Pearl refuses to shake hands with UIC head coach Jimmy Collins because Collins was an assitant at Illinois when Pearl was an assistant at Iowa. Collins has been willing to bury the hatchet but Pearl won't let it go.
The Mills affair? Yeah, that stunk to high heaven. Same thing happened to OSU when Huggy Bear or one of his minions tattled on OSU in the early 90s. And UC wonders why OSU won't play them.... :shakehead I didn't realize Pearl was on the IA staff @ the time. Did that occur under Dr. Tom or Lute?

-Kevin

DaveL
03-20-05, 06:32 PM
I didn't realize Pearl was on the IA staff @ the time. Did that occur under Dr. Tom or Lute?

I don't recall who the head coach was. Jimmy Collins had his reputation unjustly damaged by the affair too and Pearl has made no attempt to extend an olive branch.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-21-05, 11:21 AM
I don't recall who the head coach was. Jimmy Collins had his reputation unjustly damaged by the affair too and Pearl has made no attempt to extend an olive branch.
It was Dr. Tom Davis. Lute left Iowa for Arizona and more loot and a National Title back in 1983.

Jervis Tetch 1
03-21-05, 11:39 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0503210218mar21,1,5872638.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

I did a little research on why Pearl's so hated (I really didn't know the reason why).

Seems to me a 50 point win by the Illini over UW-M still wouldn't be enough for Illinois fans. Or Deon Thomas.

I'm just sorry it happened when Pearl was at Iowa. This should make for an interesting game.

G.
03-21-05, 11:56 AM
Pearl was responsible for Illinois getting slapped with violations from the NCAA back in '89. He made all kinds of accusations about Illinois that the NCAA believed but never proved so Illinois got in trouble over essentially heresay. On top of that, Pearl refuses to shake hands with UIC head coach Jimmy Collins because Collins was an assitant at Illinois when Pearl was an assistant at Iowa. Collins has been willing to bury the hatchet but Pearl won't let it go.You got it backwards. Collins won't shake hands with Pearl. Pearl is sort of blacklisted by many coaches, according to what I've read.

From the Tribune article:
""We might have been able to do some damage in the tournament when I was there, but what hurt us was the Curse of Pearl,"' Thomas said. "I have never seen Bruce Pearl since that happened and I don't care to ever see him. I have nothing to say to him if I did. Talking to him about this would give him a sense of importance that he doesn't deserve."

Told that Collins, now the Illinois-Chicago head coach, feels just as strongly and still refuses to shake Pearl's hand after Horizon League games, Thomas understood.

"I wouldn't either," he said. "Because of jealousy, someone took away coach Collins' lifestyle and his job. He messed up my future. How can you forget someone like that?""

Go Illini!!!!!!!11111
Oskie w00t w00t!

IlliniRacer
03-21-05, 12:53 PM
You got it backwards. Collins won't shake hands with Pearl. Pearl is sort of blacklisted by many coaches, according to what I've read.

From the Tribune article:
""We might have been able to do some damage in the tournament when I was there, but what hurt us was the Curse of Pearl,"' Thomas said. "I have never seen Bruce Pearl since that happened and I don't care to ever see him. I have nothing to say to him if I did. Talking to him about this would give him a sense of importance that he doesn't deserve."

Told that Collins, now the Illinois-Chicago head coach, feels just as strongly and still refuses to shake Pearl's hand after Horizon League games, Thomas understood.

"I wouldn't either," he said. "Because of jealousy, someone took away coach Collins' lifestyle and his job. He messed up my future. How can you forget someone like that?""

Go Illini!!!!!!!11111
Oskie w00t w00t!

I like the "Cyber Yell" Oksie w00t w00t

Thomas and Collins need to let it go. Just like me. I'm not upset anymore about the brainless gutless scammin' no-good lyin snake-in-the-grass richard cranium that is Bruce Pearl.

;)

Racing Truth
03-21-05, 03:20 PM
Anyone who didn't enjoy West Virginia-Wake Forest is brain dead.

What a great effing game.

:thumbup: Unfortunately, I had Wake in the title game. :gomer: The Huskies might be better than I thought, and their next game v. Louisville will be a classic, IMHO.

CART T. Katz
03-21-05, 08:03 PM
the cards win this, the cards are in TEH FINAL FOUR!

and even though i have us losing to illinois in the national semi, i think that after that rambling wrecking of georgia tech(ing?) we got a shot at this thing.

and we still haven't forgotten about the bitty kitties either. :flame:

GO UTES/DUKE/STATE/HEELS!

and

FEAR THE C - A - R - D - S CARDS!
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif

dando
03-24-05, 10:40 PM
the cards win this, the cards are in TEH FINAL FOUR!

and even though i have us losing to illinois in the national semi, i think that after that rambling wrecking of georgia tech(ing?) we got a shot at this thing.

and we still haven't forgotten about the bitty kitties either. :flame:

GO UTES/DUKE/STATE/HEELS!

and

FEAR THE C - A - R - D - S CARDS!
http://ctkatz.trybalink.net/lou-99.gif
One step closer...WF coulda taken the Cards, but I doubt UT north or WVU can do it. Cards to the Final Four, but never count out the General.

