PDA

View Full Version : Champ Car to Cure Cancer?

L1P1
03-11-05, 08:06 PM
Put a couple of ex-Silicon Valley CEOs together and you never know what you might get. A cure for cancer? Well, it's possible:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_2600158

FCYTravis
03-11-05, 08:07 PM
Good press :thumbup:

Anteater
03-11-05, 10:19 PM
What a cool article! Up to this point, I've been pretty down on the San Jose Grand Prix, but now I hope it's a big success.

Oh, and thank you for inventing the Internet, Mr. Listwin...I think. ;)

CARTNUT
03-11-05, 10:29 PM
Hmmmm, help find a cure for cancer, or subsidize corn farmers. Gee, let me think about this... :confused: ;)

Dr. Corkski
03-11-05, 10:56 PM
Well, at least those guys are doing one thing right. :thumbup:

There are a couple of rather strange quotes in there though:

Then, Listwin said, "we created this cool thing called the Internet some 25 years ago, and we are doing amazing things with it now that even those of us who participated in a small way in its creation wouldn't have believed. We believe it is that collaborative model that needs to change to begin to restructure the industry." Liar. Al Gore invented the internet. :gomer:

"It takes the festival atmosphere of F-1 but takes out the technology war of that series and puts the driver at the center like NASCAR does," Listwin said." :saywhat:

FCYTravis
03-11-05, 10:57 PM
OMG WAIT I THOT NASCAR WUZ EEEEEEEVIL??????

Methanolandbrats
03-11-05, 11:09 PM
"It takes the festival atmosphere of F-1 but takes out the technology war of that series and puts the driver at the center like NASCAR does," Listwin said."

He never heard of The Call. :laugh:

JLMannin
03-12-05, 09:56 AM
We all know that NASCAR is most likely scripted to some extent, but the masses likely haven't a clue. If champcar's reality matches NASCAR's perception in the masses, then that is likely more of a good thing than a bad thing.

Racing Truth
03-12-05, 02:23 PM
Well, that NASCAR quote was, uhmmm, interesting.

That aside, very :cool:

I had a similar thought to 'NUT as well.