Okie St./'zona should be a classic. ILLini to face the winner.

-Kevin

dando
03-26-05, 01:04 AM
Duke sucks. :gomer:

Big Ten gets three teams into the Elite 8. Go figger. So going into this weekend's games, it appear that conference breakdown is as follows:

Big Ten - 3 :thumbup:
Big East - 1
ACC - 1
SEC - 1
Pac 10 - 1
CUSA - 1

bIg 12 = 0 (bite it, Ank) :gomer:

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
03-26-05, 01:37 AM
Last four game minutes of the UNC vs. Villanova game were awesome, though it took close to 30 actual minutes to play. Should be a good game, UNC & WI come Sunday. Hope my grandma doesn't mind if I want to watch the game at her house!

And the Badger game...whoa did they suck the first half. Glad they got their act together the second.

~Nicole

Night Train
03-26-05, 03:32 AM
As the token NC State fan on the board, congrats to Wisconsin. Please beat UNC on Sunday.

*grumble, grumble*

Racing Truth
03-26-05, 04:09 PM
Duke sucks. :gomer:

Big Ten gets three teams into the Elite 8. Go figger. So going into this weekend's games, it appear that conference breakdown is as follows:

Big Ten - 3 :thumbup:
Big East - 1
ACC - 1
SEC - 1
Pac 10 - 1
CUSA - 1

bIg 12 = 0 (bite it, Ank) :gomer:

-Kevin

:thumbup: Hehe.

So long Duke!

Methanolandbrats
03-26-05, 06:07 PM
As the token NC State fan on the board, congrats to Wisconsin. Please beat UNC on Sunday.

*grumble, grumble* If Wisconsin can slow the game down, they can. If UNC runs, forget it.

dando
03-26-05, 06:16 PM
If Wisconsin can slow the game down, they can. If UNC runs, forget it.
Agreed. And if UNC plays like the did last night, Badgahs r in the Final Four. :thumbup:

-Kevin

dando
03-26-05, 08:07 PM
Gads. WVU just ran out of steam. Cards = fortunate

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-26-05, 09:01 PM
Gads. WVU just ran out of steam. Cards = fortunate

-KevinLive by the 3, die by the 3.

dando
03-26-05, 09:18 PM
Live by the 3, die by the 3.
They actually shot better from 3 than the rest of the field (~70%). Turned the ball over a few too many times down the stretch, and their D just wore out towards the end.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-26-05, 09:20 PM
They actually shot better from 3 than the rest of the field (~70%). Turned the ball over a few too many times down the stretch, and their D just wore out towards the end.

-KevinNot in OT they didn't

dando
03-26-05, 10:18 PM
Unbelievable.

dando
03-26-05, 10:22 PM
Not in OT they didn't
Yup. Shouldn't have gotten that far....shoulda won on the on the final possession. By the time they got to OT, their legs were gone. Oh well. Good run. Up to the Badgahs to play Cindyrella.

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-26-05, 10:29 PM
Illannoy VS Az..........greattest basketball game I have ever seen in 40 years. :eek:

dando
03-26-05, 10:35 PM
Unfrickingbelievable! Gotta be one of the best comebacks evar. Down 15 w/4 to go. Wow! I mean WOW!

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
03-26-05, 10:53 PM
I gotta buy more beers for tomorrow. :)

Ankf00
03-26-05, 10:58 PM
what's this "basketball" you guys speak of? :gomer:

the one upside to this year's tourney is the okie state frat guys I partied with last night couldn't talk any **** cuz we pwn3d em this year and they got knocked the **** out 2 nights ago

Ed_Severson
03-26-05, 10:59 PM
If you don't love college basketball after today, you don't have a pulse.

IlliniRacer
03-26-05, 11:03 PM
[.....groggily coming to] What the he11 just happend?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKEEEE EEEEEE
WOW
WOW!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
03-26-05, 11:06 PM
[.....groggily coming to] What the he11 just happend?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKEEEE EEEEEE
WOW
WOW!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Ya knows, if Bucky gets over UNC, yur boys won't beat us again. Hard to beat a team three times. Congrats on the win, I still can't bel;ieve I saw it.
:thumbup:

dando
03-26-05, 11:19 PM
Ya knows, if Bucky gets over UNC, yur boys won't beat us again. Hard to beat a team three times.

But they already have. :) IF ILL and WI make it into the championship, that would be the 4th meeting this season (2 regular season, 1 Big 10 tourney...).

IRacer, congrats. :cool:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-26-05, 11:20 PM
If you don't love college basketball after today, you don't have a pulse.It's not as much fun without a bunch of computers deciding who the best team is. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
03-26-05, 11:40 PM
But they already have. :) IF ILL and WI make it into the championship, that would be the 4th meeting this season (2 regular season, 1 Big 10 tourney...).

IRacer, congrats. :cool:

-KevinBig Duh